ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-06, 09:33 PM
United #10
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, This is my first post in ES forum. Is anyone know when ES350 will go on sale? Any price info yet?

Thanks
Old 04-02-06, 11:26 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Shred
Motorweek, shown on most Public Braodcast televisions stations on Saturdays will have a review of the Lexus ES350 this week.

I think!

At least thats what my Direct TV menu tells me.
www.motorweek.org

They have a show listed of the testing of the new Camry which should also be interesting with a written review HERE.

I tape it every week myself, great show.

Be sure to watch it, tape it or TIVO it!
Actually here's the date of the road test:

Episode Title: 2534/Lexus ES350
PBS broadcast window begins: April 28, 2006
Quick Listing:
Road Test: All-new 2007 Lexus ES350 sedan

I saw the Camry review today, very informative!
Old 04-03-06, 04:30 AM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by United #10
Hi, This is my first post in ES forum. Is anyone know when ES350 will go on sale? Any price info yet? Thanks
Best info is April 22 is opening day with a $35K base price or below.
They should get a test drive vehicle in that day and have some to sell in another week.
It seems like the longest wait in creation to me!
Old 04-03-06, 10:18 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

You can expect a very good estimate of $42,000 with Ultra luxury pkg with mark levinson/nav package. Add another $2500-$3000 for Pre-collision system with radar cruise control.
Old 04-03-06, 12:50 PM
United #10
Pole Position

Shred,
Thanks for the info
Old 04-03-06, 05:06 PM
dp5
Driver

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
You can expect a very good estimate of $42,000 with Ultra luxury pkg with mark levinson/nav package. Add another $2500-$3000 for Pre-collision system with radar cruise control.
So you can buy the Ultraluxury package w/o the pre-collision system?
Old 04-03-06, 05:12 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dp5
So you can buy the Ultraluxury package w/o the pre-collision system?
The Ultraluxry Package Consists of the following only:

Panorama Glass Roof
Upgraded Leather
17" Wheel (Graphite Finish)
Power Rear Sunshade
Wood/Leather-trimmed Steering Whelel & Shift ****
HID/AFS Headlights
NAV/Back-up Camera
Rear Seat Airbags
And All options under the premium plus package.

The Lexus Pre-Collision System (PCS) and Dynamic Radar Crusie Control Package REQUIRE the Ulta-Luxury Package, but are separate and additional options. So in a way, the answer to your question is yes.
Old 04-03-06, 06:05 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

No one knows yet what the ES pricing will be as Lexus has not released any official info. You are playing a dangerous guessing game and possibly giving out incorrect information to real buyers.

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
United #10, please check with your local Lexus dealer. In the past, the PCS hasn't been on all cars throughout the US. (California has only seen them on special orders.) Also, pricing (and the car) will be available shortly.

Good luck.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 04-03-06 at 06:10 PM. Reason: we need spellcheck on cl!
Old 04-03-06, 08:03 PM
dp5
Driver

Originally Posted by jeffofla
The Ultraluxry Package Consists of the following only:

Panorama Glass Roof
Upgraded Leather
17" Wheel (Graphite Finish)
Power Rear Sunshade
Wood/Leather-trimmed Steering Whelel & Shift ****
HID/AFS Headlights
NAV/Back-up Camera
Rear Seat Airbags
And All options under the premium plus package.

The Lexus Pre-Collision System (PCS) and Dynamic Radar Crusie Control Package REQUIRE the Ulta-Luxury Package, but are separate and additional options. So in a way, the answer to your question is yes.
Thanks for the info. I'm buying the car as soon as it is released and I can find one that matches my criteria. I don't care one way or another about the Panoramic Glass Roof and I've always found the regular leather in the ES 300 to be sufficient but all the other options in the Ultraluxury package are things that I would likely choose. Is there typically a discount for buying the options in a package versus choosing some of the higher options individually (like Nav, ML, etc.)?
Old 04-03-06, 08:48 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
No one knows yet what the ES pricing will be as Lexus has not released any official info. You are playing a dangerous guessing game and possibly giving out incorrect information to real buyers.
Dangerous?!!! LOL!
C'mon now what DANGER?!!!!!

I'm a REAL buyer since I have already plunked my deposit down and have no idea what the car will really cost.
I don't really sense any DANGER.

Yes, the info could be incorrect but SO WHAT? This is a forum, not a Lexus dealership.

If you're worried about the real prices wait until the cars arrive on the lots in 3 weeks.

Your choice of words just made me laugh.
I consider Russian Roulette a DANGEROUS game, not estimating car prices with a pretty good degree of certainty.
Old 04-03-06, 08:57 PM
Shred
Driver

Originally Posted by dp5
Thanks for the info. I'm buying the car as soon as it is released and I can find one that matches my criteria. I don't care one way or another about the Panoramic Glass Roof and I've always found the regular leather in the ES 300 to be sufficient but all the other options in the Ultraluxury package are things that I would likely choose. Is there typically a discount for buying the options in a package versus choosing some of the higher options individually (like Nav, ML, etc.)?
I think you're going to find as I did when I put my deposit down that if you want the real fancy things like Mark Levinson sound they are going to require you to at least get the Premium Plus package.
They had to call and ask if that was even available in that package which they say it was.
Old 04-03-06, 09:01 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Dangerous?!!! LOL!
C'mon now what DANGER?!!!!!

I'm a REAL buyer since I have already plunked my deposit down and have no idea what the car will really cost.
I don't really sense any DANGER.

Yes, the info could be incorrect but SO WHAT? This is a forum, not a Lexus dealership.

If you're worried about the real prices wait until the cars arrive on the lots in 3 weeks.

Your choice of words just made me laugh.
I consider Russian Roulette a DANGEROUS game, not estimating car prices with a pretty good degree of certainty.
We have thousands of people who surf our website for information on Lexus. Many of these people are first time owners and may not be as knowledgable as others. Yes this a forum and we try to keep things as accurate as possible.

We do not allow people to post information as if they are "in the know" when I know they are not.

If you want to speculate pricing then state that in your post.

There is no way anyone can post prices "with a good degree of certainty" because no one knows anything about pricing yet. In the past Lexus has kept the same msrp from the previous year and sometimes they've increased it. Although I'm sure we'll be reading your post on pricing the very second it's released.
Old 04-03-06, 09:17 PM
LexFather

We have thousands of people who surf our website for information on Lexus. Many of these people are first time owners and may not be as knowledgable as others. Yes this a forum and we try to keep things as accurate as possible.

We do not allow people to post information as if they are "in the know" when I know they are not.

There is no way anyone can post prices "with a good degree of certainty" because no one knows anything about pricing yet. In the past Lexus has kept the same msrp from the previous year and sometimes they've increased it. Although I'm sure we'll be reading your post on pricing the very second it's released.
I agree here. Its okay to speculate, what you think, etc.
To say something to the effect "this estimate will be off a couple hunderd dollars" can give people the wrong impression, especially if the person it totally off.
Old 04-03-06, 11:51 PM
Shred
Driver

First off I didn't make that estimate.

"Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
You can expect a very good estimate of $42,000 with Ultra luxury pkg with mark levinson/nav package. Add another $2500-$3000 for Pre-collision system with radar cruise control."

Notice the word ESTIMATE he used.

You said "We do not allow people to post information as if they are "in the know" when I know they are not."

He did NOT say the price like he was "in the know", as you said, he simply made an estimate and called it as such.

I said as a general comment "with a good degree of certainty" because Lexus promised a MINOR price increase so we DO "know something about pricing yet".

So what is a newbie going to do? Go to a Lexus dealer and cry "But someone on Club Lexus said the car was only $19K?!"

By the way his estimate of that price was DEAD ON the estimate my Lexus dealer gave me

I still think your "dangerous game" comment was WAY overblown and nothing less than ridiculous.

I've seen a lot more very wrong comments on here and not once did we ever hear a peep about it.

Seems to me you're just covering your butt for that inane comment which did not follow the syntax that you just defended it with meaning the "in the know" comment you called it was actually prefaced with the word ESTIMATE.

There is also the disclamer you link to on every page "ClubLexus is NOT affiliated with LEXUS, a division of Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc. LEXUS."

Maybe you should go work on that spellcheck thing being an exec here.
Old 04-04-06, 12:13 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

First off I didn't make that estimate.
"Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
You can expect a very good estimate of $42,000 with Ultra luxury pkg with mark levinson/nav package. Add another $2500-$3000 for Pre-collision system with radar cruise control."

Notice the word ESTIMATE he used.
You said "We do not allow people to post information as if they are "in the know" when I know they are not."
He did NOT say the price like he was "in the know", as you said, he simply made an estimate and called it as such.
I said as a general comment "with a good degree of certainty" because Lexus promised a MINOR price increase so we DO "know something about pricing yet".
So what is a newbie going to do? Go to a Lexus dealer and cry "But someone on Club Lexus said the car was only $19K?!"
By the way his estimate of that price was DEAD ON the estimate my Lexus dealer gave me
I still think your "dangerous game" comment was WAY overblown and nothing less than ridiculous.
I've seen a lot more very wrong comments on here and not once did we ever hear a peep about it.
Seems to me you're just covering your butt for that inane comment which did not follow the syntax that you just defended it with meaning the "in the know" comment you called it was actually prefaced with the word ESTIMATE.
There is also the disclamer you link to on every page "ClubLexus is NOT affiliated with LEXUS, a division of Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc. LEXUS."
Maybe you should go work on that spellcheck thing being an exec here.
I find your post insulting and a bit rude.

There are a few people on our forums who act like they know all kinds of secret inside info and we do not tolerate it. (Prices, pictures, release dates, options or otherwise)
If you happen to come across these other "wrong comments" that we missed please report it.

We have a very good relationship with Lexus corporate and we plan on keeping it that way.

I sold Lexus' for 13 years at dealerships and I heard ridiculous prices from buyers all the time. Sometimes they said they made it up, they heard from a friend, or they read it on the internet.

The dealers are just guessing prices at this point as well. The ES350 isn't even on the boats yet and doesn't show up in their computer inventory. No vin #, no cars, no prices, not yet.

In any case, my original post was intended for GS3rdwow, I'm unsure why you felt the need to jump in.

**I now consider this matter closed, let's get back on the ES350 topic please. If you want to discuss it further you can pm me.**

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 04-04-06 at 12:27 AM. Reason: spellcheck

Quick Reply: 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)