ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-21, 06:11 PM
Rmarie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 ES 350 Florida Car

Cashmere satin metallic
beige interior

Mint condition Bought from original older owner only 24k and from Florida

been driving clunkers since kids were born, fast forward 25 years and we are finally empty nesters

I cannot get over how quiet smooth fast and pretty the car is!

looking for advice on full synthetic oil vs non syn (car has been running non syn since new)
and also recommended wax or polymer finishes to protect the paint and shine

thanks for having me, thrilled to be here
Old 03-22-21, 06:15 PM
lyrical56
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know your joy! I got my 2010 with 39,000 miles and in pristine show room condition. These are the absolutely most fabulous cars, aren't they. I, too, would like recommendation on wax/polymer finishes to protect the paint and shine. It my understanding to use 5w-30 synthetic oil - my son (master mechanic) recommends Mobil 1 products so that is what I've been using. Expensive, but worth it he says.
Old 03-23-21, 06:13 PM
DailyXV40
Driver School Candidate

Hello!

Daily grocery getter ‘07 Smoky Granite Mica w/ light grey interior. STOCK!!! Thinking of doing a handful of modifications but nothing crazy.
Previous car (still own) heavily modded ‘03 Accord V6 Coupe. Glad to be here and look forward to chatting with some other ES350 owners 😁

The following users liked this post:
RadiantX45 (09-03-21)
Old 03-25-21, 05:39 AM
Pau
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default First Timer

I am a Canadian, retired and living in The Philippines. After a lot of looking around, I have finally found something special.
I just bought a 2012 ES 350 with an incredible 22k kms (under 14k miles) in a private sale.
You have to be very careful here with used cars as there are lots of games with the odometer.
But this one is pristine and comes with the LEXUS Manila service book, stamped, dated and mileage recorded every year.
Always garaged.....in the early years driven approx 4k kms but rarely driven in the later years.
First thing I must do is buy new tires as the 4 on the car are date stamped the 39th week of 2011 (seriously expired but looking new at 22K kms).
The spare has never touched the ground.
I suspect the car is actually a 2011 (not sure) but was sold by LEXUS and registered as a 2012 (in December 2011).......hey, who cares!!!!
Color is Sable (very dark brownish-maroon), black leather, sunroof, no NAV (its ok with me....adds to the old classic feel).
Sound system is quite decent but as a music lover, I may consider richer, crisper speakers but not if it means ripping the car apart.....no way!
I own a car here just for the pleasure of driving......running around is done on my motorbike.
And I'm lucky to live where there are some wonderful roads at hand.......believe me, that is a rarity here in The Philippines.
Considering I only drive 3-4k kms a year over here, this car will be new for a very long time I think.

Enjoy your cars and drive safe!!!

The following 3 users liked this post by Pau:
bjk (04-10-21), RadiantX45 (09-03-21), RFK (09-07-22)
Old 03-26-21, 10:21 AM
Stomp
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We bought our 2010 ES350 as a 4 year old CPO car. What did it for us was the fact that our baby was totally quiet during the test drive. She had always screamed in our other cars. SOLD!
New parents will do/spend just about anything for peace from their infant....
The following 2 users liked this post by Stomp:
bjk (04-10-21), Born2saw (03-26-21)
Old 04-10-21, 06:50 PM
bjk
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just purchased my first Lexus

Hello! Excited to join this forum. I previously owned a 2003 Toyota 4Runner 4WD with the 2UZ V8 for the last 3+ years. I wasn't doing much off-roading and wanted something more comfortable and efficient for the daily commute. I was looking mainly at Japanese luxury (Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura). There weren't many options in my area so I had planned a full day trip to Omaha about 3 hours away and had a list of 7 cars I was considering. At the top of my list was a Smoky Granite Mica 2011 ES 350 with 132,000 miles on the odometer. The CarFax showed the previous owner was very meticulous with maintenance and the interior looked immaculate. I took it for a test drive this morning and was hooked. That was the only vehicle I drove. On my 3 hour drive home, I was impressed with how quiet and smooth the ride was. Acceleration and power is more than adequate for what it is. I just can't believe how solid and well built the interior is as well. Here are some pictures from when I got home. It looks like mine has the halogen lights and the light output isn't great. I did a HID retrofit with Morimoto Mini H1s on my 4Runner but I think I'll keep it simple and just do LED bulbs this time. Excited to join Club Lexus and looking forward to learning a lot! Thanks!

The following 2 users liked this post by bjk:
DaveGS4 (04-10-21), RadiantX45 (09-03-21)
Old 04-10-21, 09:08 PM
bjk
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HEisALIVE
Good morning! 2010 350, Tungsten Pearl with Light Grey interior. Had to let go of the 4Runner, 08 with 170k. She was good to me but it was time for an upgrade.
Nice! I also made the switch from a 4th gen 4runner to a 350. Congratulations!
Old 04-17-21, 10:46 PM
DesDoesDab
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2007 Lexus ES 350
Exterior Tungsten Pearl
Interior Light Grey

Premium Plus Package:
- Perforated Leather Trim interior with Memory Driver's Front & Front Passenger Seats
- Outside Electrochromic Reverse-Tilt Exterior Mirrors
- Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Wheel
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- Drivers Power Cushion Extender
- Rain-Sensing Wipers
Walnut Wood & Leather Steering Wheel
Wheel Locks
Intuitive Parking Assist
Night Vision Navigation System:
- Generation 5 Navigation System with Rear Camera
- Bluetooth
- Voice Activation with Destination Input
Power Rear Sunshade
High Intensity Discharge Headlamps with Adaptive Front Lighting
Full Size Spare Tire
Rear Seat Side Airbags

Can't wait to be apart of the community! Let me know any questions have about it!
ZaddyZmac (12-20-21)
Old 04-25-21, 02:32 PM
Dustin92
Driver School Candidate

Default New member!

2008 ES350
White/Tan interior
Loaded
304k miles currently!
Still driving GREAT and everything works! Last car was an 04 Prius, my mom currently owns an 07 RX350 with 170k
No pictures yet, just bought it and haven't even washed it
figured I should probably join now!
Old 05-06-21, 02:01 PM
2008ES35O
Driver School Candidate

2008 ES350 Pebble Beach
Black w/ cashmere interior, but in the process of converting interior to all black
all lights upgraded to led. Did the fog light anytime mod,
Jl Audio 6.5s in the rear
Jl Audio 6x9 mids in front and Jl Audio tweeters in dash
DC Audio level 4 15 in trunk
PPI pro 21400 and pro 6600 amps
upgraded h/o alternator, Big 3 and a xs battery in the trunk

Last edited by 2008ES35O; 05-06-21 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-08-21, 09:01 AM
Jaksprat
Driver School Candidate

I bought a 350 ES black 2010 in great condition can I alternate 89vs91 octane?
Old 05-10-21, 02:27 PM
DJKraft
Driver School Candidate

Smile Happy to be here

First I'd like thanks to Hayk, he was tremendous help to purchase this 2012 ES 350 black/black, non-navi with 106k miles for $12k out the door, purchased from dealer to avoid waiting appointment for DMV registration, currently 3-5 weeks out, it's crazy around here.
Had a several leased vehicles in past and nothing interesting.. (Impreza, Sonata & Civic)
It's been awhile to have own used car since 98 E39 bought used in 2003 with 90k miles, really fun and enjoy driving when it was drivable, it was ultimate money pit... then married and ever since I leased...wait had a 2004 Acura TL (wife's car) for few years and it was pretty fun to drive.
Anyway, with Hayk's help, I'm so happy to end up 2012 ES 350, was bit pricey but for current automotive market situation, not much choice.

Missing tow cap on front bumper...and tinny pieces seems DAME expensive, if any one have extra black tow cap, PM me....lol

Hayk (05-13-21)
Old 05-13-21, 06:07 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by DJKraft
First I'd like thanks to Hayk, he was tremendous help to purchase this 2012 ES 350 black/black, non-navi with 106k miles for $12k out the door, purchased from dealer to avoid waiting appointment for DMV registration, currently 3-5 weeks out, it's crazy around here.
Had a several leased vehicles in past and nothing interesting.. (Impreza, Sonata & Civic)
It's been awhile to have own used car since 98 E39 bought used in 2003 with 90k miles, really fun and enjoy driving when it was drivable, it was ultimate money pit... then married and ever since I leased...wait had a 2004 Acura TL (wife's car) for few years and it was pretty fun to drive.
Anyway, with Hayk's help, I'm so happy to end up 2012 ES 350, was bit pricey but for current automotive market situation, not much choice.

Missing tow cap on front bumper...and tinny pieces seems DAME expensive, if any one have extra black tow cap, PM me....lol
Welcome! It was a pleasure helping you find the right car.
Old 06-19-21, 07:04 AM
PaulCA
Driver School Candidate

Default Picked up my first Lexus yesterday

Hi all, I am in Ontario and picked up my first ES350 from used car dealer yesterday. A 2007 with 135000 KM for $8000 Cdn or $6400 US. Very good condition, Amber Pearl Metalic paint with black leather seating.

No navigation but I only wanted something basic anyway.

My current vehicle is a 2008 Odyssey with 225000KM with rust at gas cap and one wheel arch.....but still our daily driver.

Regrettably when I was searching online for the ES I saw a couple of SC examples, I have to admit I was blown away by the shape particularly a white model with the roof up. I also saw a black one with the roof stuck in the closed position for sale that could only be opened by hand. So I will be looking to buy in about two years time, even one with a stuck roof.

Last edited by PaulCA; 07-04-21 at 09:38 AM. Reason: wrong colour
emmerson (06-20-21)
Old 06-20-21, 05:41 AM
emmerson
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Newbie here - Contemplating buying a used ES for daily commute

Hi folks! This is my first post.

Any thoughts on buying a used ES for my hour-long commute each way to work? I know Scotty Kilmer's reviews and how reliable these vehicles are with proper maintenance, but wondered if there is a particular ES model that might be best for a daily driver? I also love the Avalon, but a good old used ES with lower mileage/well-maintained would be a delight to own, obviously. Comfort and reliability are #1 concerns to me.

Thank you and it's great to be here! I'm north of Toronto, Canada (near Orillia, Ontario, in case anyone here is in the GTA or elsewhere in the vicinity).

- Jeff

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE