ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-19, 09:46 PM
Pazoorules
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got an ES350 2009

Hi folks. Just got an ES 350 neatly used 48,000 mileage. Silver colour with black leather seats.
Old 08-03-19, 05:46 AM
Andretbloc
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by danmark
Smokey Granite Mica/ Black Interior

Base model with no navi, but it's awesome.

Previous car is a 2007 RX350 that my daughter now drives.
Before that had a 2003 IS300, but it was too low for me at 6'1". New ISs are probably a different story.

Pleases help me - I am addicted and thinking of adding an LX, GX or LS to the family without giving up the RX or ES!

Lexus forever and always!

Your not the only one I’m thinking about switching my 18 Camry for a used LS or Gx
Old 08-28-19, 12:54 PM
Aquapearl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your ES, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including;

Color or the exterior and interior
Options
Any pictures you might have of your ES
Tell us what you drove previously

and congratulations from Club Lexus!
Thanks for the invite. Ours is not a new Es (we did buy it new in '08) but we were knocked off the forum...prob for non-visitation for too long!)
The car is a daily driver; 189,456 miles; Aquamarine Pearl blue; cream interior; premium package at the time. Wife so loves this color that she refuses to upgrade to a newer model. It has been a great car for us; really comfortable on long trips (start of every winter it goes to FL to avoid the New England winters :-) and we drive it there & back in April. The only problem has been with warping rotors. every 30k to 40k the warping shows up, no matter the quality of replacement rotors.
Previous cars: 2000 Maxima;'87 Maxima; '1985 Niss 300 ZX; '84 Maxima; '80 Honda; '76 Celica; '67 MB 260S;'65 Mustang coup '57 Bel Air conv; '55 Chev conv
Old 08-29-19, 10:08 AM
rhollan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd Lexus: 2008 ES 350

118000 miles, er kilometers!

This is my third Lexus. First one was a 1997 ES 300, totalled when I got rear ended in 2011 by an Econoline 350 going 35 mph while I was stopped to turn into a parking lot. Car saved my life. Second one was a 2004 ES 330. Still have it, but, at 337,000 miles the A/C and power steering are shot. Pity: new timing belt, new front tie rods, new front brakes (calipers, rotors, pads), new tires. Still runs, just not worth feeding $$$ into it any more. This one was an import into the U.S. from Canada. Speedometer plate was changed out to make mph more prominent, but electronic displays are all metric (mileage, distance to empty, odometer, A/C temp., etc.) No biggie from me since I am an import from Canada (became a U.S. citizen in 2016) too. Thing is, the car was priced well at $8k, I offered and paid $7500, and both the dealer and I presumed the electronic displays had been converted over from metric to English, and it had 118000 miles. Driving proved otherwise: I measured an increase of 13 when driving 8 marked miles. Yup: kilometeres. Car doesn't have 118000 miles on it -- it has 73,300! Very clean, checks out, no smokers, no snow driving. A real bargain at that price.

I am one happy camper!

Now, while I don't MIND the metric displays (and can convert in my head, and was expecting them, knowing the car was an import from Canada), I do wonder if it can be changed.

Anyone know?

Last edited by rhollan; 08-29-19 at 10:10 AM. Reason: more info
Old 08-29-19, 01:00 PM
Aquapearl
Driver School Candidate

It is nice to get a positive surprise like that. Catching such a break is a good thing for you.
Congratulations.
Old 09-11-19, 07:50 PM
MDES350
Driver School Candidate

Feb 14th 2019

2007 ES 350

Smokey Granite Mica / Grey Interior
LED headlight
LED Fog Lights
Also have Lexus Projection door lights

Old 09-15-19, 11:53 AM
Corey0327
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello

Hello ladies and gents,

I'm Corey and I have a Tungsten Pearl 2011 Lexus ES 350 premium edition.
I bought this car by accident and I've been in love with it since I purchased it. I had a 2011 Maxima before, but didn't like it much.
I don't have any pictures of my car currently since I'm on my deployment
The following users liked this post:
Andretbloc (09-15-19)
Old 09-15-19, 12:02 PM
Andretbloc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Corey0327
Hello ladies and gents,

I'm Corey and I have a Tungsten Pearl 2011 Lexus ES 350 premium edition.
I bought this car by accident and I've been in love with it since I purchased it. I had a 2011 Maxima before, but didn't like it much.
I don't have any pictures of my car currently since I'm on my deployment
Nice once you drive a Lexus all other cars start to feel inferior
Old 09-17-19, 02:31 PM
danielnas
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

2008 gun metallic with black interior.
wood trim steering wheel, voice activation and rear sunshade.
Old 09-26-19, 01:47 PM
Born2saw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Just haven't gotten around to this thread

Better late than never.

