ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Has anyone ever gotten a girl cus of his car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-06, 10:21 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever gotten a girl cus of his car?

Ive had old, used, and sometimes crappy cars all my life. I was wondering if any girls would get with a guy because of his nice ride. I dont think the ES would impress girls that much, but how important is it to have a nice ride in order to attract a woman? Just out of curiosity. No im not gonna trade in my ES (again) for a better ride so I could get some honey.... My wife would castrate me before that happens.
Old 07-27-06, 10:26 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought PaJaHa1 already answered this question in a thread about "naming your car" where he (a 25-year old) said of calling SC430 a "panty dropper" if he would of gotten that car
Old 07-27-06, 10:48 AM
LineruaL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kaius88
Ive had old, used, and sometimes crappy cars all my life. I was wondering if any girls would get with a guy because of his nice ride. I dont think the ES would impress girls that much, but how important is it to have a nice ride in order to attract a woman? Just out of curiosity. No im not gonna trade in my ES (again) for a better ride so I could get some honey.... My wife would castrate me before that happens.
Only gold-diggers and teenagers care about the car you drive. One of my friends just sold his beautifully modified Subaru RS because of all the unwanted attention from teenage girls. Actually, I think it's a great way to weed OUT all the materialistic ones.
Old 07-27-06, 11:23 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

Haha thanks Twister I'm glad someone notice that.

My previous car was a Lexus and I don't think I ever got girls because of it. I think, if anything, a Lexus could be a great accessory. If you arrange to pick a girl up on the first date and you pull up in a shiny new ES350, it will definitely improve your chances. I do not think that a girl will get with you just because of the car alone. I think that a Merc SL550 and upwards from there (the exotics) would have that kind of power.

Being from the Metro NY area, I can tell you that many, if not most, girls are very much interested in what kind of car a guy drives. Sad, but true.
Old 07-27-06, 11:59 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Pajaha, i noticed your panty dropper thread, thus i got the idea to start this one. Kudos to you for stimulating the thought process.

I totally agree that the ES350 would give a good first impression. Here in Los Angeles, people focus on nice cars way too much. That's why I have coworkers who make less than $50k a year driving a $70k car. So deep in debt it's not even funny.... I had a foreign student classmate commenting on the idea that LA people drive nice cars but live in cardboard boxes.
Old 07-27-06, 12:23 PM
Har
Driver School Candidate

Pajaha, i noticed your panty dropper thread, thus i got the idea to start this one. Kudos to you for stimulating the thought process.

I totally agree that the ES350 would give a good first impression. Here in Los Angeles, people focus on nice cars way too much. That's why I have coworkers who make less than $50k a year driving a $70k car. So deep in debt it's not even funny.... I had a foreign student classmate commenting on the idea that LA people drive nice cars but live in cardboard boxes.

In Maine, a pick-up truck without rust is a chick magnet!

I met my wife drving a "****ty old" (her words) Ford Ranger and we get married 6 months later-now that's true love. 10 years later she drives the ES350 and I drive our 2005 RX330.
Old 07-27-06, 12:30 PM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

LA is definitely a car culture so I suppose I could understand how a car could really factor in to one's social status, particularly young people. That being said, there are many people in this area also that are working for their car and drowning in debt. With all the mass-transit systems around here, there are far less cars on the road than in the West. When I was younger, I remember my friends that lived in NYC would always go after LI or NJ girls because they had cars and could drive them around! haha

I don't want to sound like a preacher here, but I think that the recent popularity of the hip-hop culture and movies have a lot to do with the way teenagers coming up now and the materialistic culture that has developed. This could be why there are many young kids working 5 jobs to drive nice cars.
Old 07-27-06, 02:03 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VikingKing
I think they would go more for a GS or any other Lexus then a camry with a tuxedo! lol
The only reason you're saying that is because you're a GS owner.
Now get out of the GS350 area or else we'll all gang up on you and throw you out. heeheehee
Old 07-27-06, 03:02 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't go with a girl because of my ride. I don't want a girl who maxes out credit cards, insist on the expensive things (whether they're good or of good quality doesn't matter but only the price) and a cool car to ride in. I'd run away so fast, she'll think I saw a ghost.
Old 07-27-06, 03:49 PM
ES350LUV
Driver School Candidate

As a woman...my honest opinion is...

Lets not pretend that money dont matter. It makes life much more comfortable...but it doesnt make one happy. You have to do that on your own...I know so many that dont do the work but keep buying things and showing off and etc to feel better. There is a huge difference between a gold digger (who wants things piled up high) and a person who doesnt want to struggle.

Would a car peak my interest? Yes...just like a pretty women does for you guys. Its just that it is one thing to be interested and it is another to be in Love. I remember dating a guy with a Ferrari but kept thingking to myself, " I wonder how long Ive been on this date". (It was a blind date..hate blind dates)

But dont you guys agree that alot more focus is on things and looks, not on character? if you really think about it...most work so hard during the week and spend during the weekend...we dont spend enough time doing meaningful things in our lives. Especially here in LA.....your almost looked down upon if you dont have some nice things.....ughhh...Suddendly I want to move to Alaska...anyone care to join me?
Old 07-27-06, 04:49 PM
Redefined
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nextourer
..... I don't want a girl who maxes out credit cards, insist on the expensive things....
Are girls the only human kind who know how to max out of credit cards or insist on expensive things?

Last edited by Redefined; 07-27-06 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-27-06, 04:52 PM
Redefined
Driver School Candidate

.... I was wondering if any girls would get with a guy because of his nice ride.
Go on with the fancy, your chance is slim with a ring on your finger.
Old 07-27-06, 05:04 PM
Agni88
Driver

If you want a car to bring you girls buy a BMW.
Old 07-27-06, 05:37 PM
CyclopStan
Rookie

I have to admit that girl or guy, everyone that has gotten in my car has been rather impressed and if your in the dating mode thats what its all about...making an impression. I don't think anyone wants to get a date because of their car, but it would defineately set quite a tone on that 1st date when you open the door and she sits down. Like ES350LUV said "Would a car peak my interest? Yes...just like a pretty women does for you guys" So you single guys enjoy ...
Old 07-27-06, 09:33 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Agni88
If you want a car to bring you girls buy a BMW.
Ya i'd buy a BMW if i wanna go on a date and be stranded in Benedict Canyon because the car breaks down. BMWs are so unreliable these days. Top lemon of 2004 was BMW 7-series (JD Powers survey).

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever gotten a girl cus of his car?