ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Front license plate, necessary?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-06, 10:26 AM
toneman
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZaKapitan
I dont know how this got off subject, ut I've got something to say about the front license plate:

You've got a 2007 model car. It's 2006. Why in the WORLD would you even put the license plates on in the first place so soon?

you don't have to have a front license plate if you haven't recieved your plates yet!
As I alluded to in one of my earlier posts, it wasn't so much the issue of mounting the front license plate (once it arrives), but rather, the issue of the front license plate mounting bracket being installed at the dealership during vehicle prep. Personally, I prefer the front end (specifically, the front bumper) of my ride to have a smooth, uncluttered appearance...and the front license plate bracket does nothing to allow that.
Old 09-14-06, 08:29 PM
Snowhite
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by toneman
As I alluded to in one of my earlier posts, it wasn't so much the issue of mounting the front license plate (once it arrives), but rather, the issue of the front license plate mounting bracket being installed at the dealership during vehicle prep. Personally, I prefer the front end (specifically, the front bumper) of my ride to have a smooth, uncluttered appearance...and the front license plate bracket does nothing to allow that.
I'm with you on that point Tony....Having a licence plate mounted on the front bumper looks like crap and really spoils the style and design of the front end which I love so much. I'm doing what someone else said and I'm just keeping the paper registration in the window instead of putting either plate on....That is, until someone FORCES me to do otherwise!
Old 09-15-06, 03:09 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Snowhite
...I'm doing what someone else said and I'm just keeping the paper registration in the window instead of putting either plate on....That is, until someone FORCES me to do otherwise!
LOL!!! That's what I've been doing w/ the last few vehicles I've purchased new--namely, leave the paper registration on the windshield and not install the front license plate when it arrives. MOF--my SUV still has the paper reg on the windshield and no front plate since I first bought it back in 2003...and I've yet to have been pulled over for it.

Hmmm...wonder how long I can get away w/ no front and rear plates on my ES 350? After all, it's a first-year model of the latest ES generation...
Old 09-26-06, 06:26 AM
Mako1
Driver School Candidate

I used an after market license plate bracket on my previous car (Nissan 350Z) and plan on buying one for my ES, I am sure that it will work by mounting it through the lower air dams. This will help keep a cleaner look to the car without having the plate be the main focal point. I have attached a link if anybody cares to check it out.

[URL="http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=ZEE-BRCT"]
Old 09-27-06, 09:40 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

In Mexico, all states have two plates...this causes a lot of headaches for gringos who brought vehicles south of the border and only have one plate. The police have given many of us a hassle about it, but all of our vehicles come under federal jurisdiction not local down here.

Speaking of those DRLs...in the RX300s there is a resistor (a male/female connection) underneath our batteries that one can just pull apart and no more DRLs. I kept my DRLs even then.