ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Phone book lock code

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-06, 10:24 PM
almrzm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone book lock code

I have just got my new es 350, 3 days ago. I was able to pair my mobile to the Bluetooth, however, I could not use the phone book!! It always asking for a security code, which it mentioned in the manual is 0000. I've tried that code, it didn't work !!?? now I am stock, How can I use the code???? Please advice

Thanks
Old 08-19-06, 04:29 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently paired my cellphone to the ES's Bluetooth, but I think the Security Code was 1111.
Old 08-19-06, 04:40 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by almrzm
I have just got my new es 350, 3 days ago. I was able to pair my mobile to the Bluetooth, however, I could not use the phone book!! It always asking for a security code, which it mentioned in the manual is 0000. I've tried that code, it didn't work !!?? now I am stock, How can I use the code???? Please advice

Thanks
First off, I believe the universal code for all ES350's is "1111." Try inputting that in your cellphone's Bluetooth setup and I'm sure it will mate with the car then.

Second, I suspect you are with Verizon (as I am). If so, they disable the OBEX function of their Bluetooth phones (or at least it doesn't work with Lexus'...one of the moderators claims the OBEX function of Verizon phones works with BMW's and M-B's but I'm still not convinced) so you'll have to input all the names and numbers from your phone's memory into your car manually.

It's not so awful, just a one time thing, then they're all in there for good.
Old 08-19-06, 07:19 AM
richbutler
Rookie

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
First off, I believe the universal code for all ES350's is "1111." Try inputting that in your cellphone's Bluetooth setup and I'm sure it will mate with the car then.

Second, I suspect you are with Verizon (as I am). If so, they disable the OBEX function of their Bluetooth phones (or at least it doesn't work with Lexus'...one of the moderators claims the OBEX function of Verizon phones works with BMW's and M-B's but I'm still not convinced) so you'll have to input all the names and numbers from your phone's memory into your car manually.

It's not so awful, just a one time thing, then they're all in there for good.
I just read an article about cell phone companies that are charging their customers for every small convenience. Verizon was mentioned as selling their customers a backup plan to save their customer's cell phone contacts on Verizon's database for $5 per month. Verizon, of course, blocks the OBEX function to keep this profitable backup business. I doubt BMWs and M-Bs are any different. In fact, I called Verizon on this issue since I'm a subscriber too. Verizon claims this is a safety/security issue to protect the users from harming our phones. LOL!

I have read on the web about some work-around hacks that you can do to your cell phone to enable the OBEX function. However, they seem complicated and will void any support from Verizon. It is easier to pick up the Cingular service which allows the OBEX function.
Old 08-20-06, 02:47 AM
almrzm
Driver School Candidate

Thank you guys for your reply. But, I have tried 1111 , it didn't work. Also, I am not a user with Verizon. I took the car to the dealer, which also they can't figure it out. Maybe I have to talk to Lexus main office in Japan, any idea what is their support e-mail address? Thanks