ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Smoky Granite Mica Owners....Your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-06, 08:42 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all right. good luck for your swap, rich.
Old 08-20-06, 04:26 AM
dagatone
Driver School Candidate

SGM w/ Black here and definitely no regrets. It is so much easier to keep the black interior looking pristine over time than the lighter colors( I've had the light grey previously) As for the SGM, we get compliments daily.
Old 08-20-06, 05:48 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The SGM is a ***** to keep clean. It's just the way it is for a dark color car. But it is absolutely stunning when clean...no doubt. The gray interior is also stunning with this color. And the dark gray dash really ties in well. The gray mats are impossible to keep clean. I will be purchasing black ones soon.

Care to tell us why you are trading?
Old 08-20-06, 07:41 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am thinking about buying this car and was deciding between the SGM or the TP with black interior. Silver is an easy color to keep clean, I may go with the TP with black. Does anyone have that combo that can tell me what they think? Is it easy to keep clean..both inside and out?
Old 08-20-06, 08:17 AM
redman
Driver School Candidate

Well, looks as though you're getting lots of positive feedback on the SGM decision, and it is a great looking color. After going through the tough "pick a color" thing with our ES350, we decided on the Tungsten Pearl with the light interior. And, while the SGM, and Black, and Red, etc., are all beautiful, we wondered if we'd still feel that way in a year or so? Now after seeing just about every other color on the road since buying our car, we're still very happy with our choice. BTW, I know most of us are not nuts about "clear" car mats. However, we got a pair from our Lexus dealer that are cut specifically to fit the ES350, they're fairly heavy, you can see the carpet and Lexus Logo quite clearly and they've kept the carpet really clean. I believe they're about $60. Not for everyone; but, they work for us! Good luck on the decision.
Be Well,
The Redman
Old 08-20-06, 09:36 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MD350
I am thinking about buying this car and was deciding between the SGM or the TP with black interior. Silver is an easy color to keep clean, I may go with the TP with black. Does anyone have that combo that can tell me what they think? Is it easy to keep clean..both inside and out?
I already posted it before about having TP w/black. Had it for a month, drove a little over 1k miles (dusty Jersey roads), haven't washed it yet, and car still looks like brand new inside-and-out. I did get Lexus heavy duty rubber mats as part of my package, but didn't put them in. Black carpet mats still look clean after a number of friends "test driven" in my car, and my 17-month old daughter in the back seat My previous car was black, and I will never go back!!!

I do agree SGM looks very sharp and distinctive with chrome when its clean, but personally I couldn't keep up with it.
Old 08-20-06, 01:30 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by twister
I'm waiting for Kaius88 to reply Where are you, bizarro bro?

... btw, can't wait to hear your story about the "switch"
Just when i finished reading this thread and was ready to respond, the site went down for maintenance, so had to wait till today.... Many things happened yesterday, so I'll start a new thread for that....

I sure hope richbutler isnt taking my example and running with it. I mean, that has a lot to do with what happened to me yesterday (more details in new thread).

The SGM is really a nice color and not too hard to maintain surprisingly. Because the nature of the paint job, SGM hides blemishes well, especially when it's clean. Today, got my car washed, and I couldnt find my door ding without looking from an angle at 2 feet away. I think that's a nice feature about this color. Grey interior fits well....though black is okay too im sure. If I had a choice to pick another color for the ES350, it would be between Blue Onyx and SGM.,.... but i think SGM would win out cus when you see the greyness, it's really awesome.
Old 08-20-06, 02:57 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by twister
I'm waiting for Kaius88 to reply Where are you, bizarro bro?

... btw, can't wait to hear your story about the "switch"
Just when i finished reading this thread and was ready to respond, the site went down for maintenance, so had to wait till today.... Many things happened yesterday, so I'll start a new thread for that....

I sure hope richbutler isnt taking my example and running with it. I mean, that has a lot to do with what happened to me yesterday (more details in new thread).

The SGM is really a nice color and not too hard to maintain surprisingly. Because the nature of the paint job, SGM hides blemishes well, especially when it's clean. Today, got my car washed, and I couldnt find my door ding without looking from an angle at 2 feet away. I think that's a nice feature about this color. Grey interior fits well....though black is okay too im sure. If I had a choice to pick another color for the ES350, it would be between Blue Onyx and SGM.,.... but i think SGM would win out cus when you see the greyness, it's really awesome.
Old 08-20-06, 04:35 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No complaints here with SGM and light grey interior.
Old 08-20-06, 06:51 PM
beldridge
Driver School Candidate

The truck with our SGM UL, black interior is due to arrive on 8/27. It's going to be a long week ahead.
Old 08-21-06, 04:03 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

My husband's ES350 is SGM with gray interior. He never complaints about dirt; however, he does run it through a touch-less car wash every time he fills up (which is about every 5 days). I think the SGM color is awesome looking and compliments my crystal white IS250 when they are parked side by side next to each other.
Old 08-22-06, 03:02 PM
tkells
Driver School Candidate

After having a number of different colored vehicles in the past, we settled for the SGM, it looks awesome at night. It hides dirt a little beter than black. But like all darker colors it shows scratches easy. Have not noticed swirl marks, but we do wash it by hand everyweek.
Old 08-22-06, 03:10 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Wait has Richbutler revealed details about his swap? Im kinda dying to find out what happened.
Old 08-22-06, 10:47 PM
richbutler
Rookie

I decided to order the SGM with gray interior to replace my Tungsten Pearl with gray interior. I'll have the same setup: Ultra, nav/lev, spoiler, sirius, preferred package, and probably park assist (my current car lacks this feature). It was a tough choice!

It may take a couple of weeks for the new one to arrive before I turn in my current car. I'll try to take some pics before I turn my current car in.
Old 08-22-06, 11:58 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by richbutler
I decided to order the SGM with gray interior to replace my Tungsten Pearl with gray interior. I'll have the same setup: Ultra, nav/lev, spoiler, sirius, preferred package, and probably park assist (my current car lacks this feature). It was a tough choice!

It may take a couple of weeks for the new one to arrive before I turn in my current car. I'll try to take some pics before I turn my current car in.
Wait let me get this straight.... did you just swap in a similar fashion as I did with the MSM? Did you take a depreciation hit and double taxation? What was your motivation?

Quick Reply: Smoky Granite Mica Owners....Your opinion?