ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Easy to use ES350 Car Cover???

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-06, 09:48 AM
gportiz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy to use ES350 Car Cover???

Well I recently took deliver of my new beautiful black ES350 and I absolutely love this car! I don’t have any complaints yet regarding the car but I am having another irritating issue. I live in a condo community that has carports. The problem that I am having has to do with cat paw prints. I have a neighbor that has 3 cats that just love to sleep on my car. It really sucks when you wake up to find your shiny new black car has kitty prints all over the hood and cat hair.

Can anyone recommend a car cover that is easy to use and quick to remove? I know that there are many different types of car covers available and I also know that Lexus sales one specific to this car. I’ve never used a car cover and for some reason I think that a fitted car cover may take longer to put on and remove. I just need something easy.

Any suggestions on a ES350 car cover or on how to keep cats off your car would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-30-06, 10:18 AM
Lyn06
Driver School Candidate

I also have a black ES350 and park it in my carport. I have cat prints on my car every morning too. I was wondering about a car cover too because I'm afraid the cats may scratch the paint jumping on and off the car. What I do every morning to get rid of dusty paws is dust the car off with a California duster. It works really well. This is my second black car. I also have a black Avalon which is now my teenage daughters car. I just bought her a duster for her to use on that car.
Old 06-30-06, 10:31 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another proof that not just us humans fall in love with Lexus, but felines do the same LOL!!! I live in a condo community as well, and don't even have a car port. We don't have too many cats, but lots of dogs in the neighborhood. I sure hope they will not be climbing on top of my Tungsten Pearl ES350
Old 07-01-06, 04:48 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have that problem with birds in the crape mytles next to my driveway. They leave something far worse on my car!
Old 07-06-06, 10:38 AM
gportiz
Driver School Candidate

Default CatStop

Well I found this new product, that I'm going to order today, that is supposed to keep cats away from your car. The product is called CatStop and is manufactured by Contech Products (do a google search). Anyhow it operates like those rodent deterrents that emit high pitch sounds to scare them away. It has a sensor that when activitated emits an ultra-sonic sound that only cats can hear and scares them away. The company claims that it works and I really hope that it does because I am tired of the cat prints and fur on my shiny new black ES350. I'm also so afraid of scratches.

I'll let you know if it works.