ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-18, 11:39 AM
Ottavio
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my new to me 2008 ES350. It is my first Lexus (and my first luxury car), and even though he doesn't read this forum I have to thank my grandpa profusely for helping me find this car and getting such a great deal on it. I picked it up in Utah and drove it home to Phoenix, and it was quite possibly the most relaxing road trip I've taken in my life. I am finding new things to love about this car every day.

Old 05-20-18, 06:38 PM
07ES35O
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help me out please if possible

Originally Posted by es350chuck
Posted some pics for you, sorry for the delay in response. Loving every bit of my mods and build, no issues with lowering handles and corners a lot better. Not as soft of a ride as oem, but improved everywhere else. I'm slammed on BC coilovers and 19x9 3 piece wheels.
I have a 2007 Lexus ES 350 what about a hundred twenty five thousand miles on it I recently changed my CV axles control arms shocks and struts gave it a tune up when I'm driving doing 40mph to 50 mph if I let go of the gas pedal and hit the gas pedal again it's a real bad are the shutter or shake that is coming through the steering wheel and being felt even on the passenger the problem started occurring about a month ago and there's no check engine light on or any codes that come up is anyone else experience these problems what there Lexus please let me know
thanks and have a great day
Old 05-25-18, 07:54 AM
tawm
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2007 ES 350 inherited; some lighting settings questions

Hi Lexus friends, I recently inherited my mothers 2007 ES 350, Gold. Relatively low mileage, but plenty of wear because most driving was just in town. I'm currently trying to figure out some odd lighting settings (I did try RTFM, but I couldn't find any detailed info):
1) There is no audible warning if the headlights/parking lights are left on after exiting and locking the car. They do not appear to go off, even after 60 seconds.
2). The interior light for the transmission shift/console turns off as soon as the doors close. This is a problem for my wife, wants to see the transmission shift position.
I searched this forum for "Lighting settings" but found no specific posts as yet. I'm a little concerned about other hidden problems, because 2007 was the first year for this generation ES 350. The only recall done on this car was for the floor mats.

BTW, this is my second Lexus. I bought a 2008 RX 350, which I enjoy very much. But I REALLY dislike the tiger mouth grills on the newest 2017-18 models. This forum support community has been wonderful for that car.

Cheers and hope everyone enjoys the Memorial Day weekend. Thanks Vets!
Old 05-25-18, 02:24 PM
lipappy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tawm
Hi Lexus friends, I recently inherited my mothers 2007 ES 350, Gold. Relatively low mileage, but plenty of wear because most driving was just in town. I'm currently trying to figure out some odd lighting settings (I did try RTFM, but I couldn't find any detailed info):
1) There is no audible warning if the headlights/parking lights are left on after exiting and locking the car. They do not appear to go off, even after 60 seconds.
2). The interior light for the transmission shift/console turns off as soon as the doors close. This is a problem for my wife, wants to see the transmission shift position.
I searched this forum for "Lighting settings" but found no specific posts as yet. I'm a little concerned about other hidden problems, because 2007 was the first year for this generation ES 350. The only recall done on this car was for the floor mats.

BTW, this is my second Lexus. I bought a 2008 RX 350, which I enjoy very much. But I REALLY dislike the tiger mouth grills on the newest 2017-18 models. This forum support community has been wonderful for that car.

Cheers and hope everyone enjoys the Memorial Day weekend. Thanks Vets!
I have a 2012 so I'm not sure if this is going to be too helpful, but in the 2012 there is a setup button that will get you to a screen to adjust light settings. Does yours even have a screen? It's natural for the headlights not to give an audible warning (unless you open the door while the car is running - do they at least do that?) IF the headlights are set to stay on for 10-60 seconds after exiting the car when engine is off, BUT it's not normal for them to never turn off when in AUTO. Does your headlights have an auto setting ? If they do, I think it's a setting issue. If they don't, you may just have to manually turn your headlights on and off. With regard to the center console going out,, that should stay on. My guess is that you have a blown fuse or fuses related to your lighting.
The following users liked this post:
tawm (05-25-18)
Old 05-25-18, 02:29 PM
lipappy
Driver School Candidate

Default To ES350CHUCK!!

