ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-18, 06:48 AM
TagaNegros
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Check Engine & VSC Light - please help!

[QUOTE=tmirza91;10096773]Hello Everyone,

I own a 2007 Lexus ES 350 with over 115,000. This morning the check engine light and check vsc light showed up on the dashboard. I pulled over and googled this on my phone which some user's stated that this might be a gas cap issue and to stop the car and close the gas cap. I did just that but nothing happened. Approximately 4 miles later my car starts to hesitate in running, as it wants to just shut down. It was doing this throughout my ride whenever I come to a complete stop. Lucky for me I was able to make it to work without the car completely stalling at a stop. As soon as I got into the parking lot, I started and re-started my car to see if it will start, which it did.
What I am scared of is that my drive home is about 1.5 hours in which 1 hour is on the freeway. I do not want my car to stop on the freeway......can anyone else help me out on this? What shall i do? What is the issue with the vehicle?

Your response(s) are greatly appreciated. A scan would be most appropriate. A couple of possibilities, 1. The oxygen sensor is clogged or going bad. 2. It may just be as simple as a dirty air filter or its canister is not tightly closed.
Old 02-21-18, 06:37 PM
mds415
Driver School Candidate

2007 ES 350 - Smoky Granite Mica / Gray - Base model

Purchased last week after my 2004 Camry got t-boned. First Lexus.

Loving it so far. My first road trip - 200 miles each way - starts tomorrow.
Old 03-07-18, 06:07 PM
es350chuck
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Old 03-07-18, 06:10 PM
es350chuck
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by cfr311
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>do you have any more pics of your car with the kit please share>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Posted some pics for you, sorry for the delay in response. Loving every bit of my mods and build, no issues with lowering handles and corners a lot better. Not as soft of a ride as oem, but improved everywhere else. I'm slammed on BC coilovers and 19x9 3 piece wheels.
Old 03-10-18, 12:11 AM
Fjoelli
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello all, I bought a 07 es350 with the ultra luxury package about 2 months ago and other than a couple minor issues I love my first Lexus! It is smokey matalic grey and the previous owner put what I think are is250 rims on it. I have been reading posts on CL since I bought my es350 and I have found great information and answers to many questions on this site . thanks everyone!
Old 03-11-18, 11:58 AM
mnseats
6th Gear

Default new member here in tampa

I just passed 170k miles on my 2007 ES350. I've previously owned 2013 RX350, 1998 LS400, 2011 HS250h, and a 1993 ES300.

The car is so nice I just want to keep it going. I've had it 3 years and have done small fixes just to keep it nice. New shift ****, I replaced the worm steering wheel buttons, had the headlights 'redone'
Old 03-16-18, 12:18 PM
Optimist84
Driver School Candidate

I have an ES 350 that I really enjoy. It has120,000 miles. Have previously owned multiple Camry's.
All have been very reliable.
Old 03-22-18, 05:26 PM
Jakerh22
Driver School Candidate

Just purchased my first Lexus 1 week ago. I absolutely love it! Lots to learn and figure out especially since it didn’t come with an owners manual. Here’s a couple pics of it.
Old 03-23-18, 06:25 AM
hisstojay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats !!!!! Enjoy your ES
Old 04-16-18, 04:48 PM
bhotrum
Driver School Candidate

Default New Owner

Bought a 2009 ES350 a couple weeks ago, 75000km, dark blue with tan interior. I live north of Toronto and drive about 50000km a year, all highway. I have been driving 98-99 Tercels for the past 15 years...getting 400k to 520k...simply amazing cars!!
That being said, driving this Lexus, albeit 10 years old is nothing less than luxury, hardly any road noise, I rarely hear or feel the transmission shift, and lots of power.
Old 04-16-18, 07:24 PM
Crazybrit
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi folks I’m Martin from Kokomo indiana I got my car about 2 weeks ago silver es350 with nav gen 5 2007 model and gray interior 120000 miles on it drives amazing compared to the Honda Accord 2003 ex v6 I had before.its been an interesting two weeks I’ve learned a lot about my car from this great site I payed only $7300 for the car needing minor work I got done over the course of a couple of days as it’s so easy to work on front brakes sway bar links Mobil one oil ect I’ve driven 2000 miles since absolutely love this car
Old 05-09-18, 08:34 PM
lipappy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by es350chuck
Posted some pics for you, sorry for the delay in response. Loving every bit of my mods and build, no issues with lowering handles and corners a lot better. Not as soft of a ride as oem, but improved everywhere else. I'm slammed on BC coilovers and 19x9 3 piece wheels.
Es350chuck, did you get your new bumper from car-act.com seller? I borrowed a picture from his website (I hope he doesn't mind!) and the bumper he's selling looks slightly different. His has the led strip lights. His goes for a little over $1,400 but yours and his are sweet! Was wondering if yours is from the same maker and just an earlier prototype? Would you mind sharing where you got yours and about how much you paid? His comes painted to your car's color and is "plug and play," which I'm assuming means it's ready to be hooked up to everything? The only catch is my 2012 comes with front bumper sensors and I don't think his has that. Here is the pic I borrowed from his website... (hopefully he appreciates the advertising)

