ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Moon Shell Mica

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-06, 10:12 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moon Shell Mica

As most of you know, the new color Moon Shell Mica is a new color exclusive to ES350 2007 model. I saw the color online, and saw a sample at the dealership, but never saw the actual color before I bought the car. The car arrived and it looks gorgeous. It is everything I ever wanted.... Nice, sleek, futuristic, sophisticated and unique. It's basically a silver with a tint of purple/fusia and changes color depending on angle of viewing. I'm very happy. My wife is real happy i finally found a car i really liked.

But today, when i sent my best friend a picture of the car, he said "the color is a bit feminine". Now i dont really car what other people think about my car, but now im wondering, do i have taste for feminine color, or is this color designed for women drivers? I always thought car colors were gender neutral....now i'm thinking....i hope i dont look wierd driving it.

Question: Does anyone think the Moon Shell Mica is a feminine color besides my buddy?
Attached Thumbnails Moon Shell Mica-dsc05136-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Kaius88; 07-11-06 at 04:45 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 07-11-06, 10:29 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaius88
Question: Does anyone think the Moon Shell Mica is a feminine color besides my buddy?
It isn't feminine.

However, it isn't aggressive like black or silver or charcoal. Does that mean it isn't masculine? I don't think so...
Old 07-11-06, 11:09 AM
CyclopStan
Rookie

"I always thought car colors were gender neutral....now i'm thinking.."
...that blue is for boys & pink is for girls... Actually I found the color interesting but just too much of the pink tones came out in the bright sun, where as my wife loved it and it was her 2nd fav behind the ruby.
Old 07-11-06, 11:16 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

If you love the color then enjoy it for yourself. Who cares about what other people think? The ES is not a flashy car in the first place, so the typical driver is not looking for attention or to be acknowledged by others on the road.

Good luck with it.
Old 07-11-06, 11:19 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Default i noticed too

I noticed the pink too, but it's such a unique transforming color i was hooked when i saw it. It has a bit of everything i want in a color...kinda hard to describe. My wife likes it, and she can drive it whenever she wants. I think you either love this color or hate it. Somehow I really enjoy looking at this color... I guess you cant make a color that EVERYone enjoy. Wasn't red a feminine color at one point? Since I have a pink tie, I might as well wear it while drving this MSM machine.
Old 07-11-06, 11:19 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be honest, you already got the car. So, what is a point of asking? I was in your shoes two weeks ago when I placed an order for MSM because I thought it was original, brochure color looked cool, and I saw one in my dealership garage with a poor lighting. I did questioned on a spot if its "feminine", honestly - that was the first word out of my mouth. But, my wife said, NO WAY, its COOL!!! That was on Saturday, and I ended up the whole Sunday reading through every single article on the web and looking for real daylight pictures of the car. On Monday, I called my dealership and asked them to change my order to Tungsten Pearl. End of story... I have seen one on the road last week, and it looked weird to me when the shade of the color changed as it passed by. It looked more like swirly pinkish/purplish. I also showed pictures I collected from the web to some of my co-workers, and their reaction was "Mary Kay" color from 90's Cadillacs...

You have to be comfortable with that color, and if you have any doubt about it - its not too late to discuss it with your dealer. Again, this is just my very biased opinion. You really have to make up your own mind about it.

Good luck!!!
Old 07-11-06, 11:28 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

Ignore your friend's opinion If you like it, that's all that matters.
I haven't seen this color in person yet, but the description sounds pretty good to me
Old 07-11-06, 11:48 AM
dp5
Driver

Default Moon Shell Mica

This was the first color that I was considering but I decided against it after seeing it. My wife loved it but I didn't care for the pink/purple undertones as much. This just proves how subjective choosing a color is. If I had decided to get it, I wouldn't have felt feminine riding around in it. This is too good of a car to second guess your purchase. Just ride around and enjoy it.
Old 07-11-06, 02:11 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Default thanks for your inputs

I picked this color mainly because its unique and very cool to me. I guess i let some other people's perspective get in the way of me enjoying this awesome vehicle. I almost contacted the dealership to request an exchange, but I know it can't happen here in california. No problem because I picked the color and it's what i wanted in the end. It's all in my head I guess.
Old 07-11-06, 02:22 PM
Ingram4868
Driver

We had the dealer park these cars in the sun and right next to eachother; Moon Shell, Tungsten Pearl, Crystal White, and Aquamarine. Color is a really personal decision, that is why they offer a variety. Seeing them in the bright sunlight was a real help in making our decision.
Old 07-11-06, 05:27 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I can see women choosing this colour more but it doesn't mean it's a girl's colour. If you like it, drive it. Who's to say what YOU like and don't like? It's one of the nicer colours there even if it is pink. Better than that baby pink MINI that goes to my school.
Old 07-11-06, 05:38 PM
beckysdad
10th Gear

Smile New Moonshell Mica

We got delivery today of our new Lexus ES 350 with the premium plus package. What a beautiful car! The color looks gorgeous in the sunlight. My favorite features are the cooled seats (we live in FL) and the HID headlamps. It drives like a dream - so quiet. Love it!
Denise
Attached Thumbnails Moon Shell Mica-lexus-07-.jpg  
Old 07-11-06, 09:12 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

congrats Beckysdad. Welcome to CL and a nice pat on the back.
Old 07-11-06, 09:23 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

It can be a very deceptive color. I was walking home from work the other day and saw a silver ES350 driving past me. Only it wasn't silver, it was the MSM! Depending on sunlight, clouds and time of day the color seems to just keep on changing. Everytime I see one it looks different!

Congrats on your new car beckysdad
Old 07-12-06, 02:48 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great color! Don't mind other's opinions much. A lot of men wear pink, a lot of men never wear it, after all it's what YOU like because it's YOUR car.

That and maybe your buddy's a little jealous.

Quick Reply: Moon Shell Mica