Originally Posted by es350chuck
Posted some pics for you, sorry for the delay in response. Loving every bit of my mods and build, no issues with lowering handles and corners a lot better. Not as soft of a ride as oem, but improved everywhere else. I'm slammed on BC coilovers and 19x9 3 piece wheels.
Es350chuck, did you get your new bumper from car-act.com seller? I borrowed a picture from his website (I hope he doesn't mind!) and the bumper he's selling looks slightly different. His has the led strip lights. His goes for a little over $1,400 but yours and his are sweet! Was wondering if yours is from the same maker and just an earlier prototype? Would you mind sharing where you got yours and about how much you paid?

Do you have this, es350chuck from car-act.com?
Old 05-25-18, 03:15 PM
tawm
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lipappy
I have a 2012 so I'm not sure if this is going to be too helpful, but in the 2012 there is a setup button that will get you to a screen to adjust light settings. Does yours even have a screen? It's natural for the headlights not to give an audible warning (unless you open the door while the car is running - do they at least do that?) IF the headlights are set to stay on for 10-60 seconds after exiting the car when engine is off, BUT it's not normal for them to never turn off when in AUTO. Does your headlights have an auto setting ? If they do, I think it's a setting issue. If they don't, you may just have to manually turn your headlights on and off. With regard to the center console going out,, that should stay on. My guess is that you have a blown fuse or fuses related to your lighting.
Thanks for the quick response! I'll have to check again if there is a set-up screen which includes lighting options, but this 2007 touch screen interface seems more limited than my 2008 RX's interface. Perhaps your suggestion of using the Auto setting will do the trick. we were using the manual on settings (parking/headlights) which stayed on even after locking the car and leaving for over 90 seconds. For the center console shift indicators, those come on when entering the car, but the shift indications go dark as soon as the door is closed. That doesn't seem like a blown fuse; more of a timing or setting. I will keep trying.
Old 05-25-18, 04:40 PM
lipappy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tawm
Thanks for the quick response! I'll have to check again if there is a set-up screen which includes lighting options, but this 2007 touch screen interface seems more limited than my 2008 RX's interface. Perhaps your suggestion of using the Auto setting will do the trick. we were using the manual on settings (parking/headlights) which stayed on even after locking the car and leaving for over 90 seconds. For the center console shift indicators, those come on when entering the car, but the shift indications go dark as soon as the door is closed. That doesn't seem like a blown fuse; more of a timing or setting. I will keep trying.
Yes, that makes sense that manual on would stay on because there might be situations when you want them to stay on, but auto should go out after some time. On the inside, what may be happening is certain lights are wired to always stay on (think of one wire for that). Another set are designed to only come on when you open the door but go off when you shut the door (wire 2). The wire (and associated fuse) my still be working for the line that is wired with the other gadgets that come on / off based on the doors,, but the one (with its fuse) wired to the same light meant to stay on with headlights on isn't working or fuse is blown. Interior lighting are redundantly wired based on how many different ways it needs to either be on or off. There could still be a fuse blown and it lights sometimes because the fuse is not based necessarily on the light,, but for the wire powering the light. Does that make sense?
Old 06-06-18, 05:22 AM
CarZact
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up so caring and kind grandpa

You have a very caring and kind grandpa, and the car is also in pretty nice shape.
​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Ottavio
This is my new to me 2008 ES350. It is my first Lexus (and my first luxury car), and even though he doesn't read this forum I have to thank my grandpa profusely for helping me find this car and getting such a great deal on it. I picked it up in Utah and drove it home to Phoenix, and it was quite possibly the most relaxing road trip I've taken in my life. I am finding new things to love about this car every day.

Old 06-23-18, 06:56 AM
BigPapa53
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello, there.

We bought this '07 ES350 in mid-May. It is my wife's daily driver and our family car. We previously owned a 2003 Camry XLE that we loved and I was looking for something similar when I found this. My daughter has named her "Lexy".

Interesting story about how I found him in his car, I was looking on craigslist here in Nashville. The car showed up listed in Memphis. It seemed a bit cheap for what it was and the phone number was a Los Angeles phone number. The plates on the car in the pictures were Ohio plates. I searched the Columbus, Ohio craigslist and sure enough, the car was listed there at a more normal price with more pictures. Ended up driving to Dayton and trailering the car back to Tennessee.

It has 144K on it and it's in great shape. These pictures are from the ad, since I have not taken the time to take pictures of it since we bought it. Not sure if it has the UL package. It has a regular moon roof, not the full panel, but other than that, it seems to have everything available for that model.

Old 07-10-18, 12:18 PM
Split5
Driver School Candidate

I went down to an independent dealer that specializes in late model used cars here in town looking to start my search for a replacement of a 2010 Nissan Murano (CVT Transmission). I could feel that I was going to need a replacement for it soon (150K miles). Anyway I had my heart set on an LS 460 L. I test drove a 2013 and 2015, but still had sticker shock.

Anyway my wife noticed that they had a 2009 ES350, so we requested to test drive it. I couldn't believe that it had navigation, turn sensing headlights, rear-retractable sun-screen, and parking collision avoidance. The only things not optioned was the radar speed control and ML DVD Stereo. When I looked at the mileage I was in disbelief...under 25,000 miles.

So I put it under contract and took it to the dealer across town to have it inspected for fear of water damage. The dealer performed the inspection (no water damage!!), told me that one of the headlights needed to be changed due to condensation inside, and even gave me a printout of ALL the services performed by its sister-location where it was purchased. Turns out that the previous owner purchased and had the vehicle serviced at the same location with regular oil changes (in spite of the super low mileage) and some other small items (like peppermint removal from the carpet on driver's side). I'm pretty certain it was an older owner...even better in my book.

Safe to say that I closed the deal and even got them to replace the headlight for me. So all that happened in April 2018. I have really loved driving the car and cannot believe how much technology was on a 9-year old car.

Well I sweetened the deal by adding a Grom Audio VLINE2 unit to the car. Now the I have Apple CarPlay, Waze, Google Maps, etc. I even had YouTube playing cartoons for the kids in the parking lot while we waited for mom to finish shopping. There are some bugs to be worked out by the developer, but I am pleased so far.

I really hope that I can see 100K, 150K, 200K miles on this car. This is the most excited I have been about a car since my dad bought his LS400 back in the late 90's.
Old 07-19-18, 05:17 PM
TLBlack350
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up 2011 Lexus ES350

Hello, I'm a new member and just started using this forum. I have a black 2011 Lexus ES350 with black leather seats and 150k on it. I think it's the Ultra Premium package because it does not have the panoramic roof or passenger memory seats or the wood grain steering wheel. I just installed a pair of 6000k HIDs today and they look amazing! I changed my DRLs/High beams to LEDs at 6000k recently and I left the fog lights stock. Also, I changed all my interior lights and trunk light to LEDs. My next change would be the side mirror puddle light to LEDs, which is a hassle because I have to take apart the side mirror. I previously drove my father's 2013 Highlander Hybrid and that was also a nice and smooth vehicle I had driven. This ES350 is my first car and I think I am the only young adult that actually like the Lexus ES because many people of my age prefer BMWs or Acuras, specifically the 3-series, the TL or even the MB C-class.

A picture of the interior. My car needs a detail that's for sure.

Here are my new 6000k HIDs installed with OEM fog lights.

Here is another photo with my friend posing in front of my car. Also, the gold Acura TL you see beside my car is my friend's car.
Old 07-23-18, 12:30 AM
Mike777
Driver School Candidate

Default 2012 es-350

Hi all,

Just got my 2012 Lexus ES-350. It's black with Saddle Tan interior, and has 45K on it. It was L-Certified by Kuni Lexus of Portland, OR, and they also put new Michelins on it, replaced the rear brake pads (front ones still have 70% left), and turned the rotors. It gets about 28 mpg on the freeway so far. It runs like a dream. It has navigation.

I could have bought a newer model, but I detest the spindle grille (A.K.A. angry fish mouth), and they started those in the 2013 models, as you know. I was fortunate to find one of the the latest examples, in black, no less (exactly what I wished for), of the 5th generation with its classic, timelessly beautiful design. I also dislike the interior of the later cars--too blingy and busy. The classic design is simple, flowing, and beautiful.

Before this, I had a 1994 Toyota Camry 2-door coupe, 4 cyl., and I put over 320,000 miles on it. Then I had an '02 Camry 4-cyl. and put 172,000 mi. on it. I did most of the maintenance on them, and I will continue to do the same with this Lexus. Thus far I've done minor things like replaced the incandescent back-up lights with Luyed LEDs, washed it, and detailed the interior. I plan to install a Fumoto valve to make my oil changes easier, and I'm going to use Redline 5W-30 oil. I also want to change the transmission fluid over to Redline D6. I plan on doing the drain-refill cycle from the pan several times. On the other hand, I may change my mind and take it to an independent mechanic, provided he's willing to use my ATF. (I'm used to my old Camrys with the ATF dipsticks/filler tubes.)

I'm glad to be a member of this group! Your posts are very informative. Please enjoy the following pictures of my new Lexus.

Best regards,

Mike

Old 10-02-18, 03:53 PM
Screen1
Driver School Candidate

Default Scott 2009 Lexus ES 350

Black Es 350 Fully loaded and tinted on 20s

and congratulations from Club Lexus![/QUOTE]
Old 10-08-18, 11:12 AM
Dixonrod1
Driver School Candidate

Cool Intro

Hello fellow ES owners. I just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. I own a 2008 Obsidian ES 350 with panoramic roof, black leather interior with wood trim, heated and cooled seats and the Mark Livingston stereo system and LED interior lights. It is my pride and joy and I baby it as much as possible. It is my daily driver from April until the end of October and then it is parked during the winter months. I like all the newer versions that have come along since, but this is by far my favorite model year.
Old 10-08-18, 09:01 PM
ellocovg
Advanced

Received 204 Likes on 134 Posts

I’ve been posting for a few weeks but I haven’t officially signed in yet. It’s been a month now I purchased a 2007 ES350 with Navigation. It’s drivetrain feels good and even though it’s really shiny it seems like the previous owner cleaned the snow off of it with a rake and I have a little bit of rusting on the trunk around the plate insert. I went with the first usedbcar I’ve had in a while because I got a company
truck and am not putting much mileage on the ES. I plan on doing tasteful Mods/repairs treating it a little like a toy as I love tinkering with cars.

2007 ES 113K GP
Slight mods/repairs so far
washed and claybar’d the exterior

Using Chemical Guys products cleaned the interior and conditioned the leather.

-New OEM pads/rotors
-Coolant drain and fill OEM
-New Michelin Primacy tires
-Bosch Icon wipers
-K&N drop in filter
-Toyota characoal AC filter
-Super white shifter/ashtray bulb
-Super white outside mirror puddle bulbs
-Super white mirrors/interior bulbs
-Super white hologram “Lexus” door puddle bulbs
-Super white trunk bulb
-2017 Toyota/Lexus Navigation DVD Gen 5 GPS Update
-Amazon wood/perforated wood shifter

On Order

-Amsoil 20K oil/filter
-Rear sway bar bushings
-3X OEM white bulbs to replace the 3 annoying orange bulbs in the foot wells/ glovebox. I wish I knew how to replace the center consoles orange bulb.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE