ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-06, 07:46 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hope there's more wood that we haven't seen yet. The 4ES brochures have been all about the presence of lustrous wood inside the cabin...one line even goes 'there's even wood trim around the instrument panel...a reminder you're always surrounded by luxury." I'd hate to have the 5ES take a step back on this.

Admittedly, a fewer piece instrument panel has less gaps and places to rattle...hopefully the wood is elsewhere or optional or something.
Old 02-01-06, 08:10 PM
dunfitz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let us not forget the vision of the es350-lexus will sell these like popcorn-it will receive all the acolades and when 6es comes lexus will have the whole luxury segment locked-just my professional opinion
Old 02-01-06, 11:31 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
For those that feel the camry is FUGLY....rememebr u are looking at online pictrures....let me show u the car from an actual autoshow i went to and then u judge yourself how it looks. Here it is in a dark gray/flint color.
The Camry is starting to look better to me now that it's in a different colour.....perhaps that will help change my mind for the new ES as well.

I wonder if any new Avalon owners are a bit peeved because the V6 Camry has a 6 speed auto......the Avalon is only 5 speed! Although I'm guessing that will change next year.
Old 02-02-06, 02:57 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dunfitz
let us not forget the vision of the es350-lexus will sell these like popcorn-it will receive all the acolades and when 6es comes lexus will have the whole luxury segment locked-just my professional opinion
Welcome to the board, I agree...if the current pattern holds, this may very likely come true.
Old 02-02-06, 05:15 AM
hottness
Rookie

I love the hype this car is getting - it's almost unreal.
Ah well, as long is it looks better than the last gen I'll be happy!
Old 02-02-06, 05:46 AM
halfpast3
Driver School Candidate

Yeah me too. Once the ES 350 is selling Lexus will have the market cornered in my opinion. The new ES should steal some sales from the TL, G35 & M35, CTS, C-Class, and 3 series. Some will aways say the Germans are better driving cars and that is mostly true, but they have some SERIOUS quality issues. I love that Lexi give that teutonic thump when you close the doors or trunk. The Germans make that cheap tinny sound in their "near luxury" segment. 275 HP should ensure the ES will be at least competive with the rest of the gang now. I wish AWD or RWD was available with a 6 speed to boot. Oh well maybe the next one will be RWD being it will be independent from the Camry at last.
Old 02-02-06, 06:06 AM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by enigma354
I hope there's more wood that we haven't seen yet. The 4ES brochures have been all about the presence of lustrous wood inside the cabin...one line even goes 'there's even wood trim around the instrument panel...a reminder you're always surrounded by luxury." I'd hate to have the 5ES take a step back on this.

Admittedly, a fewer piece instrument panel has less gaps and places to rattle...hopefully the wood is elsewhere or optional or something.
Who needs wood? Wood is ghetto

Seriously though, my GS was in the shop for 4 days for rattle problems. Just
because there is no wood does not mean it will not rattle. On the bright
side, early 3GS owners are guinea pigs with this whole L-finesse setup and the
LS and ES should not suffer from the same issues. I hope.

I do agree with your point that if you are sitting on the passenger side of my
car the car looks very austere, kind of empty
Old 02-02-06, 06:17 AM
halfpast3
Driver School Candidate

I guess it's something we're going to have to get used to. I like the new GS interior so I can get used to the new ES as well. If they added ambient lighting like the new S-Class that would be really cool.
Old 02-02-06, 07:59 AM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusfreak
The Camry is starting to look better to me now that it's in a different colour.....perhaps that will help change my mind for the new ES as well.

I wonder if any new Avalon owners are a bit peeved because the V6 Camry has a 6 speed auto......the Avalon is only 5 speed! Although I'm guessing that will change next year.
Considering the age of most Avalon owners, it's highly doubtful many of them even know how many speed their transmissions are. I think they'll be OK.
Old 02-02-06, 08:41 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb Hmm

Originally Posted by dunfitz
Sales are close enuf that I can see the ES outselling the TL but topping the 3-series is more of a challege - even tho I would take an IS anyday over it.

I for one am not a fan of wood inside cars - I wish they all had the option of wood or aluminum trim. Or @ least the black wood w/ black leather. Sexy.
Old 02-02-06, 09:52 AM
chiawei
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by halfpast3
Yeah me too. Once the ES 350 is selling Lexus will have the market cornered in my opinion. The new ES should steal some sales from the TL, G35 & M35, CTS, C-Class, and 3 series. Some will aways say the Germans are better driving cars and that is mostly true, but they have some SERIOUS quality issues. I love that Lexi give that teutonic thump when you close the doors or trunk. The Germans make that cheap tinny sound in their "near luxury" segment. 275 HP should ensure the ES will be at least competive with the rest of the gang now. I wish AWD or RWD was available with a 6 speed to boot. Oh well maybe the next one will be RWD being it will be independent from the Camry at last.
I seriously doubted that it will take sales away from 3 series. ES is probably not on the 3 series shopper's list to begin with. IS although selling good has not dented 3 series sales at all despite aiming at same customer profile.

The ES will appeal to a different crowd.

As far as german quality issues, it is way blown out of proportion in this forum.
Old 02-02-06, 10:25 AM
sk72
Pole Position

Totally Agree!!! But I still prefer the 06 ES....
Old 02-02-06, 12:00 PM
halfpast3
Driver School Candidate

You're probably right about stealing sales from the 3. I'm a little excited about the new ES, that's all. I will say that with 275 BHP the ES should run with a 330is no problem. I think the new IS is definitely taking sales from the 3 at least around here in Philly it is. I have to disagree with you about problems with the German cars. They're great drivers cars with regards to performance, but they have serious electrical/mechanical problems and are nowhere near reliable as any Lexus, hell even Cadillac. I'm so tired or auto journalists praising the German cars and never really giving props to Lexus, Cadillac, and others for beating them in performance metrics and be more reliable to boot.
Old 02-02-06, 12:34 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

I wonder if there will be a hybrid ES?
Old 02-02-06, 12:51 PM
halfpast3
Driver School Candidate

SK72 you have a Black Diamond? That is a wicked design scheme. Did you get the black wood and black or ash leather? I wish I had waited for that car. I've got a pearl white with ash and birds eye maple.

Quick Reply: 2007 Es 350 (hi-res pics begin on pg. 27)