ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-19, 03:57 AM
Born2saw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome! Looks like you got a new, old car!

I don’r believe you can stream audio. Options would be to use the auxiliary jack, get a blue tooth cassette to play through your cassette or a blue tooth that plugs into a power outlet and broadcasts to an unused frequency on your FM radio (cheap and easy but poorest sound quality of these options).

Enjoy your lexus!
The following users liked this post:
baclark (12-03-19)
Old 11-24-19, 05:35 AM
eroncone
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BT audio streaming

Originally Posted by baclark
Hi,

I have been researching mid 2000's models for some time. I was driving a 2012 Civic LX - have never been one for anything fancy unless it was fast, but I'm getting older now - and I needed something a little more professional looking for work. I felt like with 170,000 miles on my Civic, I could get something in the 75,000 to even 150,000 mile range as a Lexus that would last me quite a while for not a lot of extra money.

Instead I found something I didn't expect to see and made a change to my thinking and ended up with this car:

It's a 2007 ES 350, Tungsten Metallic exterior (I think, not sure) with a luxury high end package that I includes pretty much everything. I took delivery with 18,033 miles on the odometer. It really feels like driving a new car. Love it so far. I look forward to learning a few things. If anybody super charitable ends up seeing this, can you confirm that this thing has bluetooth, but you cannot play audio over stereo through the bluetooth?... The six-disc CD changer came with some gospel piano music CD's which was an added bonus. They say it was an always garaged grocery getter owned by an older person.
Bluetooth audio streaming is NOT available on the 2007 ES350. There is a wired jack in the center console under the elbow pad to connect any audio device that is the next best solution without investing in new equipment.

If you want to add a little bit of a sport feel you can add a air foil to the rear of trunk lid.

Air foil

I picked one up on ebay pre-paint to my color code. I also put low profile tires and wheels on her that came off a Lexus (GS I believe) that has the rears with a wider footprint.

Rear wheel from a Lexus GS (?).

BF Goodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S 255/40ZR18 99W (rear)

BF Goodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S 225/40ZR18 92W (front)

Last edited by eroncone; 11-24-19 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Left a detail out
baclark (12-03-19)
Old 12-03-19, 10:58 PM
baclark
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Born2saw
Welcome! Looks like you got a new, old car!

I don’r believe you can stream audio. Options would be to use the auxiliary jack, get a blue tooth cassette to play through your cassette or a blue tooth that plugs into a power outlet and broadcasts to an unused frequency on your FM radio (cheap and easy but poorest sound quality of these options).

Enjoy your lexus!
Yassir. thanks man. Enjoying the new ride immensely. I've ordered a bluetooth system to have installed and can't wait to have that all working. Now I'm going to be looking around the forums to see what people are doing for mounts. Don't wanna block up the air vents.

Originally Posted by eroncone
If you want to add a little bit of a sport feel you can add a air foil to the rear of trunk lid.

I picked one up on ebay pre-paint to my color code. I also put low profile tires and wheels on her that came off a Lexus (GS I believe) that has the rears with a wider footprint.
Thanks for replying. That looks really nice actually - Air foil. I'll have to consider that although I think it looks super clean as is. I feel as though this model stacks up really well with newer cars out there. The tires look good too but I'll probably go with the most economical.
eroncone (12-04-19)
Old 12-16-19, 05:39 PM
homey4uk
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all. I am fairly certain I was a Club Lexus member years ago but haven’t been on the site in quite awhile. In the family we have a 2014 ES350, silver with gray guts, premium package (I think that’s what they call it now). Also my son drives a 2005 ES350 (or 330?) in the awful cranberry color with tan leather and one daughter has a 2010 RX350 white with tan interior. I worked for our local Lexus dealer the first 7 years it was open, from 1990-97. I was Master Certified as a Service Consultant and also handled literally every other department except sales and finance. When we opened we had 2 salesmen, one of whom was also the F&I guy, a receptionist, a General Manager and me. I had one valet and one driver to help with pick up and delivery and I borrowed 2 Lexus trained techs from out Toyota shop and a couple other guys for simple maintenance issues. Now they have 4 or 5 service consultants and I don’t know how many of the other positions. We were #1 in the nation every year I was eligible (so 6 out of 7) in customer satisfaction, sales satisfaction and service satisfaction. Which might sound easy when you are small and just starting but one bad survey can kill you if you are only receiving 10 sometimes 20 a month and the big dealers have thousands to offset a bad one. I still buy my cars from them and several of the folks, including the GM and sales manager were there when I was there. The GM from day one. Thanks!
Old 12-18-19, 12:51 PM
osczr
Driver School Candidate

Default Anyone have a mods list?

I just got my moms 08 es350 with 30,000 miles on it and I’d like to put a set of wheels and coil overs on it. I found this example and absolutely love it. Anyone know what the wheels/coil overs are?

thanks in advance !
Old 01-08-20, 05:38 AM
TRodery
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My first Lexus! I've been polishing on it everyday since I got it.

2016 ES 350

Old 01-08-20, 05:50 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Beautiful color and great photo's. Use it well.
Old 01-08-20, 09:36 AM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

No fair taunting us poor 5th Gen owners with 6th gen pics! ​​​​​​​
ESh (05-14-20)
Old 01-13-20, 03:01 PM
Ekw
Driver School Candidate

Hi! I've actually been driving this Lexus I'm about to get for many years because it was/is my grandmother's and she hates driving. It's white with lovely tan seats. No options, although I'll be adding a backup camera. My current/last car is a 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 (3-door hatchback). I was dreading having to replace it in the next year or so (since Ford has a reputation for falling apart after 100K miles and I'm closing in on 90K). The Lexus is a 2009 with 130K miles on it, so it should probably last me another 100K or so. It's coming to me at a stage in my life where I knew I was going to be using my next car for my (future) kids and would need back doors and a bigger back seat, as well as better reliability.
Old 01-27-20, 12:14 PM
Kurt1640
Driver School Candidate

We've had our ES350 for 8 years, just entering this club.
Old 02-15-20, 03:58 PM
sudo
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Everyone!

Went in to the local Lexus dealer replace my wife's 12 year old Ford Edge. (I'm skipping weeks of test drives of various makes.) We came out with an RX350, but I've also been having some issues with my commuter car (and the car I bought on the cheap to replace it) - so I made a semi-impulse decision and picked up a 2007 ES350 with 134K miles from the dealer. I should add that my wife has wanted a Mercedes for her entire life - and she liked the 2020 RX350 more than the 2020 GLE 350, by a wide margin.

Honestly, if you told me the ES350 had 10000 miles on it, I'd believe you. Dealer serviced it's entire life, good looking carfax, runs like a dream (no transmission flare), and honestly the nicest car I've ever owned in almost 50 years of living, despite being literally the cheapest thing they had on the lot. (Not quite as nice as my wife's RX350 mind you, but surprisingly close considering it's 13 years older.)

So yeah, I was swept up in the enthusiasm about her new car a bit, but I don't regret it - great car. Of course, today the trunk decided it no longer wants to open, so there's that, but I'm hoping the super cold temps had something to do with that, and/or that the dealer will take care of me. :-)

Anyhow, I don't know how much people read these intro posts, but I figured it couldn't hurt, and I'm an enthusiastic new member of the community.

Looking forward to learning more about the car here. :-)

Edit: The trunk lid seems to have been because I accidentally pressed the valet button when putting the binder containing the manual back into the glovebox. Doh! :-)

Last edited by sudo; 02-16-20 at 04:47 AM.
DailyXV40 (03-23-21)
Old 03-26-20, 11:32 AM
nx428
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile hello everyone

Just got my first Lexus a couple weeks ago. So far it is an extremely enjoyable ride. It is a 2007 ES350 and it only had 46,300 miles. It was legitimately owned by a little old lady for the last 10 years; the Carfax report completely backs up the story. One minor paint scuff on the front bumper passenger side and missing the s from the es logo on the trunk. For a 13 year old car you really can't tell its age. Apparently it was the talk of the dealership I bought it at. We don't have a Lexus dealer anywhere near us so they are not as common to see especially with such low miles. As far as options go it has heated and cooled seats, phone bluetooth pkg: not sure on everything else can't find a way to get a window sticker or even download a 2007 brochure to know what was standard or optional. New to the Lexus brand, but so far very impressed. My wife and I leased a 2014 Toyota Corolla for 3 years and she owned a 1997 camry before that. I will probably buy another Lexus though in the future. I traded in my 2009 Ford Taurus Limited for this beauty. Any info on how to download a 2007 brochure or how to get a copy of the original window sticker would be appreciated.

Royal Ruby Metallic ext/ cashmere int

Just taking delivery.

I know you guys have seen these interiors before, but I am just so impressed with the overall build quality. You can tell this is quality.

DailyXV40 (03-23-21)
Old 03-26-20, 11:49 AM
Born2saw
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome, these are cars that do what they should without drama.

you can get a pdf of the brochure, all the manuals (if you don’t already have), history of any work done at lexus and i believe how it was originally equipped when you register at the lexus owners site:

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/

enjoy
DailyXV40 (03-23-21)
Old 05-11-20, 07:39 AM
Troyohchat
Driver School Candidate

Hello all. Signing on. I do not own a Lexus, well, not really. I currently have as a family vehicle a 2007 Toyota Sienna Limited with every single option and accessory that Toyota offered. As such it has the laser cruise control, factory NAV, seat memory, and other things that are exclusively Lexus. I consider the Sienna Limited a Lexus of sorts, but that's not why I am here.

I walked into a place to rent a trailer. It's a well known used car dealership. On the lot they had what I consider to be one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. That was months ago and they still have it. And I am still in love. Of course, it's a Lexus. It's an 2010 ES350, base model, no high end stereo or nav, and that's okay as I use my phone most of the time for NAV and such.

I haven't driven this or any other ES350 but if this drives half as good as it looks, I would probably have to go for it.

The reason I am here is I wonder if the price is right. The only wear I have seen is right around the interior door handles and the slightest bit of fogging on the headlights. Outside of that, even looking at the paint, it appears like it came from the showroom.

(Please don't buy it but here's the ad)

https://www.independentautosales.com...-Troy-OH-45373
Old 05-11-20, 10:39 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

The main thing that would bother me is the cars mileage...121,589!!! I would also like to know if there is a service record available. This car is no spring chicken in my estimation.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE