ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-06, 06:42 AM
Lenscap
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harrier330
Are you joking that es350 is fresh off the production line in nippon. Maybe thats just one of hundreds made already to be ship to the states.
I doubt the car in the photos is U.S. bound because it has the turn indicator on the side behind the front wheel well. I don't think the U.S. cars would have that.
Old 02-01-06, 08:48 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anymore pics of the new es circulating like one without the glass roof or another exterior or interior color or different angles of the car shown i want to see the gauges and the rear seat area and the door panels.
Old 02-01-06, 08:55 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

This is a statement (not quoted) from someone one else about that ES on the port...

"That car is not US version...the car does not look gorgeous or anything close to the word..it is not ugly either...but from what the GM's GSM's saw in their sneek peek at a visit in Canada - they said it was truly gorgeous."

Im not saying anything cuz i have not seen the actual US production car...but a lot of ppl have criticized the look of that ES including myself but i will hold off all judgement till I see the car in person next month.
Old 02-01-06, 10:06 AM
chiawei
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

This is US spec production car.

The picture i believe is taken at Toyota vehicle preparation center in Taiwan. The car is probably sent ahead for emission testing purposes.

Lexus in taiwan only import US spec cars (not sure why this is the case, since japanese car is allowed into taiwan regardless of spec).
Old 02-01-06, 12:10 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^^
I'm a little confused...so is it the US car or not? Are the pics from Taiwan or Japan? And is it the 'gorgeous' car seen in Canada or not?

Thx for the info, I realize right now is supposed to be confusing...thx to Lexus lol!
Old 02-01-06, 01:23 PM
chiawei
Intermediate

Originally Posted by enigma354
^^^
I'm a little confused...so is it the US car or not? Are the pics from Taiwan or Japan? And is it the 'gorgeous' car seen in Canada or not?

Thx for the info, I realize right now is supposed to be confusing...thx to Lexus lol!
I am 100% certain that the picture is from taiwan. (you can see it from the picture where it shows chinese characters on one of the garage doors).

Lexus in taiwan has always imported US spec cars with minor changes. Hence this is what the ES will look like in US.
Old 02-01-06, 01:29 PM
Falcon LS
Lead Lap

I've noticed on both the new LS and IS (and now the new ES), that the door mirrors are mounted on the sheet metal rather than on the front corner of the windows (if that makes sense).

Anyway, I like the rear end...particularly the chrome tips on the duals. Overall, it looks more sportier, although the old one had a more classic design, which I favored. But I'm not a fan of the door mirrors or the front end, which seems to remind me of the Hyundai Sonata. The oval part on the center of the dashboard kinda looks "different". I liked the old interior better, particularly the wood trim around the gauges, etc.
Old 02-01-06, 01:42 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chiawei
I am 100% certain that the picture is from taiwan. (you can see it from the picture where it shows chinese characters on one of the garage doors).

Lexus in taiwan has always imported US spec cars with minor changes. Hence this is what the ES will look like in US.
Hmm you must have very sharp eyes because I've been looking long and hard for any signs of recognizable characters but simply can't. In which pic did you find Chinese characters? I don't doubt it's in Taiwan however, since the background settings look very Taiwanese indeed.
Old 02-01-06, 01:45 PM
chiawei
Intermediate

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Hmm you must have very sharp eyes because I've been looking long and hard for any signs of recognizable characters but simply can't. In which pic did you find Chinese characters? I don't doubt it's in Taiwan however, since the background settings look very Taiwanese indeed.
Look at picture below, on top of the garage door there is traditional chinese characters.

In addition, in one of the picture is show a Mitsubishi Delica that was made in taiwan until couple years ago (another dead give away, since that paint scheme is found on almost all delica in taiwan- another taiwanese exclusive).

The surrounding looks almost identical to the Lexus vehicle preparation center that i went to 2 years ago (i have a cousin that works for Ho Tai motor- toyota/lexus of taiwan).

I am very suprised that someone leaked this out so early.

Last edited by chiawei; 02-01-06 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-01-06, 01:51 PM
Falcon LS
Lead Lap

Somewhat reminds me of the Sonata for some reason, too:

Old 02-01-06, 05:47 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

I gotta tell ya. I've bought 2 ESs and I'm just not excited enough. I think an IS or GS is in my future.

I'll try to reserve judgment until the Chicago show with better pics but it's still not different enough from the Camry.
Old 02-01-06, 06:32 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
For those that feel the camry is FUGLY....rememebr u are looking at online pictrures....let me show u the car from an actual autoshow i went to and then u judge yourself how it looks. Here it is in a dark gray/flint color.
I used to think you could paint a cockroach Flint Mica and it would look good,
but I guess I was wrong. I am still repulsed by the new Camry.

A flint mica ES on the other hand. Might even look good

I know the Flint Mica LS460 looks killer.
Old 02-01-06, 06:58 PM
halfpast3
Driver School Candidate

Hi all, I've been lurking in this forum for a little while, cool site for sure. I've got an 05 ES 330, I love the car. The luxury and refinement for the money are unmatched. I admit it's not the best handling car, but it's not meant to be. I love the looks of it but there seem to be a lot of haters out there. I was just curious as to why. With the HIDS, and 17's Pearl White, the car looks nice. I like the new ES, but the interior is seriously lacking in wood. That's what really catches anyones eye when they get in my car is the sweeping dash with opitron, wood, and navi. Oh well the new ES should definitely hit 60 in sub 6.5 secs, I hope anyway.
Old 02-01-06, 07:30 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by halfpast3
Hi all, I've been lurking in this forum for a little while, cool site for sure. I've got an 05 ES 330, I love the car. The luxury and refinement for the money are unmatched. I admit it's not the best handling car, but it's not meant to be. I love the looks of it but there seem to be a lot of haters out there. I was just curious as to why. With the HIDS, and 17's Pearl White, the car looks nice. I like the new ES, but the interior is seriously lacking in wood. That's what really catches anyones eye when they get in my car is the sweeping dash with opitron, wood, and navi. Oh well the new ES should definitely hit 60 in sub 6.5 secs, I hope anyway.
Welcome to CL. I admit I have been one of the haters and there is no justification
for it. I was just bitter because I could not drive my ES loaner like a donkey around the
corners.

About the lack of wood, over time you may convince yourself that it is fine. I had a 2GS
and thought it had more wood than the 3GS. I refused to buy the 3GS. Not enough
wood, does not look luxurious, etc. I folded.
Old 02-01-06, 07:33 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

I hope some new pics pop up soon i wanna see some different colors and some more pics of the interior and see if they make one with a regular moonroof.

Quick Reply: 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)