ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Purchased First ES350 in Nashville

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-06, 09:51 PM
tnfan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchased First ES350 in Nashville

Purchased the first ES350 in Nashville. My wife arrived at the dealer just as the truck arrived at 5PM with the first delivery. Closed the deal by 7PM. I am stoked! Color is Tungsten Pearl with light gray interior. Includes Premium Package, Nav, HID Headlamps w/AFS, Power Rear Sunshade, Heated/Ventilated Front Seats. Total sticker price including Delivery, Processing, and Hndling Fees was $40,189. Love the car. Only thing I really miss is the rain sensitive wipers. Had these on my Bimmer and they were very handy. Oh well, can't have everything. My first Lexus. Very quiet ride. Roomy backseat. Comfortable and looks awesome both inside and out.
Old 04-25-06, 09:52 PM
tnfan
Rookie

Default Should be First ES350 in Nashville. Guess

you can tell I am excited!
Old 04-25-06, 09:57 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Congrats!! I thought the Premium Package included the Rain Sensing Wipers??

Time for some pics man!!!
Old 04-25-06, 09:59 PM
carenthus
Driver

Congratulation on your new car purchase. The new ES350 is very good looking. I could see that you are really excited. You spelled the word "first" wrong. I thought that was funny. Hope you don't take it personal.
Old 04-25-06, 10:01 PM
tnfan
Rookie

Premium Plus has the rain sensitive wipers. Didn't want to wait until the next shipment to see if they had one with the Premium Plus option. Can live without them. The configuration on my car was a little strange. Had the Premium package and then the rest was add on options. Not sure why they didn't just do the Premium Plus with Nav.

Totalled my 2000 BMW 740il 3 weeks ago and I was ready to get some new wheels! Will post pictures later.
Old 04-25-06, 10:09 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

so your ES wasnt fully loaded? and its a lil over 40 grand, so the ES could possible reach 45 grand with a single check of the ultra luxury with PCS/ and other things? wow!!! well congrats, i want to trade in the camry for one now
Old 04-25-06, 10:12 PM
tnfan
Rookie

Yes the Ultra will be in the 44-45k range. They have a few scheduled to arrive this week in Nashville. I have all the options I want. I could have waited and got the Ultra but it just wasn't worth it to me. JMHO.
Old 04-25-06, 10:16 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Originally Posted by tnfan
Premium Plus has the rain sensitive wipers. Didn't want to wait until the next shipment to see if they had one with the Premium Plus option. Can live without them. The configuration on my car was a little strange. Had the Premium package and then the rest was add on options. Not sure why they didn't just do the Premium Plus with Nav.

Totalled my 2000 BMW 740il 3 weeks ago and I was ready to get some new wheels! Will post pictures later.
Oh yea thats right. I forgot about the Plus. Anyway congrats though. It seems to have a lot of the most popular options anyway for 40 grand. Not to bad IMO.
Old 04-25-06, 10:18 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Originally Posted by AJL0365
so your ES wasnt fully loaded? and its a lil over 40 grand, so the ES could possible reach 45 grand with a single check of the ultra luxury with PCS/ and other things? wow!!! well congrats, i want to trade in the camry for one now

Yea I just built one on Lexus.com. Ultra Luxury Package with ML/Navi and Park Assist came up to $43,795. Add PCS, thats 45K and change. Roughly the same for an IS350 fully loaded as well.
Old 04-25-06, 11:17 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow that was fast. Congratulations on your purchase and hope you enjoy the ES 350. Oh and don't forget to tell us about it!!
Old 04-26-06, 06:31 PM
mhc0725
Driver

Talking Envy

Ugh... I'm in envy of you first purchasers. Getting a brand new car and probably taking a hit on the price (full sticker). I'm going to wait it out until possibly second or third year to see what they add to it and then get it during December to Remember time...

I price the ES350 and in NJ, the Ultra-Luxury was $10124 extra, so brought my build up to $43,989... wooooooooooffff... Someone posted "PCS" what is that? I didn't see anything else optional except satellite radio and some other minor things.

Happy driving all you fresh off the lot'rs...
Old 04-26-06, 06:59 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tnfan
Total sticker price including Delivery, Processing, and Hndling Fees was $40,189.
Would you mind sharing if you paid sticker price? Did you try to negotiate at all?

I get the feeling these are going to be hot coming off the trucks, but I wish I knew for how long.

BTW, I saw one right off the truck in Tungsten Pearl today. Very Nice. Congrats.
Old 04-26-06, 07:25 PM
tnfan
Rookie

I paid full sticker price. Tried to get them down but demand is too high right now. They said the most they ever give on an ES is $500 discount. Seems to be a lot of interest in this car. Salesman said he was swamped with calls Saturday wanting to know if they had come in. This is the first new car I have purchased in years. So wasn't real thrilled about paying full sticker. Got to say though I really enjoy the car. The softer steering is going to take some getting used to after driving a BMW for the last 4 years. Good luck on your search!
Old 04-27-06, 04:21 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! That's got to be quite a change from a 740! I got behind one last night on the interstate.

Did you at least get the $500 discount? Mine said that would be all they would come off sticker....and that was only because I was a previous customer.
Old 04-27-06, 06:48 AM
tnfan
Rookie

No discount. Salesman said that right now they would not come off any on these.

Yes, a big change from the 740. My BMW was totalled by someone who ran a red light. I do not like the new BMW's with the Idrive so I decided to look elsewhere. Getting close to retirement and wanted a car that was reliable. So went with the Lexus. Definitely no regrets!

Only about 200 miles on the car but can say it is very enjoyable. Very responsive engine with a lot of power. Was suprised at the pep this car has. Will update after I get a few more miles on it.

Quick Reply: Purchased First ES350 in Nashville