ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Change In Launch Date?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-06, 09:30 AM
CactusMatt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change In Launch Date?

I was scheduled to come see the ES350 today and was told by a local dealer that the launch date was pushed back for some reason. He wasn't sure why and said it was for the entire country. Can anyone follow up on this and find out what it is? Or even find out if it's a fact?
Old 04-20-06, 10:27 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm going to a "Launch Party" tonight with my dealer. The cars will start selling tomorrow.

I haven't heard if Lexus decided to push the date, but I think it's a little too late to push it back now. Cars are already showing at dealerships today, but no test drives or sales yet.
Old 04-20-06, 12:01 PM
dp5
Driver

I spoke with a dealer in TX earlier today and was told that the release date for the car has been postponed all across the country. He said that he did not know why and the GM of the dealership has called Lexus corporate to see what he can learn. He did not know when the car would be released. He was hopeful that it would be next week.
Old 04-21-06, 05:27 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default We should get a "show" car today...

and we are expecting our first shipment May 5th. They are processing the first boatloads at the Eastern region port facility in Newark.

Rock
Old 04-21-06, 08:30 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I went to Lexus last night for the "Launch Party" (and to get my oil changed) and it was delayed a week. I guess the launch date has been moved and the receptionist stated that they may "re-launch" next Friday.
Old 04-21-06, 09:37 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My salesman confirms the delay, but did not offer a date. This is a good thing because it gives me more time to attempt to sell my car.
Old 04-21-06, 11:09 AM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

Hello All im new to the site. You have great information here! I wanted to comment on the fact that I am on the waiting list for the ES350 and i have been told from lexus the reason the cars have not hit the showrooms today as planned is becasue they are holding back to ensure all 100% quality checks have been done to ensure perfection in every vehicle.

thanks
Old 04-21-06, 11:15 AM
CactusMatt
Driver School Candidate

I was told by a local dealer "The launch was only moved so all dealership would get the vehicles at the same time logistics with trucking."

So who knows.
Old 04-22-06, 09:03 AM
Lexus_girl
Pole Position

I heard that Lexus has officially pushed the launch date forward to make sure all initial cars are fully inspected for any flaws before being delivered to the dealerships. The cars are at the port and being inspected now.
Old 04-23-06, 07:29 AM
ariana8
Driver School Candidate

Another thread discussed a recall of other models for seatbelt issues - preventative not after any accidents.

Now the ES350 is being held back for further inspections - after the presumably thorough testing and inspections that had already been built into the process.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the two events were related.
Old 04-23-06, 02:18 PM
stanes350
Driver School Candidate

Default ES 350 already shipped

Went to Lexus on April 21st to see if they had my car, which I ordered on February 11th. They did not have any of the ES 350 in the showroom. But they said my car was already in Hawaii and was in customs. It has to come out of customs and they have to prep it and I should have it in a couple of weeks. It takes another week for the ships to reach the Mainland. So I think the May launch date is a reasonable assumption.
Old 04-27-06, 02:09 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JM Lexus
I heard that Lexus has officially pushed the launch date forward to make sure all initial cars are fully inspected for any flaws before being delivered to the dealerships. The cars are at the port and being inspected now.
Hmm - I saw a note on the CL car talk forum about a fault in the 6 speed automatic transmission in the new 07 Camry - they think about 1/2 % of the vehicles have a defect that will cause some of the gears to slip during the first 500 miles. They have a simple fix if that happens.

If this is the same transmission, I wonder if they held the vehicles at port to check them and maybe apply the fix as a prevention.
Old 04-30-06, 07:16 PM
stanes350
Driver School Candidate

Default No problems

Just took delivery of my silver ES350 on Saturday. This was the first day my dealership started to release the cars. They had about 40 cars come in and they were selling like hotcakes. The car is a little bigger in person than in the pictures. The darker colors make the car look just right. Black is beautiful. Unfortunately, I've owned black cars before and don't care to go through that experience again. You become a slave to the car, cleaning and waxing constantly. The car is very responsive with no tranny problems whatsoever. The car will accelerate, quietly, on demand. The steering could be a little tighter, but I'm used to driving a Porsche 928S, so it will probably be just fine to most drivers. There was plenty of room in the front and back, and plenty of room in the trunk. But me and my daughter are only 5'9" tall. So with the front seat not pushed all the way back, it is very roomy for the back passengers. Took the car out and got many looks, from even BMWS and Mercedes drivers. Was at a restaraunt and a couple of passengers from an Infinity tried to go to my car instead. The Bluetooth works flawlessly. The stereo does require some adjusting to bring out it's full potential. The car is very thoughtful, it will warn you if you left your keys in the car or trunk. The ride is quiet and positive and extremely comfortable. I am quite pleased with the quality of build and thoughtfulness put into this car.
Old 04-30-06, 07:43 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulations!!! Hope you keep enjoying your purchase!
Old 12-04-06, 07:51 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

I found this tacked away and thought it would be amuzing to go back in time to the start of the Transmission Issue.

Quick Reply: Change In Launch Date?