ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-06, 09:32 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh......Thanks
Old 08-21-06, 06:03 PM
bruin555
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up car 8/19/06

Smokey Granite Mica/Black Interior - Premium Plus Package

Had to settle on the Premium package vs. Ultra Luxury b/c the dealer in So Cal here already took 6 weeks to get my car and it was going to take even longer to get the UL. :-( Nevertheless, I love my ES with the only change I will need to make is to swap the 17" wheels (alloy just does nothing for this car) to 18" chromes. Otherwise ... SWEET!!!
Old 08-22-06, 02:56 PM
tkells
Driver School Candidate

Hello all, my wife and I enjoy this site! Really helpfull to the Newbie Lexus owner. We picked ours in June, SMG, Grey interior, everything except: XM, Nav. P/A, panaramic view. Thanks for all the posts!
Old 08-24-06, 06:40 PM
robynl
Driver School Candidate

Just got it today!
Ruby/Cashmere UL package

Use to drive 1997 Mercedes E320.
Old 08-24-06, 06:51 PM
CaBlonde
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am so happy for you Robynl. That was a long time coming. I remember a few months back, you and I were going through all that research and turmoil of what color and package to get in the other forum.

Good choice. Enjoy!
Old 08-25-06, 01:49 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Congrats on your purchase, especially in that color! I know my wife would have been a bit happier with our purchase had I bought our ES in Ruby Red (her choice) instead of SGM (my choice)...not that I wouldn't have been happy with Ruby Red, but the dealership had the exact package I wanted in stock in SGM...and it would have been a fairly long wait if I had wanted the same package in Ruby Red...so SGM it was!
Old 08-25-06, 06:06 PM
estreefidy
Driver School Candidate

Default Coming Soon!

My wife and I recently ordered:

Black/Black
Premium Plus
Chrome Wheels
Spoiler
Tint

As of right now, I believe it is on a cruise somewhere in the Pacific enjoying its last few days of bachelorhood! We are both VERY excited and cannot wait for it to make port in Florida. It is supposed to arrive in Jacksonville sometime around 8/29 and will arrive in the dealership sometime around 9/4. We get it soon thereafter!

Black/Black seems to be a hard to find combo down here in South Florida (maybe because of the heat???). Anyway, we love the look and besides, I am willing to suffocate in the heat if I look cool doing it...lol. Regardless, I am convinced that the car looks really good in virtually any color combo. It is all about personal taste!

We are looking forward to joining the ranks of all you lucky folks who are already sportin' round town in your awesome ES350's! I will post pics once we finally get the car.

BTW... Great Forum! I am glad to be a part of it!

Last edited by estreefidy; 08-25-06 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-26-06, 09:30 AM
wireguy1
Driver School Candidate

Cool Congrats Estreefidy

Congratulations on your decision. You will not regret it. Sounds like you will not have to wait very long for your car to arrive. I didn't know that Jacksonville was an entry port for this Lexus. I thought they all came thru the west coast.

Neverhteless, I hope you enjoy your new lexus. Please post pictures.

MSC

Ruby red with grey interior
Premium Plus with Nav
etc.
Old 08-26-06, 10:56 AM
Lyn06
Driver School Candidate

estreefidy,
I have the onyx black with black interior. I live in the Southern Calif. desert where temps in the summer are anywhere between 110 to 120 degrees with a blazing sun. It takes no time at all to cool the car off with the AC set to the LO temp setting with the fan on max. I actually get too cold and have to turn the fan down. The seats don't burn my legs and cool down fairly quickly when using the ventilated seat feature. I have a black with tan leather 2001 Toyota Avalon that you can barely sit in after being out in the sun. The seats are too hot to sit on and the AC takes forever to cool the car. My husband says it is because the seats on the ES are perforated leather and the Toyota's are not.

2007 ES 350
Purchased May 1
Black/Black UL
Sirius
Old 08-26-06, 12:00 PM
estreefidy
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Wireguy1 and Lyn06! We really are excited to get it. Our dealer said that Jacksonville is the port for the entire "Southeast Region." Apparently, the boats cross the Panama Canal? Plane, train, automobile... whatever it takes, just hurry up and get it here!