2011 Matador Red Mica. Bought used 3/2017 (replaced my 2002 RX300)

Options:
BM Body Side Moldings
FS Full Size Spare Tire with 17-inch Alloy Wheel
HH Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
HL High Intensity Discharge Headlamps Dual-swivel Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
HN Power Rear Sunshade
NV Navigation System Hard Disk Drive Navigation System with Backup Camera, Lexus Enform with Destination Assist, and eDestination (includes 1-year trial subscription) Lexus Insider, Voice Command, XM NavTraffic, XM NavWeather, and XM Sports & Stocks (includes 90-day trial subscription)
PA Intuitive Parking Assist
WU Wood & Leather Steering Wheel & Shift ****
Z1 Preferred Accessory Package: Cargo Net, Trunk Mat and Wheel Locks
Protective film by the dealer (clear bra).

I use winter tires and I think it handles in bad weather better than my AWD RX did with quality all season tires.

Very quiet, comfortable car that just works. No issues so I have not spent much time here (newest Lexus is a 2002 SC430, no issues either but looking for ideas of things to do so most of the time in that forum).

Last edited by Born2saw; 09-26-19 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-26-19, 01:51 PM
Andretbloc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Born2saw

Better late than never.

2011 Matador Red Mica. Bought used 3/2017 (replaced my 2002 RX300)

Options:
BM Body Side Moldings
FS Full Size Spare Tire with 17-inch Alloy Wheel
HH Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
HL High Intensity Discharge Headlamps Dual-swivel Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
HN Power Rear Sunshade
NV Navigation System Hard Disk Drive Navigation System with Backup Camera, Lexus Enform with Destination Assist, and eDestination (includes 1-year trial subscription) Lexus Insider, Voice Command, XM NavTraffic, XM NavWeather, and XM Sports & Stocks (includes 90-day trial subscription)
PA Intuitive Parking Assist
Protective film by the dealer (clear bra).

I use winter tires and I think it handles in bad weather better than my AWD RX did with quality all season tires.

Very quiet, comfortable car that just works. No issues so I have not spent much time here (newest Lexus is a 2002 SC430, no issues either but looking for ideas of things to do so most of the time in that forum).
WU Wood & Leather Steering Wheel & Shift ****
Z1 Preferred Accessory Package: Cargo Net, Trunk Mat and Wheel Locks
Im think about swapping over to the Lexus chrome wheels
Born2saw (09-26-19)
Old 09-29-19, 09:32 AM
aldwatson
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Luxury Package
Exterior = Eminent White Pearl
Interior = Chateau/Black

homey4uk (12-16-19)
Old 11-05-19, 07:40 PM
jeremy8701
9th Gear

My first lexus 08 es350 I love it .
Old 11-13-19, 03:40 PM
SapphireES
Driver School Candidate

Hiya,

Just got my new baby today and I was pleasantly surprised that she has a moonroof in the backseat------ uhhh I didn't even know that was possible after test driving 4 of these prior to her:

2007 ES 350
Black Sapphire/ Light grey leather interior
Nav
Heated/cooled seats
Mark levinson sound
Rain sensing wipers
Panarama glass roof

Some things that need work:

Parking assist got damaged and now rear sensors just beep- is there any easy way to fix? Or align or something?
Rear shade won't come up- Not so fussed about this
Taillight bulb out- drivers side
Headlight bulb out- drivers side (HID) Think its odd both are out on the drivers side??
Ever so slight squeak fan noise- Can hear when stopped, otherwise car sounds perfect- timing belt? fan?
Middle front speaker alittle fuzzy- I don't think there is an easy way to disconnect it without taking the dash apart

I made sure the oil hose recall repair was taken care of thanks to the Lexus Drivers site (thank god for this forum- read a ton before I purchased), what else should I immediately get done? besides an oil change.
Old 11-23-19, 11:13 PM
baclark
Driver School Candidate

Hi,

I have been researching mid 2000's models for some time. I was driving a 2012 Civic LX - have never been one for anything fancy unless it was fast, but I'm getting older now - and I needed something a little more professional looking for work. I felt like with 170,000 miles on my Civic, I could get something in the 75,000 to even 150,000 mile range as a Lexus that would last me quite a while for not a lot of extra money.

Instead I found something I didn't expect to see and made a change to my thinking and ended up with this car:

It's a 2007 ES 350, Tungsten Metallic exterior (I think, not sure) with a luxury high end package that I includes pretty much everything. I took delivery with 18,033 miles on the odometer. It really feels like driving a new car. Love it so far. I look forward to learning a few things. If anybody super charitable ends up seeing this, can you confirm that this thing has bluetooth, but you cannot play audio over stereo through the bluetooth?... The six-disc CD changer came with some gospel piano music CD's which was an added bonus. They say it was an always garaged grocery getter owned by an older person.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE