ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-06 | 10:38 PM
carenthus
Driver

Another thing I forgot to mention about the metallic tint is they are not too dark at night. Well at least for the titanium tint that I got. Not sure about other metallic type. I could see pretty well at night when I backup. I remember mine was like 20%. It was the darkest shade that the tint shop had for titanium.

One thing about titanium is it is not as dark as other types of tint. The coating is more reflective than dark. More mirror like. It depends on what one's taste is. Overall, I am very happy with the tint.

Tinting brings up a whole new discussion to talk about, such as nav/radio reception interference, type (non-metallic, metallic, or ceramic), color, ...

Last edited by carenthus; 03-26-06 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-26-06 | 11:06 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by carenthus
Another thing I forgot to mention about the metallic tint is they are not too dark at night. Well at least for the titanium tint that I got. Not sure about other metallic type. I could see pretty well at night when I backup. I remember mine was like 20%. It was the darkest shade that the tint shop had for titanium.

One thing about titanium is it is not as dark as other types of tint. The coating is more reflective than dark. More mirror like. It depends on what one's taste is. Overall, I am very happy with the tint.
Is it shiny like a mirror on the outside? Is that the metallic type?
Old 03-27-06 | 08:02 AM
carenthus
Driver

Originally Posted by Shred
Is it shiny like a mirror on the outside? Is that the metallic type?
Yes, it is. The more metal the more reflective the tint will be.
Old 03-27-06 | 08:15 AM
carenthus
Driver

I got an idea to go even cooler.

Borrowing from old technology, I think Lexus should add a croutch vent under the steering wheel column. My brother's old 1989 Nissan 240SX had one. To keep up with modern time, Lexus should make it a three zone automatic climate control. This way the passenger could have a temp setting at 75 F, the driver at 70 F, and the croutch zone at a cool 65 F.

Then Lexus could run a commercial with a hot lady pulling up to a fast food drive thru ready to order her meal. The attendant in the fast food would ask her what she wants to order. Then the hot lady driver would start make sexy moaning noise (ooohhh, aaaaahhh). The famous Lexus commercial narrator that we all know would then say "Introducing the all new redesign 2007 Lexus ES350 with the world's first three zone automatic climate control. The next passionate phenomenon from Lexus."
Old 03-27-06 | 08:25 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

^^^^ LOL...out of control!!!!
Old 03-27-06 | 01:12 PM
bnet504
Driver School Candidate
CL Folding 25,000

Then how do you start the car if the key fob battery is dead?
You can get in the door because there is a key that slides out of the fob, but then how do you start the car? I plan on keeping an extra battery in the glove box.
If the smart key system in the ES350 is the same as the system in the IS, which I'm sure is, then you would still be able to start the car by placing the key fob about one inch away from the start button then pressing the start button. The key fob can still transmit a signal when the battery is dead. I believe this is possible through the use of an RFID chip.
Old 03-27-06 | 03:00 PM
papachino
Pole Position

I have a crotch vent in my '93 ES oooooooh aaaaah!
Old 03-27-06 | 04:30 PM
Shred
Driver

I got an idea to go even cooler.

Borrowing from old technology, I think Lexus should add a croutch vent under the steering wheel column.
Pretty funny. I always choose to have the air coming out of the top and the heat vents!
Old 03-27-06 | 04:44 PM
Shred
Driver

The dealer told me today when I get my car is dependent upon if they will make that middle Premium Plus package with the Mark Levinson right away. If they will, then I could get the car in about a month.

But he said we may have to wait up to 120 days because they may only put the ML system in the Ultra Luxury package in the begining.

I really can't believe that they will ONLY have the the ML system in the most expensive models.

Gee man I just want a darn car!!!

I wonder when it will come.
Old 03-27-06 | 08:43 PM
Shred
Driver

Pretty extensive review and comparason of the new Camry from Edmunds.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...0/pageId=69278
They gave it a very good review. They have it doing 0-60 in 6.5 seconds.
Faster than a BMW 330i.

I wonder why they gave the Lexus ES a 0-60 time of 7.1 seconds?
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=109687

Could it be that much slower?
Is it the 100 extra pounds of the Lexus?
It just seems odd to me.
Old 03-27-06 | 11:11 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

Maybe the tranny is geared a little differently.

I read somewhere that the 6speed auto in the Camry is really geared toward aggressive acceleration. The first 3 gears are kinda short and the 6th gear serves as an overdrive gear(maybe the 5th as well.

Either way, both cars were tested on 2 different days. Who knows what the conditions were like. They could have tested the ES in the desert of Arizona and Camry in the cool area(right now) of the Northeast.

Plus Edmunds really isnt known for producing fast times for anything. They are not as aggressive as say, Automobile, C&D, Road&Track etc.
Old 03-28-06 | 12:32 AM
Shred
Driver

I'd love to see someone test it at 0-60 in the upper 6 seconds time.
Old 03-28-06 | 07:55 AM
carenthus
Driver

On Lexus's website, the 2007 ES350 is rated at 6.8 seconds for a 0-60 mph run. This is listed on the preview link for the ES350. This is a respectable number IMO.
Old 03-28-06 | 10:34 AM
Shred
Driver

On Lexus's website, the 2007 ES350 is rated at 6.8 seconds for a 0-60 mph run. This is listed on the preview link for the ES350. This is a respectable number IMO.
OK, yes it is a good time, very fast.
The terrible time is the time they are making me wait for this car!!!
Old 03-28-06 | 11:49 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Pretty extensive review and comparason of the new Camry from Edmunds.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...0/pageId=69278
They gave it a very good review. They have it doing 0-60 in 6.5 seconds.
Faster than a BMW 330i.

I wonder why they gave the Lexus ES a 0-60 time of 7.1 seconds?
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=109687

Could it be that much slower?
Is it the 100 extra pounds of the Lexus?
It just seems odd to me.
Awesome review and a great win for the New Camry.

I can't believe they gave the JBL system a 9.0 score--that's as good as the Mark Levinson system in the New ES and the New IS!!!

Let's see...better acceleration, reclining rear seats, faux wood that looks as good as real according to Edmunds, and an audio system that sounds just as good... Now can someone please tell me why anyone should get an ES over a Camry XLE besides for a possibly better customer service?

EDIT: Ah, I see that the Camry is sorely lacking an HID option. That might just kill the deal for me.

Quick Reply: 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)