ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Moon Shell Mica

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-06, 10:41 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSM bashers

ok..i was surfing the net last night to see if i can find more owners of MSM color and see what their reactions were. It appears that the people who bash the MSM color in other forums are the same ones who bash them here. Well I guess they want to get the message across. No problem... The thing that is interesting is that these folks' favorite flavor is the Royal Ruby Metallic, which in my opinion doesn't really fit this car. So indeed preferences vary throughout the spectrum and I came to realize that my tastes are indeed a bit eccentric. It's true that the MSM is not for everyone....it's very different and kinda pimpy. However, it is beautiful by most standards, and to call it "ugly" would be a bit exaggerated. My dealer called me last night to ask how I liked my new car, and I had nothing but praises. This car is an AMAZING machine, and it has its own personality. I am considering some lighting modifications to make it even more interesting.

I guess what started this thread was a lot of emotions associated with such a huge purchase. Most people would want their new purchase to be admired and envied too, especially if they just wrote a check for $37,500 (paid in full including taxes, licensing etc). But in the end, after all the buyers remorse, and self justification, I find that I made a choice that fits me. If i rolled back time and did the purchase all over again, I would be faced with 2 choices: take the color that others may find more acceptable, or take the color that I would enjoy more. It may be difficult since so many of us are affected by what others think, but knowing my own personality I think I would pick the MSM again, just like how I picked the white Miata 7 years ago when everyone told me that was the wrong car for me. Can't blame me for my taste. When I wrote a $300,000 check as down payment for my house 2 years ago, there was some buyers remorse also, but that's a whole different story.....
Old 07-14-06, 11:01 AM
Redefined
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as you enjoy it so, let's not worry what others are saying. I saw a post which bashed the Amber Pearl as "the ugliest color <the poster> ever seen". People who posts on a public board should be sensitive to other's feelings. There is a fine line between speaking of a honest opinion and bashing. I understand your feeling of hurt; it's time to move on. I do think your MSM is amazing.
Old 09-20-11, 09:51 PM
acdapast
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are that concerned with the color, I will suggest you to go to your Lexus dealer and tell them to tint your windows to OEM standard (front windows (2), rear windows (2) and rear windshield (1)}. This will enhance the aggressiveness of the car and it will look more like a unisex car, and i doubt your buddies will tease you again.

- Dont go too dark on the tint because first this will ruin the luxury or class of a Lexus and second, people may think you are too embarrassed to drive a feminine color so you have to tint your windows to cover your face.
- I have the same color car, and no one made fun of me after tinting the windows.