ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

What happened to Kaius88 yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-06, 11:36 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope the best for you and your family, In my opinion as long as it is feasible and non-detrimental to both parties and the children, parents should stay together.. There are always times in life were things get tough, u might not be at home as much and she's fed up with the chores and taking care of the baby... which does happen often
But that’s when every once in a while u should take the initiative and set up a weekend get away.. Have a parent/trusted friend/ ect take care of the baby for the weekend and take your wife out... you don’t necessarily need to go out of town... go to a nice dinner then reserve a nice room at a local hotel and go relax. No baby crying, no bills, no phone calls... believe me it will bring both of you closer and it allows for the intimacy to return to the relationship
Even little things that show her that you still care about her will be enough… many people especially us men, think that we have to do a lot for our partners to appreciate us. When in fact it’s the little things; the flowers u bring home, the extra complement here and there, the note you left on the counter… I’ve just learned that in many instances its not the diamond ring or the car you buy them… it’s the affection and love you show them that keep you happy as a couple… not the possessions
Old 08-22-06, 09:07 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just want to add, you [Kaius88] should consider a nanny or some kind of a housekeeper. From everything that you have described before, it sounds like you are doing really well financially, so this shouldn't be a problem for you. Taking a baby off your wife's hands or just someone to take care of everyday house duties should definitely off-load a lot of pressure from your wife and will allow her to get out of the house to boost her moral and spirit. Or maybe even consider daycare for a baby? Something as simple as that can make a world of difference in your case!!!

Regarding postpartum and her staying with a baby at night, she really needs to see a professional and get some counseling. The longer it will continue, the harder it will be to change anything. Another alternative, since it sounds like your wife is paranoid at night to make sure your daughter is OK, is to get a video monitor. I think it can give her some piece of mind. In a year or so, your daughter will be ready for a pre-school, your wife will have to let her go. Of course, everything is easy said than done, but PLEASE do not give up and go seek some counseling. I'm fortunate enough (and this thread makes me appreciate my wife even MORE!!!) not to relate to your experience, but from other replies (such as Cali_girl) - it sounds like you are not alone and this is not the end of the world, but rather a wake up call.

We're all here for you, bizarro bro!!!
Old 08-22-06, 10:34 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twister
Just want to add, you [Kaius88] should consider a nanny or some kind of a housekeeper. From everything that you have described before, it sounds like you are doing really well financially, so this shouldn't be a problem for you. Taking a baby off your wife's hands or just someone to take care of everyday house duties should definitely off-load a lot of pressure from your wife and will allow her to get out of the house to boost her moral and spirit. Or maybe even consider daycare for a baby? Something as simple as that can make a world of difference in your case!!!

Regarding postpartum and her staying with a baby at night, she really needs to see a professional and get some counseling. The longer it will continue, the harder it will be to change anything. Another alternative, since it sounds like your wife is paranoid at night to make sure your daughter is OK, is to get a video monitor. I think it can give her some piece of mind. In a year or so, your daughter will be ready for a pre-school, your wife will have to let her go. Of course, everything is easy said than done, but PLEASE do not give up and go seek some counseling. I'm fortunate enough (and this thread makes me appreciate my wife even MORE!!!) not to relate to your experience, but from other replies (such as Cali_girl) - it sounds like you are not alone and this is not the end of the world, but rather a wake up call.

We're all here for you, bizarro bro!!!
hey Bizarro bro, we actually had the luxury of having grandma take care of the baby for several months, but grandma got exhausted and went back to her retired life. Right now we have a part-time nanny to care for the baby while my wife works at home. I mean this is really a nice arrangement for most people.... If I could telecommute I'd be soooo happy... but i guess grass is always greener... I'm not sure if I'm doing all that great financially...I mean i am still at the mercy of my workplace, so they can make me or break me. I'm just kinda exhausted as of late, and wife is too. We will definitely try counseling and try to do something fun for a change. Life is too short to be miserable. Im going to try my best this time.

I really thank everyone in the thread for contributing and speaking out. You guys are my virtual family, and I am truly grateful.
Old 08-22-06, 11:36 AM
Celibon
Driver

Kaius88, I have not the wisdom nor experience to add to what others have commented, but I'm glad to see that you and your wife decided to work it out.

Hope to hear more fun stories from you
Old 08-22-06, 05:09 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good stuff. At least you're both sensible and willing to work it out.
Old 08-22-06, 09:26 PM
cyke
Driver School Candidate

Kaius88,

So many good advice have been said already so I just hope it all works out for you and your family.

cyke
Old 08-22-06, 10:01 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

I'm happy to hear the two of you are working things out. Good marriage takes work and trial & error to make perfect. No marriage is 100% perfect......or I'll marry myself.
Old 08-23-06, 08:29 PM
dshahs420
Pole Position

I guess good marriage needs communication and compromise, good to see that you guys are doing both.