ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-08, 07:03 AM
MickeyNoLo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Piston Slapping Luxury!

Q:
Just as we have done for the new GS and IS, please sign in if you picked up a 350: 2007 Dealer Demo 10K mi Gold Preferred Pckage Premium Package
Color exterior/interior: gold/beige
Options: Manufacturer mandatory option cold engine piston slap
Any pics you might have.: looks like all gold ES 350's-so far/only had it 2 mo.
What did you drive previously.: (1) LS400 (1) Rx300 2 WD (1) RX 300 AWD

Great car except build quality is not up to what my LS was, nor even the RX...got it for the great balance of acceleration plus great HWY MPG with enough room and flash; HATE the stock S8 Michelins, noisiest damned tires compared to the MXV4's on my LS or the Goodyear Comfort Treads on my RX's; PLUS did not know about the cool engine (not even COLD) piston slap which first dealer service and later Lexus Customer Service all expect me to accept is "normal". Will not "explain" why (based on the Forums) some of us have noisy undersized pistons and some do not-business partner has one and his does not do this. So apparently there is no recourse and I am told "Lexus considers this normal operating condition for this vehicle. [insert irate buyer response]. Can we offer you a free oil change?".

First time ever dissatisfied with a Lexus after 10 years. Pondering whether to ask lawyer to pursue Florida Lemon Law complaints. Until it fully heats up it sounds like my old Caddie Eldorado did just before it threw a rod!
Old 03-28-08, 07:20 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish you read this forum before your purchase. Everything you stated has been discussed. Tranny flare, cold engine piston slap, rattles, tires, poor quality, you name it.

Good Luck!
Old 03-28-08, 05:14 PM
jgtile
Driver

MickeyNoLo, sorry to hear about your issues! Some of us here have had minor issues but nothing to your extent. You pay for a Lexus, you deserve a quality car....go get em!!!
Old 03-29-08, 02:41 PM
SXYLEXUS
Driver School Candidate

2008 Just signed on it three days ago, LOVE IT!

Smokey Granite, black interior
Added 20" Verde 5ive rims but they are on order-i'll post a pick once installed

Previously I drove an '05 Chrysler 300 Limited-wow what a difference in ride.
Old 03-29-08, 02:53 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by SXYLEXUS
2008 Just signed on it three days ago, LOVE IT!

Smokey Granite, black interior
Added 20" Verde 5ive rims but they are on order-i'll post a pick once installed

Previously I drove an '05 Chrysler 300 Limited-wow what a difference in ride.
Congrats on the new car (nice color btw). Three weeks short of 2 years of ownership here, and I'm still enjoying the car.
Old 03-29-08, 02:58 PM
SXYLEXUS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! I'm newly inlove (lol). I had a choice of black, silver or smokey granite and there is really no contest.
Old 03-29-08, 05:30 PM
jgtile
Driver

Hey, hey, hey SXY, black is the only way to go!!! Ok, ok, smokey granite is ok too! Congrats on the new car. Have had my 08 ES350 UL since Dec, slight issues but I do like the car!!!
Old 03-30-08, 05:44 PM
phokus
Driver School Candidate

We got our first Lexus last Monday (March 24,2008), it is a 2008 ES350

Smoky Granite Mica with light gray interior

Ultra Luxury Package
Navigation/Mark Levinson
Intuitive Parking Assist
Preferred Accessory Package
All Weather Floor Mats

Previous car: 2003 Toyota Matrix XR

Wanted to get the Radar Cruise Control/Pre Collision system, but was told it would have to be a custom ordered car, and would take 6 months.

Didn't realize until it was too late that the car did not have the Rear Spoiler, which I thought was part of the Ultra Luxury packages. Oh well.

The car is great so far, with the exception of the Navigation/DVD limitations while driving, but that is discussed in plenty of other topics on this board

Last edited by phokus; 03-30-08 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Removed a duplicate line
Old 03-30-08, 06:50 PM
jgtile
Driver

Originally Posted by phokus

Wanted to get the Radar Cruise Control/Pre Collision system, but was told it would have to be a custom ordered car, and would take 6 months.

Didn't realize until it was too late that the car did not have the Rear Spoiler, which I thought was part of the Ultra Luxury packages. Oh well.

The car is great so far, with the exception of the Navigation/DVD limitations while driving, but that is discussed in plenty of other topics on this board
Hey phokus, i wanted the radar cruise system also but found out it was $2K more plus reading other posts, there are problems with it so we probably lucked out by not getting it.

I almost had the same issue on the rear spoiler but had email traffic on it so the dealer through it in ($400 option). But you know what, it is such a small spoiler, I don't think you missed anything!

And the nav system...yep, limited when driving. i wish they had a screen that would pop up to let at least the passenger use it while driving!!! Oh well. Congrats on the new car though!
Old 03-30-08, 09:07 PM
thebeaud
Driver School Candidate

After seeing some pictures of the dark color vehicle with the UL package on this site, picked up the new ride last Wednesday:

2008 SGM w/ Black Interior.
Ultra Luxury Package w/ rear spoiler
Accessory Package
LoJack
All Weather Mats

Had to wait about a week for the car to come up from So. Cal, but it was a great experience. With the economy & inventory the way it is, got the car for invoice, which I was happy with...

Replaced: 2004 Acura TL - after owning 2 TL's in a row ('02, '04), I am definitely happy with this car! Not quite as sporty, but I knew that going in....I no longer need to dive into a turn at high speeds! Now I just need to get used to the Lexus NAV with the speed lockouts....

Thanks for all the great info on this board - I'm sure I'll have more questions to come!
Old 03-31-08, 06:32 PM
jgtile
Driver

Congratulations thebeaud!
Old 04-17-08, 05:33 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Default New Guy

Hi guys , I just signed up last week as a potential ES owner and now I are one. I'll post a pix below but I'll give you a little bit of my background. As you can see my nickname is Jag to ES (jagtoes) so you can see I came from the Jaguar side. I have owened 4 Jags in my life (XKE , XJ6 , XJS and X-Type). I have also played in the Corvette sandbox so I've had a broad background on playing with cars. This is my 1st step into Japanese cars and based on all of the stuff out there to read I came down with the ES350 as my choice for a highway cruiser. I just came off of the X-Type and took a bath on a 6 year old car. Paid $38K and sold for $9K. Dealer wanted to give me $6.5K. So this time I wanted to get something that was smooth and handled well. I looked at the Jag XF and although it was a nice car I could not justify the $52K pricetag. Also the ES gave me more value for the $. So I joined the Lexus world and hopefully will enjoy the ride. So I picked up the car today in Ct. and drove it 65 miles home on the expressway. So far a quick snapshot says this is a very good feeling car. Smooth , quite and full of creature features. I got all of the options except the extended moon roof and top line sound system. Color is Ruby Red met. with Ivory interior. Looks great. I put 75K miles on the Jag and did nothing but change the oil. I'll hope to do the same here. So I'm glad to be abord and hopefully it will be a fun ride. Steve
Old 04-17-08, 05:41 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Sorry here is the pix. It was getting late so I'll get better pix's over the weekend. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc01422.jpg  
Old 04-23-08, 10:58 PM
kboyj
Driver School Candidate

Default Unique ES350

Hello everyone! My name is Jae and I have purchased a 2007 Lexus ES350.

Starfire White Pearl
Factory rear spoiler
Custom prototype 1.2" and 1.5" drop springs
Custom 19" forged grey powder coated wheels
K&N air filter
Old 04-24-08, 05:08 PM
Lexus 1
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Jae!

Hope you will enjoy your ES as much as I have mine.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE