ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Can you order an ES?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-06, 06:53 PM
mwike
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Can you order an ES?

Can you order a new ES just like you want it or does it have to come with predetermined factory packages as shown on the Lexus.com webpage?

thanks,
Mike
Old 05-17-06, 07:25 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Special Orders

You can special order a car to your desire (colors, factory options, port installed options) but it will take about four months for the complete process. You choose what you want, and that order is sent to Japan. From when the order is recieved to when you recieve the car, it takes approx 4 months.

Make sure you go to a dealer that has done this before. Some dealerships are clueless and don't know how to send the order to Japan, making people wait longer than usual.
Old 05-17-06, 08:16 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I tried to order the Pre-Collision package last night the dealer seemed pretty reluctant to do it for me. He also said that they were not any scheduled to come in to the area for quite awhile. It would have been cool to have but I am having the dealer install the back-up sensors.
Old 05-17-06, 10:43 PM
prgs300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by psp
When I tried to order the Pre-Collision package last night the dealer seemed pretty reluctant to do it for me. He also said that they were not any scheduled to come in to the area for quite awhile. It would have been cool to have but I am having the dealer install the back-up sensors.
Will the backup sensors the dealer is installing use the ES350 displays, like the factory ones, or are they aftermarket ?

Last edited by prgs300; 05-17-06 at 10:44 PM. Reason: typos
Old 05-17-06, 11:02 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

From his post I take it to be aftermarket.

You can order it the way you want it, you just have to wait 3-4 months like Philip said.

And welcome to Club Lexus!
Old 05-18-06, 05:28 PM
TDS1
Driver School Candidate

I don't mind waiting the 4 months to get the car I want, since I can put together the car for a fair amount less than the packages offered in my area (I am looking for an ES350 with Premium, Nav, XM, wood steering wheel, and full size spare - MSRP is $39K). The cars the dealers are stocking in my area is Premium Plus, Nav, Xenon, Wood, Full size spare and maybe some other small options for $41,250. My question is, what are the odds of getting a similar discount off a special order (once the car is being discounted) compared to the discount of a car on the lot?

Last edited by TDS1; 05-18-06 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-18-06, 05:51 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't expect to get a discount on a special ordered Lexus, and if you are able to, it's gonna be very small. I asked about this in the early '90's when I bought my first Lexus. After all is said and done, just choose a car that has the packages that are advertised.....it'll save you alot of grief.
Old 05-18-06, 07:16 PM
TDS1
Driver School Candidate

Probably you are right, but what's the point of saying that you can get Navi with the premium package when all the cars in the Midwest are Prem Plus with Navi (and additional options). That is why I have not bought I Lexus before - I always get the feeling it's their car/their price/they know best attitude. I love this car, and could certainly afford it as packaged. However, it is maddening that in theory the car I want exists (and is made on the East Coast), but Lexus thinks it knows better than the buyer which cars to offer in the Midwest.

Update: Actually, after typing in random zip codes, I can't find any so far that has come up with Premium + Navi as an option.
Old 05-18-06, 07:16 PM
psp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by prgs300
Will the backup sensors the dealer is installing use the ES350 displays, like the factory ones, or are they aftermarket ?
They are indeed aftermarket but are going to be installed by the dealer. I will let you know how they work and how they come out. The sensors on my wife's Quest haves been very effective in assisting in parking. So much so that I do not think I would buy another car without them, camera in the Nav system or not. I have also heard that the camera is not as effective when wet, and while I will try to keep the new toy dry, moisture is inevitable.
Old 05-18-06, 10:44 PM
LexFather

The dealer will always push the cars they have ON the lot. Hell, they can even trade cars from one dealer to the other.

Special order will take time and they are kind of reluctant, b/c say you order it a certain way, then back out, they might be stuck with a car no one else wants i.e harder to sell.

Good luck

All, welcome to Clublexus
Old 05-19-06, 10:24 AM
Lexus_girl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TDS1
Probably you are right, but what's the point of saying that you can get Navi with the premium package when all the cars in the Midwest are Prem Plus with Navi (and additional options). That is why I have not bought I Lexus before - I always get the feeling it's their car/their price/they know best attitude. I love this car, and could certainly afford it as packaged. However, it is maddening that in theory the car I want exists (and is made on the East Coast), but Lexus thinks it knows better than the buyer which cars to offer in the Midwest.

Update: Actually, after typing in random zip codes, I can't find any so far that has come up with Premium + Navi as an option.
I am on the East coast, and all our ES350's with nav. are coming in with the premium plus package (ventilated seats, HID, rear shade.....) You should be able to get a bigger discount on a car the dealer has in stock vs ordering one from the factory.
Good luck.
Old 05-19-06, 11:07 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by JM Lexus
I am on the East coast, and all our ES350's with nav. are coming in with the premium plus package (ventilated seats, HID, rear shade.....) You should be able to get a bigger discount on a car the dealer has in stock vs ordering one from the factory.
Good luck.
Thanks................
Old 05-19-06, 11:12 PM
93 LS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The dealer will always push the cars they have ON the lot. Hell, they can even trade cars from one dealer to the other.

Special order will take time and they are kind of reluctant, b/c say you order it a certain way, then back out, they might be stuck with a car no one else wants i.e harder to sell.

Good luck

All, welcome to Clublexus
I agree, I sold cars for a few years and they always pushed you to sell what was on the lot..
Old 05-20-06, 07:58 AM
TDS1
Driver School Candidate

I certainly understand pushing the cars on the lot, it's the lack of variety that's frustrating. Perhaps as we get into summer or early fall differently equipped cars will arrive. I can be patient.

Currently all ES350 in my area with Nav are coming in with PP+ and other options totalling $41,249.

My build your own Lexus with Premium/Nav and a few other options comes in at $38,330.

So, of course if an on the lot car is discounted $2500 and a build your own is discounted $0, then it makes no sense. I will wait to see until discounting becomes more common and then see how big a price difference between build your own or an inventory car.
Old 05-20-06, 08:41 AM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, ask the dealers what they have coming in or what they can see are going to come in. I recently saw a report with 200 cars on it. It looked cryptic, but it wasn't as long as you know the codes for the various options (KBB.com has them) UL, of course as we all know is Ultra Luxury. UL is how we abbreviate it on the forum, but it is also the package code Lexus uses too.

The dealer should be able to help you so you don't have to special order a car.

Quick Reply: Can you order an ES?