ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-06 | 08:05 PM
carenthus
Driver

With black interior, as long as the all the side and rear windows are tinted you should be fine. If your car comes with the power rear sunshade plus the tint that would be even better. Don't forget about the protection for the front windshield. Get yourself a good quality front windshield sunshade/deflector and you'll have the coolest car on the planet.
Old 03-26-06 | 09:43 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

^^ Werd I think window tint alone works tons, though its definitely not for everyone. Has a few drawbacks. The most obvious is night time vision. I have 15% tint on my windows, but I find nighttime driving just fine.
Old 03-26-06 | 09:52 PM
Shred
Driver

A couple of years ago I had the windows tinted in my Camry. I really like it and would consider doing the Lexus but I've noticed that the plastic seems to put out of some toxic irritating smell from the tinting.

I'm real sensitive to such things and it didn't have that smell before the tinting.
So I'd like to have darker windows but I'm afraid of that odor again.
maybe it was just the brand of tinting, I don't know.

I really want it darker. I'm considering having it done and if the odor comes back I could have it peeled off. I'm not sure what to do.[
Anyone else have an odor problem with window tinting?
Old 03-26-06 | 09:56 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

Nah thats wierd. Never even heard of that. Do you remember what brand window tint you used??

I have Madico(a 3M film) and it doesnt smell one bit.
Old 03-26-06 | 09:58 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by badgis
That is the manual overide for the transmition. You know how you have to have your foot on the brake to allow the transmition to be put into gear, well if that saftey feature were to malfunction you could not put the trasmition into gear. Under that plastic cover is the manual release for the transmition.
Then how do you start the car if the key fob battery is dead?
You can get in the door because there is a key that slides out of the fob, but then how do you start the car? I plan on keeping an extra battery in the glove box.
Old 03-26-06 | 10:00 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by magneto112
Nah thats wierd. Never even heard of that. Do you remember what brand window tint you used??

I have Madico(a 3M film) and it doesnt smell one bit.
I dunno, i had a place professionally do it.

Maybe I should buy my own tint and do it.

I'm gonna ask what brand they used.
Old 03-26-06 | 10:06 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by Shred
I dunno, i had a place professionally do it.

Maybe I should buy my own tint and do it.

I'm gonna ask what brand they used.
Unless you are really good or have experience with window tinting, I unfortunately couldnt recommend it.
Old 03-26-06 | 10:10 PM
Shred
Driver

I see they offer three types of tints.

http://www.rhinolinings-austin.com/rhinowt.htm

Do you know what you got?
Old 03-26-06 | 10:11 PM
Shred
Driver

I meant buy my own tint, and give it to a pro to do.

Hey Mag, you considering a new ES?
That Nissan's gettin' kinda old!
Old 03-26-06 | 10:15 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

Madico HP(High Performance). The second one over, but mine came with a lifetime warranty as well.
Old 03-26-06 | 10:19 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by Shred
I meant buy my own tint, and give it to a pro to do.

Hey Mag, you considering a new ES?
That Nissan's gettin' kinda old!
HAHAh....nah not yet. Yea its gettin up there, but its still good to go for awhile. I only have 90K on the car and nothing has ever gone wrong. Just regular maintainance stuff.

More than likely not going to get another ES(though I really do like it), but probably a new IS. I promised myself to switch to RWD for my next car Give me another year or 2 though.
Old 03-26-06 | 10:21 PM
carenthus
Driver

About window tint, I believe the metallic type tint are the best choice. They do not fade and last much longer. They also are more effective at deflecting infrared & ultraviolet rays.

The kind I have are titanium tint. That's what the shop told me. Initially, after the tint, there was an odor smell from the glue. When they are dry, the odor should be gone though.

When I had mine done, the tint shop recommends not to roll down the windows for two weeks. During this time period, the odor in the car is pretty bad. All I could do is open the sunroof.
Old 03-26-06 | 10:23 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

really?? so you had a odor too huh?? I never smelled anything when I got mine put on. But I agree, it is probably the glue that they use to put the tint on with.
Old 03-26-06 | 10:25 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by magneto112
More than likely not going to get another ES(though I really do like it), but probably a new IS. I promised myself to switch to RWD for my next car Give me another year or 2 though.
I drove the IS AWD 250 last Friday. Freaking awsome car. A litle too low to the ground for me, and a little bit cramped, but I still loved it. If I were to get one I'd try out the 350. I want to go back and drive one now. The accleration must be mind blowing!
Old 03-26-06 | 10:28 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by carenthus
About window tint, I believe the metallic type tint are the best choice. They do not fade and last much longer. They also are more effective at deflecting infrared & ultraviolet rays.

The kind I have are titanium tint. That's what the shop told me. Initially, after the tint, there was an odor smell from the glue. When they are dry, the odor should be gone though.

When I had mine done, the tint shop recommends not to roll down the windows for two weeks. During this time period, the odor in the car is pretty bad. All I could do is open the sunroof.

They use glue? I still think the odor would be from the tint itself because the glue would be in between the window and the tint.
I bet the metallic does deflect more but dare i say it might look a little too . . . ghetto!

Ushally you see metallic tint on an Escalade with $4000 spinning wheels. LOL!!!

Quick Reply: 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)