ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

DON'T PARK BEHIND AN SUV!! - My tale of Woe

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-06, 01:09 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with everything and Karma will get them.
Old 08-20-06, 04:41 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear the bad news. I am surprised at how many of us have already experienced a ding or more on our cars, and they're just a few months old.
Old 08-20-06, 08:11 PM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Alan, you have my sympathies. As Cablonde said, we're all going to get that first ding/dent/smash that will take away the 'virginity' of our babies.

Yours was just a bit bigger and more dramatic. To look on the bright side, yours demanded an immediate repair so she'll be as good as new when you get her back. For most of the rest of us, we will have to live with that annoying door ding (just remember, it's not a matter of "if" but "when") for months, years or even the life of the car.

You know what they say,"s--- happens."

It'll work out once things get sorted out.

Last edited by PsychDoc; 08-21-06 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-20-06, 09:29 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Alan, the SOB who hit your car will get what he/she deserves. Your Amber is gonna be as good as new, as others have said. If you learn something from each tragedy, it's not a tragedy at all. Cheer up man.... Trust me, you'll feel a lot better after reading what happened to me yesterday. In comparison, this incident makes you the lucky one between the two of us.
Old 08-20-06, 09:37 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trust me, you'll feel a lot better after reading what happened to me yesterday.
What happened??
Old 08-21-06, 06:59 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

Alan- Sorry to hear the news. Those of us that post often on this board seem to have developed a certain bond where we have talked about our cars so passionately that when you hear something bad happen you really feel for the person. Hopefully your car will look good as new and there will be no problems with the insurance. Don't feel as though you could have done something to prevent this from happening. There are stupid drivers EVERYWHERE and even with good drivers accidents can happen.
Old 08-21-06, 08:11 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hopefully, your insurance won't issue you a cancellation notice. I would expect an increase on your next renewal, sorry to say.
Old 08-21-06, 01:57 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by amf1932
What happened??
youll see it in this forum, not hard to miss
Old 08-21-06, 04:22 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Shoot! Sounds like me.........

I'm sure most of you will be terrified of me if you saw me driving my Nissan Titan. Two weekends ago, I completed totalled my husband's parked Toyota while backing up the truck from the garage. Yes, the insurance company totalled it. Fortunately, he was sound asleep at home when it happened.

But good thing came out of it......Now we have a brand new SGM U/L ES350
Old 08-22-06, 04:36 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy cow Cali Girl! Do you always floor it backing out of the garage....or was this just a momentary lapse of sanity?

Well, I guess it's not all bad since he got a new Lexus out of the deal. Kinda like when my boat burned up in the Boatel fire of '99. Took the insurance check and bought a bigger, faster one.
Old 08-22-06, 08:00 AM
CaBlonde
Rookie

I took a buyer out to see property last week and we had to take her minivan because she had a little one in the back. She started backing out of the parking spot of my office and I was thinking to myself, "Isn't she backing out a little fast?" And Bam! She hit this pick-up truck parked behind us. Fortunately for the pick-up truck there was no damage because it was a direct hit on his (or her) tow-ball. As for the baby, he slept through it. As for the minivan, she had a softball size dent in her side bumper and I had to watch the fender flapping in the wind through the side mirror the whole time.

"Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" didn't get much better. On the way back to the office, she cut off this big 4X4 truck when we were turning right. It was a two-lane, right turn lane and she decided to take up both lanes. He sat on his horn for like 20 seconds and Mr. Angry Biker Guy pulled up beside us to yell obscenities. I was so embarrassed and looked at him like "Help me!"

Old 08-22-06, 08:10 AM
crkstr
Driver School Candidate

Be thankful you didn't allow her to drive your new Lexus.
Old 08-22-06, 08:40 AM
CaBlonde
Rookie

Originally Posted by crkstr
Be thankful you didn't allow her to drive your new Lexus.
I know, I got back to my office and told everyone that we got in an accident. Everyone's mouth dropped because they know how I am about my car.
Old 08-22-06, 08:57 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this pisses me off so much. sorry to hear about your smashed up ES. AND IT WAS BRAND NEW!!!

something similar happened to me once. i had been speeding on my way to get somewhere and parked facing an empty spot, on my way over I hit a ton of bugs and i had taken special note of a bug that had died on the very tip of my bumper because i was amazed at how it was still in tact when i parked.

came out and saw this huge dodge ram truck facing my car and the bug was now squished and i could see a slight scratch on my bumper with the rest of the bug on the bottom of his bumper.

i was so pissed off i took out my golf club and almost smashed the guy's window for being such an idiot. my uncle and aunt and cousin asked that i didn't since it wouldn't be christian like.

so i just stole his antenna and left a note - "can't park a big truck - don't drive a big truck."

i should have smashed the guy's window though.

now when I leave and I suspect a parked car near mine will be a problem, I take a quick picture with my camera phone and get the license plate.
Old 08-22-06, 09:57 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CaBlonde
I took a buyer out to see property last week and we had to take her minivan because she had a little one in the back....
Talking about another bizarro experience, but in an opposite way A few years back we were looking at new houses, and instead of following in our car, the real estate agent suggested taking us in her new Acura MDX. She ran through a number of stop signs while looking for a street address. But, when she actually run through a red light, we had to fasten our seat belts in the back seat to be prepared for anything Than, we had another experience with a different real estate agent (an older lady in her late 60's/early 70's) who couldn't drive faster than 30mph even in 55mph traffic. That was the longest drive ever, and both my wife and I refused to see any other listings that day with her

Quick Reply: DON'T PARK BEHIND AN SUV!! - My tale of Woe