ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Pics of a Blue Onyx ES350 U/L

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-06, 07:12 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

She's gooooorgeous, Celibon!....no dang wonder you fell in love with her!
Old 08-03-06, 08:07 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by psp
Yes you can. The pink one.

My black one (aka Loudella) is spending the night at the dealer because the ML is acting up. They gave me an 07 ES350 in MSM to ride around in. It has a gray interior too. While many may like this combination I (emphatically) prefer the black on black (I'm trying to be nice here, you may interpret in between the lines).

Also, for what it's worth, Kaius88 made a wise decision going with the UL package. I now realize that I would not be happy with the non-UL version. It is just plain old better.

How come i missed this post? I thought i track this forum everyday and somehow missed it.

So Belated-congrats Celibon! That color looks like black but under the sun it is blue...really cool. I always wonder how they make these colors appear the way they do.

Not all US UL packages come with parking assist. Mine actually does not have it. I rely on the backup camera so much these days because i cant see anything through the slim back window. I wonder if you can add parking assist separately....
Old 08-03-06, 08:15 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

I wonder if you can add parking assist separately....
Yes you can with an aftermarket unit, but it won't be integrated thru the NAV screen as it is with the factory installed system.
Old 08-03-06, 08:16 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

Kaius, there are 3rd party options out there for the parking assist. They would probably install some sensors on the car and a device in the car to give warning sounds. The bad thing about this is that it's not tied to your nav system and i don't know if they also cover the front part of the car (or maybe they have a solution that do). I have seen prices starting at 150 or so.
Old 08-03-06, 10:22 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted the parking assist but I was told it was not going to be available. I had an aftermarket backup sensor array installed. Between the mirrors, back-up camera, and sensors, I think it is formidable. I will have to rely on my vision for the front.

You can see the job the dealer did on the install. It looks OK to me.

Old 08-03-06, 10:51 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

The rear sensors weren't placed as wide as the factory sensors. It's a shame because they don't afford as much protection to the rear sides because they're too close together.
Old 08-03-06, 11:42 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Isnt closer the better? i mean you can hit a pole in the middle of the sensors and you can have a blind spot no? Im thinking maybe the corners should be covered as well....cus thats kinda my blind spot.
Old 08-04-06, 05:54 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kaius88
Isnt closer the better? i mean you can hit a pole in the middle of the sensors and you can have a blind spot no? Im thinking maybe the corners should be covered as well....cus thats kinda my blind spot.
That's exactly the problem. I sometimes have to park next to a wall. When I'm backing up my car, an coming in at acute angle, the side sensor activates and shows me the image on the screen, and starts beeping. The closer I get to the wall the faster the beeps, and the color of the illustration of the Park Assist car on the NAV screen changes from yellow to red. If I didn't have this side sensor there would be no way it could give any type of warning. It's a definite blind spot.
Old 08-04-06, 07:06 AM
psp
Pole Position

I do not have that kind of problem (like amf has) to contend with thank goodness. Most of the time I just need to parallel park and I have yet to cream the side of the car or the tires against the curb. Nor have I hit another car or a small child.
Old 08-04-06, 07:23 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by psp
I do not have that kind of problem (like amf has) to contend with thank goodness. Most of the time I just need to parallel park and I have yet to cream the side of the car or the tires against the curb. Nor have I hit another car or a small child.
You're missing the point! The whole idea in having Park Assist is to help you out as best as possible under ALL kinds of conditions. There are times when you don't have the option to parallel park your car....aren't there?
Old 08-04-06, 10:30 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

if park assist is on your NAV, how does it display backup camera and parking assist at the same time when you go in reverse?
Old 08-04-06, 11:12 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kaius88
if park assist is on your NAV, how does it display backup camera and parking assist at the same time when you go in reverse?
A little window pops up on the top right of the NAV screen showing you the car with bars that blink yellow and then red as you approach something to the front, side or rear.

There is an audible alert as well. very effective though I wish they extended the range of the sensors a bit. I find they don't begin to alert you until you're very, very close to an object.
Old 08-04-06, 07:35 PM
dshahs420
Pole Position

gotta love technology. I would have loved to have had this feature 10 years ago, being in college in boston and parking being a premium in a small city like boston, I would never fail to scrape a car trying to parallel park in a confined spot. But then again i didnt have much money when i was in college so i dont think i would have been able to afford park assist then!
Old 08-04-06, 09:36 PM
psp
Pole Position

(removed and reworded)

Last edited by psp; 08-04-06 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-04-06, 09:46 PM
psp
Pole Position

i missed no point. It works just fine. I have a very narrow garage and when I back out the sensor goes off because of the wall on the left side and the door frame. I am not sure of the angle that the sensor cuts off at but the rear of the car must "clear" the garage door frame before it stops beeping.

Reworded: good enough but obviously not as good as yours, especially because of the combination with the front sensor and the visual display on the Nav system.

Quick Reply: Pics of a Blue Onyx ES350 U/L