Regarding the heat - our temps certainly don't get that hot in South Florida Lyn06, so your experience is good to hear. One thing we noticed though when we were at the dealer, we put our hands on a white car vs. a black car (exterior) and WOW! What a difference! The white paint certainly reflects the heat whereas the black soaks it all in! There had to be at least a 20 degree difference in temp. I am glad that the interior is a different story!
Old 08-29-06, 03:12 PM
estreefidy
Driver School Candidate

OK... Now we are bumming... It appears that Hurricane/Tropical Storm Ernesto has "other" plans regarding the arrival and delivery of our new ES350. The car was supposed to arrive in port today, but when I called the dealer to confirm the arrival of our car, I was told that the report shows that the car is still "in transit." I can only assume that this is due to the inclement weather produced by the storm, Ernesto.

The only solace here is that I keep thinking that "good things come to those who wait!"

Here's hopin'!
Old 08-31-06, 10:36 PM
hartwlm
Driver School Candidate

Just bought an ES 350 that's due to ship to us by next Tuesday.

Golden Almond Metallic/Cashmere
Premium Package+rear airbags+bluetooth+upgraded steering wheel+ preferred accessories

We live in mid-West but ended up buying out of Florida via fleetrates.com.

My previous car was 2001 Chrysler 300M, which I really loved... ended up selling to my mom when she totaled hers in March.

Anxious for it to arrive... the Florida dealer had it under roof because of Ernesto tropical storm in the area.
Old 09-01-06, 01:14 PM
currie0522
Driver School Candidate

2007 ES 350

Smokey Granite Mica/ Black Interior

Premium Package
Heated/Cooled Seats
Wood / Leather option
Bluetooth
XM Radio

Picked up July 20
Old 09-01-06, 01:35 PM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hartwlm
Just bought an ES 350 that's due to ship to us by next Tuesday.

Golden Almond Metallic/Cashmere
Premium Package+rear airbags+bluetooth+upgraded steering wheel+ preferred accessories

Anxious for it to arrive... the Florida dealer had it under roof because of Ernesto tropical storm in the area.
Welcome, hartwlm. It's good to see another Golden Almond Metallic owner. We seem to be a rare breed.

Check out your twin here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=45
Old 09-05-06, 09:05 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

2007 ES350 "The Black Pearl" she be

Build Date: 07/06

Smoky Granite Mica / Black Interior

Ultra Luxury with Park Assist, XM and 7-Year Warranty

My wife and myself have been on a quest since June looking for two Lexus cars. She wanted a small car and for myself a larger car for travel. On Aug. 4, 2006 we found both at one dealer. The IS350 Break Water Blue with 18" wheel package with every thing for her and the SGM UL for myself. The best of both worlds. The UL is fantasic in many ways. The car is very quite inside and the wood looks outstandish with the black interior and of course I'm very much into NAV and all the other options. I have received many positive comments on the color either day or night and the lines of the car. So now when we want to go on a day trip to the mountains it's the IS and for longer trips it's the ES. These are our first Lexus cars and our first experience with Lexus people always wanting to make you feel at home and oh yes the amenity offered at the service center "Wow". It's Lexus for now on.

My last car was a 98 Camery LE. Best car, not one problem from the first day with 3 miles on it.

1. ES350 UL became a buyback, 2 1/2 months to complete process 2/27/07.
2. Replacement ES350 UL trade-In after 4 weeks 3/26/07.
3. Current 07 GS350.

Picture of ES350 car #1 at posts 50,51
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=245427&page=4
Picture of ES350 car #2
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=245427&page=6
Picture of GS350 car #3 at posts 60,61
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=272602&page=4

Also my "Share your ES350 Experience!!!" story at
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=274304

Last edited by osokuko; 06-10-07 at 07:13 PM. Reason: update

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE