ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Pic Of The Es 350 (real pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-06, 07:44 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pic Of The Es 350 (real pics)

Hey guys long time huh so whats been going on/ i was thinking on buying the new Es350 i took some pics enjoy

Last edited by MRLEXUS; 04-27-06 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-27-06, 08:11 PM
qliu34
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the pictures. Any pictures with Nav?
Old 04-27-06, 08:13 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

naw this was the only one and i didn't like it
Old 04-27-06, 08:34 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

i drove next to a black ES350 today, i was suprised how good it look. personally, i think it looks 10x better that the last gen. it's the first time (if i were in the market for a new car) i would consider an ES.
Old 04-27-06, 08:37 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MRLEXUS
naw this was the only one and i didn't like it

Just curious, what didn't you like about it?
Old 04-27-06, 09:24 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

ahhh...nice. Loosk good in white too(thought not as good as the darker colors IMO).

And its next to an IS. You can definitely see the differences in design execusion. The ES is very smooth and luxurious looking, and the IS is wide low, and very agressive. Two totally different cars. I love them both.

Great job Lexus.
Old 04-28-06, 09:09 AM
Agni88
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too saw it at the local dealer and I too was not too impressed with it. They made the new ES waay too fat, it looked like it needed some lipo. And the interior center console the grey area in the pic was really really cheap looking and cheap feel when you touch it. Also the I did not like the front view of the car at all. And the seat vent/heat buttons are hard to reach due to the handrest.

The wood is another problem, it seems as if Lexus didnt want to put too much wood, the center console behind the gear shift, the wood suddenly teeters off and it looks fugly, like the little door they had inthe center console is only partly wood, and part that ugly-cheap grey plastic. Saving trees eh toyota?

Oh and the headlights are NOT Bi-Xenon, when i flashed the highbeams the inner most halogen lights came on.

Overall the car just looks bloated.

Somethings I did like though was that it was roomy and the seats were REALLY comfy.
Old 04-28-06, 05:24 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default It is way better than the 4th gen....

Originally Posted by Agni88
I too saw it at the local dealer and I too was not too impressed with it. They made the new ES waay too fat, it looked like it needed some lipo. And the interior center console the grey area in the pic was really really cheap looking and cheap feel when you touch it. Also the I did not like the front view of the car at all. And the seat vent/heat buttons are hard to reach due to the handrest.

The wood is another problem, it seems as if Lexus didnt want to put too much wood, the center console behind the gear shift, the wood suddenly teeters off and it looks fugly, like the little door they had inthe center console is only partly wood, and part that ugly-cheap grey plastic. Saving trees eh toyota?

Oh and the headlights are NOT Bi-Xenon, when i flashed the highbeams the inner most halogen lights came on.

Somethings I did like though was that it was roomy and the seats were REALLY comfy.
Beauty of course is in the eyes of the beholder...Those lowbeam headlights are not only BiXenon but the halogens high beams light up too, that's how they work together. They also both swivel when you are travelling over 20 MPH in the direction you are turning...happy...The car has a wider track and the only thing that I would change is a larger rim say an18" to match the car's size. The center stack is asymmetric which adds interest as does the wood that tapers towards the driver on the shifter console. It's about style not wood saving...The power is certainly bloated up 50 HP but the mileage is 21/30 MPG. How'd they do that? The leather is buttery soft and the seat extension gives your legs extra support on a long trip to lessen fatigue. It's a luxury ride.... unashamed...excess..

Rock

Last edited by Rockville; 04-29-06 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-28-06, 05:33 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I just sat in one today at my local dealership. First, I think the car is incredibly sharp in terms of the exterior styling. I also found the interior to be well done and luxurious. The one thing that kind of bugged me, though, was the positioning of the center arm rest. It was too far back for my liking and my elbow/forearm was sliding off the front of it. Other than that, I was really impressed.
Old 04-28-06, 05:34 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 163 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockville
Beauty of course is in the eyes of the beholder...Those lowbeam headlights are not only BiXenon but the halogens high beams light up too, that's how they work together. They also both swivel when you are travelling over 20 MPH in the direction you are turning...happy...The car has a wider track and the only thing that I would change is a larger rim say an18" to match the car's size. The center stack is assymetric which adds interest as does the wood that tapers towards the driver on the shifter console. It's about style not wood saving...The power is certainly bloated up 50 HP but the mileage is 21/30 MPG. How'd they do that? The leather is buttery soft and the seat extension gives your legs extra support on a long trip to lessen fatigue. It's a luxury ride.... unashamed...excess..

Rock
Rock has his own show at Lexus of Rockville, so people, tune in at 11 AM every weekday and enjoy :-).
Old 04-28-06, 08:38 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Agni88
They made the new ES waay too fat, it looked like it needed some lipo. And the interior center console the grey area in the pic was really really cheap looking and cheap feel when you touch it.

I have to agree that the ES seems too round, especially when you compare it to the new IS and GS. When my family first looked at it, we noted that some of the lighter exterior colors (especially the ones that do not have the panoramic glass roof) made the car look bulbous. Darker colors (like Smoky Granite Mica) made the car look leaner and more aggressive. It really depends on the characteristic of the color as well as the "eye of the beholder."

As for the console, the non-Nav systems do lack the styling of the ones with the Nav system. Without the nav screen, all the buttons on the console are very linear, and contrasts with the rounded top of the center column. I have no problems with the console with the Nav.

I guess people will have to decide for themselves if they like it or not. Lexus did a great job in drastically changing their designs and styles, and it will take a while for the public to determine if they like it, love it, or hate it.
Old 04-28-06, 09:29 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The more I see the new ES (in pics, not yet in person), the more I like it. However, I'm still mixed about it as it looks too angular from some directions.

I think though that Lexus made a conscious decision to invest in more aggressive flairs and coupe-like proportions with the GS and IS sedans. The LS gets its own version of these cues, but for a large vehicle with 'top-of-the-line' aspirations.

The ES however is not beholden to the more reserved, top category, or to the aggressive, space-limited sporty category. It can do its own thing, yet match with the rest of the line. And I think it has done so seemingly well.
Old 04-29-06, 06:18 AM
dp5
Driver

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I have to agree that the ES seems too round, especially when you compare it to the new IS and GS. When my family first looked at it, we noted that some of the lighter exterior colors (especially the ones that do not have the panoramic glass roof) made the car look bulbous. Darker colors (like Smoky Granite Mica) made the car look leaner and more aggressive. It really depends on the characteristic of the color as well as the "eye of the beholder."
The appearance of the car is certainly subjective. That's why they make so many different models.

I saw the ES in person and thought it was a beautiful application of the L-Finesse styling but translated onto a more conservative sedan. The IS is nice but it is a little too angular and "insect-like" for my taste. The ES is also beautiful but resembles a surfacing whale with the rounded back pillars. I think that the ES looks at least as nice as these cars for those of us who prefer sedans.
Old 04-29-06, 10:37 AM
Enclenta
Rookie

Very nice pictures. I love vehicles in white.

I'm still not convinced about the interior... it looks a little boring.
However, I love the new exterior look.

Thanks for sharing these pics.