car-act.com 's front bumper modification upgrade!
Old 05-10-18, 12:39 AM
lipappy
Driver School Candidate

Greetings! I have been lurking on here since 2012, but decided since have recently done some modifications, it was a pretty good time to introduce myself to the forum. I am the proud owner of a Nebula Gray Pearl 2012 ES 350. I bought my car on April 21, 2012 and even though the 2013's had just arrived, I still decided on getting a 2012 because I wasn't a fan of the new front grille design. While it has grown on me over time, and some of the brand new car models wear it much better in 2018 (the LC and LS 500s !!!) I loathed the 2013 look and preferred the look and style of my 2012.

My warranty expired last year, so this month was a good one to make some modifications. Now, I must say... I do not know a thing about working on cars, but found a place near me that does great customization work for reasonable prices AND the owner of the shop is also the owner of the gas station down the street that does State Inspections, so I did not have to worry about anything not passing inspection. (If you live in the DC metro / Northern VA area and want to know the name of the shop, message me or post a reply). See my profile for a list of the modifications I've done. Here are some pictures of my car...

Kensun LED fog lights

LED floor lighting - Ice Blue

Last edited by lipappy; 05-22-18 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Want to add more pictures
Old 05-11-18, 06:59 AM
JRA2000TL
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Finally Got My ES 350 UL Pkg!

I've been a lurker and commenter on this forum for years, as I liked the 5th Gen ES body style and have wanted one for a long time. I had a cheap, paid-off commuter 09 Corolla that was just so reliable, I was going to drive it until the wheels fell off (had 159k on it). 2 months ago I rear-ended someone at low speed (air bags didn't even blow), and they totaled the car. It was drivable, and the damage didn't appear to be too bad; however, it got into the frame rail. I decided I'd finally search for the ES I wanted. The 6th gen body style is growing on me; however, I wanted something inexpensive without any long-term car loans. I searched for 2 months nationwide, flew 862 miles to Richmond, VA, and drove this one back last weekend. It's a 2011 smoky granite mica / gray with the UL package. 1 owner, no accidents in excellent condition! I love it, especially the ML stereo! It has 77k on it and looks new. The only thing I wish it didn't have were the bump strips / side moldings. I'm not going to pull them off, as I'm afraid there would be paint fade or damage.

The car is smooth as glass, has great power, is comfortable, and looks very classy. Glad I waited and traveled to find a UL car. I would have regretted settling for one without it. They are extremely hard to find, especially in good condition. I tried asking Lexus customer care how many came with UL. I'd be willing to bet 10% or less, as that's the percentage I came up with going through 800+ cars a day on every online auto classifieds outlet. Here is a photo. Came out huge; probably should have resized it.

Old 05-14-18, 05:52 AM
hisstojay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lipappy
Greetings! I have been lurking on here since 2012, but decided since have recently done some modifications, it was a pretty good time to introduce myself to the forum. I am the proud owner of a Nebula Gray Pearl 2012 ES 350. I bought my car on April 21, 2012 and even though the 2013's had just arrived, I still decided on getting a 2012 because I wasn't a fan of the new front grille design. While it has grown on me over time, and some of the brand new car models wear it much better in 2018 (the LC and LS 500s !!!) I loathed the 2013 look and preferred the look and style of my 2012.

My warranty expired last year, so this month was a good one to make some modifications. Now, I must say... I do not know a thing about working on cars, but found a place near me that does great customization work for reasonable prices AND the owner of the shop is also the owner of the gas station down the street that does State Inspections, so I did not have to worry about anything not passing inspection. (If you live in the DC metro / Northern VA area and want to know the name of the shop, message me or post a reply). See my profile for a list of the modifications I've done. Here are some pictures of my car...

Cute and neat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
lipappy (05-22-18)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE