ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Moon Shell Mica

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-06, 04:26 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If YOU like it who cares! It definitely is a unique color for sure. It was my first choice because of that, and I put a deposit on one. That car was the very first ES350 to arrive at my dealership too. As soon as I saw it in person I realized I was likely to end up seeing lots of blue hairs in the same color much like my previous white ES....so....I opted to go with the smokey granite mica.

But I still wear my pink shirt and tie!
Old 07-12-06, 09:20 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting....

This MSM car keeps changing colors! I was walking out of the grocery store yesterday evening, and couldn't quite find my car. Then I realized, that cream beige champaign grey car was my MSM! I was like what happened???? Didn't see any pink/purple there....it was under dusk condition.... so I think sunshine brings out the pink hue. Kinda interesting...like driving a different color every day. It's unique indeed.... wow.
Old 07-12-06, 10:35 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you still trying to talk yourself into it Its very difficult when you are making a decision or unsure while waiting for your car to arrive. But, you already got it, its unique, and you live in CA - so you should be all set!!! For example, here in Jersey this color wouldn't fly, and as a matter of fact I tell everybody that my new color going to be Silver - nobody really understands Tungsten Pearl LOL!!!

And speaking of colors, I already seen Black (very formal), Blue Onyx (dark, close to black), White (blinding pearl white), MSM, and Ruby (very elegant color) on the road here in NJ. But, NO Tungsten Pearl?!? It has been close to 3 weeks as I'm waiting for mine to arrive, and my dealer told me its one of those hard to get colors. Why? I thought that "silver" craze was 2-3 years old. Right now, I hardly see any silver color on the road, at least in a luxury class. Mostly white and black car colors, and almost every Mersedes has that brownish metallic color...
Old 07-12-06, 12:10 PM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

Just found out my Tungsten arrives at dealer July 28! Grrrrrrr

Apparently they are VERY hard to get! Have only seen one on the road though, so I don't get it. My dealer only has Amber on the ground, which is not surprising.
Old 07-12-06, 12:57 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PaJaHa1

Apparently they are VERY hard to get! Have only seen one on the road though, so I don't get it. My dealer only has Amber on the ground, which is not surprising.
I'm surprised you are getting yours on July 28th. I thought it was supposed come from another dealership within a short period of time? According to my delear, my Tungsten is supposed to be on a boat from Japan, but until it arrives on a West Coast, clears customs, and gets on a delivery truck, I don't think I can find out if its really on schedule and when exactly am I getting it I wish they would give you some kind of a tracking number, like UPS does, to track where you car is exactly
Old 07-12-06, 01:41 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Great picture of your new ES 350. I don't think the color MSM is feminine at all. Don't mind what others think. Drive safe and happy driving...
Old 07-12-06, 01:57 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's very strange that you said that about the Amber Pearl color since my dealer said that this color has been requested by many people.......but the problem is that he can't get it in the UL Edtion. It seems I was one of the lucky ones though, besides I have been complemented numerous times by many people who have seen my car. After owning 4 Lexus's, both Diamond White Pearl and Millenium Silver I was getting tired of those colors and I wanted something more uncommon, hence the Amber Pearl. The white and silver ES350's remind me of Hertz rental cars....very common! LOL
P.S. My dealer has Tungsten Pearl cars up the kazooo.......they're NOT too hard to find at all!

Last edited by amf1932; 07-12-06 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-12-06, 02:09 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Default Same here

My dealership has a stockpile of Tunsten Pearls, but no Amber Pearls. She says Amber Pearls are very limited in numbers. All the Granite Micas only have black interiors....no greys interiors coming in this summer. The MGMs come in like 4 at a time, and they are snapped up before arrival. As for all the other colors, I never asked. So the supply is very region specific. Hope yall get your Tunsten Pearl soon. It's very pretty silver. My 2005 Highlander's color is close to it.
Old 07-12-06, 05:42 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

That is one thing I don't understand. When I went to my dealer with a request for Tungsten Pearl, I asked them to check other dealership first instead of me waiting for a new car to be build in Japan. With all these cars in NY and CA, wouldn't it be easier to get it from another dealer? Or do they have to pay some extra money for that? The only advantage I can think of, its going to have the latest build so hopefully all the early problems will be checked out....

Oh, and we also have a silver '05 Highlander. That silver color is much darker. Tungsten Pearl is in a class of its own, I guess "pearl" gives it a unique finish
Old 07-12-06, 06:55 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Thanks for the pic, I think I've seen one today too, definitely a unique color
Old 07-13-06, 05:32 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

The allocations make NO sense to me. It seems nobody can get what they want no matter where they are located. I'm not springing for NAV, as I would be stretching my budget, and these seem to be the majority of the cars coming in to North Jersey.

My dealer was originally going to do a swap for me, but it turns out he has nothing to swap! Every car he has coming in is spoken for. So when the new allocation sheet came in, I got right on it. Hopefully I can have it by the end of the month. The only two he has on the ground are Amber NAV. I'm starting to see more and more of them on the roads now and they all look great- even that electric blue color! Hopefully the highways wont be that saturated with them, but at this rate it's not looking good! Oh well...
Old 07-13-06, 05:43 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

The allocations make NO sense to me. It seems nobody can get what they want no matter where they are located. I'm not springing for NAV, as I would be stretching my budget, and these seem to be the majority of the cars coming in to North Jersey.

My dealer was originally going to do a swap for me, but it turns out he has nothing to swap! Every car he has coming in is spoken for. So when the new allocation sheet came in, I got right on it. Hopefully I can have it by the end of the month. The only two he has on the ground are Amber NAV. I'm starting to see more and more of them on the roads now and they all look great- even that electric blue color! Hopefully the highways wont be that saturated with them, but at this rate it's not looking good! Oh well...
FWIW I believe you are making a monumentally huge mistake not getting a nav system in your car. It will add immeasurably to the enjoyment and functionality you can expect from this vehicle. If I were you I'd rethink this before it's too late and all you are left with is that "I knew I should of pulled that trigger (but didn't)" feeling.

There's a reason virtually all the cars coming in are equipped with this must have technology.
Old 07-13-06, 06:06 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

I'm 25 years old and looking to purchase a home in the next year or so. The $50 a month may not be huge, but to me it represents another bill that could be paid elsewhere. I realize I'm going to be hit with the "if you can't afford NAV you probably shouldn't be driving a Lexus", but I'm fine with it. I don't drive out of the area much, so it would not serve much a functional purpose, it would be more of a "toy". I still have the bluetooth going through the stereo so at least I'll have that. Also, I'm getting an "insiders' deal" on this car, so my payments are very low.

Ok, go ahead everyone. Time for the lectures!
Old 07-13-06, 08:15 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm 25 years old and looking to purchase a home in the next year or so. The $50 a month may not be huge, but to me it represents another bill that could be paid elsewhere. I realize I'm going to be hit with the "if you can't afford NAV you probably shouldn't be driving a Lexus", but I'm fine with it. I don't drive out of the area much, so it would not serve much a functional purpose, it would be more of a "toy". I still have the bluetooth going through the stereo so at least I'll have that. Also, I'm getting an "insiders' deal" on this car, so my payments are very low.

Ok, go ahead everyone. Time for the lectures!
I purchased my first Lexus when I was 23 years old. If you can afford then go for it. You've got great taste and you're making an excellent choice by purchasing a Lexus. Drive safe and happy driving...
Old 07-13-06, 08:59 AM
redman
Driver School Candidate

(PaJaHa1),

No lecture here, but rather a compliment. What a great attitude for a young person. I know if you keep that apparent sense of discipline and responsibility, I'm sure you will be extremely successful in other things you do as well.

And, some day, when the time is right, I'm also certain a fully loaded luxury automobile will be the least of your rewards!

Be Well,
The Redman

Quick Reply: Moon Shell Mica