ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Can't get bluetooth to work. any ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-06, 05:52 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what it is worth I had a loaner ES350 with bluetooth and no Nav. I paired my phone by following the instructions given to me by Louise Lexus (the lady in the car). I did not have to speak or type in anything other than the pairing mode in my phone and the code (1111).
Old 08-03-06, 06:46 PM
coleco
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is interesting. I guess I simply have no idea what is going on here. The lady's voice clearly asks me to name my phone after I hit the talk button. I will get a straight answer tomorrow. Thanks all.
Old 08-03-06, 09:16 PM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by psp
For what it is worth I had a loaner ES350 with bluetooth and no Nav. I paired my phone by following the instructions given to me by Louise Lexus (the lady in the car). I did not have to speak or type in anything other than the pairing mode in my phone and the code (1111).
I'm suspecting that the "1111" code to mate a BT phone to the car is universal as that was the code my car gave me also.
Old 08-04-06, 09:39 AM
Celibon
Driver

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
I'm suspecting that the "1111" code to mate a BT phone to the car is universal as that was the code my car gave me also.
Yes the code is universal. It's the same "1111" for my ES350 and my brother's RX350.
Old 08-04-06, 10:04 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

Coleco- Do you have NAV? I do not and when I paired the phone for the first time I had to record a name for the phone. Perhaps the process is different with non-NAV?
Old 08-04-06, 12:31 PM
coleco
Rookie

PaJAHa1 and everyone,

That is exactly correct. I really should have been more specific right from the very start of this thread. I do not have navi in the car and therefore no setup button on the dash. As you know the bluetooth setup for us is through voice commands.. My voice is not recognized.

Update: Took the car to the dealership today, waited about an hour total. They verified there was a problem with either the mic or the chip/software/etc. for the voice recognition. They said they would order some parts and I can make an appointment next week. ( As an aside, I hope this is not how Lexus deals with customers on every issue- make an appt to verify what is being said on the phone. That's taking the long way to do it and I dont really want to make two trips. I was hoping this would be fixed today.

However, its a new car, a very unique problem so I will be flexible. Still love the car. Ill post in the next week or so how the resolution goes. Thanks all for showing interest. On the BMW forums (previous car) I would have been crucified for a problem like this - they are not that kind to newbies. Its nice to see everyone here is helpful and collegial.
Old 08-04-06, 01:15 PM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

***Its nice to see everyone here is helpful and collegial.***

"Could you be a bigger moron?"

Just kidding (of course)!

But I did want to make you feel at home after your BMW forum experience!

lol

Old 08-18-06, 05:24 AM
coleco
Rookie

hehe,

my jaw dropped for a quick sec on the last post. No they were not that bad on the bmw forums - just an elitist attitude by a few. the majority of folks were kind.

got the bluetooth fixed. they took a microphone part from another 07 to fix mine there. they tried to tell me on this second trip that it might take a third trip - they would order parts. i kind of implied i wasnt too happy with my new car experience so far (bluetooth wise that is) and they probably needed to fix the problem on cars on the first visit. im sure they filed that suggestion in the trash.

P.S. not that it matters, but my code was not the standard 1111 indicated on previous posts. cant remember it but it was 4 different numbers.

anyway, have used the bluetooth and think it works fine. also got the xm installed and that is very nice. so im happy!!

just updating this for any future searchers. non navi bluetooth needs voice commands to set up and pair. if your voice commands dont seem to be working on the car and you know the bluetooth phone works from previous bluetooth devices, have it looked at.

Last edited by coleco; 08-18-06 at 07:08 PM.