ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

ES350 Owners Manual

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-06, 04:55 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"rar" is just like a "zip". Use your unzip program or a free http://www.rarlab.com/ and than use provided password to open it when prompted. Don't rename it, its a zipped collection of every chapter from manual, each in pdf (the way how I downloaded it off their webpage).
Old 11-03-06, 05:31 AM
discoverer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Es350 manual

Thanks a lot Twister

Regards,
Discoverer
Old 11-03-06, 06:18 AM
Vandam
Rookie

Thumbs up

Kudos Twister...

This is another example of members helping each other out with their new cars.

Ain't the Internet grand!

Old 11-04-06, 02:34 PM
chaunceysf
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down Maybe it's just me...

Originally Posted by twister
"rar" is just like a "zip". Use your unzip program or a free http://www.rarlab.com/ and than use provided password to open it when prompted. Don't rename it, its a zipped collection of every chapter from manual, each in pdf (the way how I downloaded it off their webpage).
but I don't see the value in having to download a new kind of software to unzip this .rar file when WinZip is already on 99.9% of our computers and FREE. In order to get the .rar file software, you have to download a "trial" version, install it, and then for 40 days put up with the "begging" messages and after 40 days put up with the "you didn't pay" messages. And who knows if it will clog up and/or slow down your computer.

It would be SO much simpler to just share things with the most common formats (.zip in this case).

So, thanks for the effort, but no thanks on making me add more useless or single-use software to my computer.
Old 11-04-06, 06:13 PM
OAKPLANK
Rookie

The download is a"fix" until my es350 is delivered and I get my real manual.

Thanks Twister
Old 11-04-06, 06:49 PM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A quick de-install of the Winrar software, and manual erase of the exe where it was downloaded and it's gone.

This is reasonably simple by opening the Control Panel; Add/Remove Programs; step down to the WinRar software near the list end; highlight the Winrar and de-install it.

The PDF files that were created by the Winrar packaging are opened, read or modified by Adobe Acrobat.
Old 11-05-06, 06:04 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Winzip didn't work but I had someone in the office who has the Winrar software installed extract it for me. Nice to have on the computer for leisurely browsing.
Old 11-05-06, 07:52 AM
OAKPLANK
Rookie

I've down loaded the files and using the Winar software. However, evertime I open one of the many files, I need to enter the password. With gazillions files in that folder, is there a way were I can do this once and it;s done for good.
This would be helpful when I just want to see what's in a file.
Any help would be appreciated.
Oakplank
Old 11-05-06, 09:05 AM
Vandam
Rookie

Originally Posted by OAKPLANK
I've down loaded the files and using the Winar software. However, evertime I open one of the many files, I need to enter the password. With gazillions files in that folder, is there a way were I can do this once and it;s done for good.
Oakplank
Oakplank, PM sent.

It could be that Twister encrypted all files rather than just the archive.
Old 11-05-06, 05:10 PM
discoverer
Driver School Candidate

Default Manual files

Originally Posted by OAKPLANK
Oakplank
OAKPLANK,
If you combine all files in one ,using Adobe Acrobat (I was using Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Profesional) you do not have to open the file with bl... password. After I did that ,every idividual opens without password.Try that.. I hope it helps
Discoverer
Old 11-05-06, 07:46 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Gee, we need a computer support section in here, ah? No offense to some, but I call this as just an older generation of Lexus drivers with their "zip" standards versus a new generation of younger Lexus drivers with a better compression ratio "rar" To be honest, with todays standards of at least a couple of dozen of compression formats, I haven't seen a program (at least the latest version of it) that can not support all of it.

Regarding pwd protection, it wad done as a suggestion from someone here in the forum. I simply password protected the whole zipped up directory with every file in there. Why would you unzip only one file at-a-time when you can just unzip everything at once therefore using password only once? When everything is unzipped, there should not be any problem opening them up with Adobe reader.
Old 11-05-06, 07:51 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Still looking for just one file - no matter the size - versus dozens of little small ones.
Old 11-05-06, 07:56 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

In that case, Discoverer since you already combined all PDFs into one file, can you upload it for those who need it? Forget about zipping or password protection

BTW, for file sharing just go to www.speedyshare.com and upload your file from there. Wait for the link and copy it to share with everybody
Old 11-06-06, 02:18 PM
OAKPLANK
Rookie

Thanks guys. I was able to have all the files permanently installed unziped.
Oakplank
Old 11-06-06, 06:22 PM
discoverer
Driver School Candidate

Default Some pages are missing?

Originally Posted by twister
In that case, Discoverer since you already combined all PDFs into one file, can you upload it for those who need it? Forget about zipping or password protection

BTW, for file sharing just go to www.speedyshare.com and upload your file from there. Wait for the link and copy it to share with everybody
I can not upload combined file because I am missing
Chapter 3-6 "OTHER INTERIOR FEATURES" pages 237-262.
How about rest of you guys, are you missing the same pages?
Discoverer

Quick Reply: ES350 Owners Manual