ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

My Tungsten Pearl with 35% tint

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-06, 01:06 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Tungsten Pearl with 35% tint

I'm not the greatest photographer and the scenary is not as "picture perfect" as I've seen in other posts But, just wanted to show a few shots of my car with a tint I just recently got. This one is 35% all around. Yeah, I got front windows done too (kids in NJ, don't try that at home ) at my own risk. Its either all or nothing, otherwise it looks terrible with just back windows.

It seems that we can't attach multiple pictures in one post (at least I'm not able to do that ) so I will post a few replies back-to-back with all the shots.
Attached Thumbnails My Tungsten Pearl with 35% tint-tp-es350-1.jpg  
Old 08-26-06, 01:07 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

another shot
Attached Thumbnails My Tungsten Pearl with 35% tint-tp-es350-2.jpg  
Old 08-26-06, 01:08 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

and another shot
Attached Thumbnails My Tungsten Pearl with 35% tint-tp-es350-3.jpg  
Old 08-26-06, 01:10 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

and one more!!!

Depending on which angle you are looking from, front windows could be lighter or darker. BTW, I have a black interior, so thats also contributes to a tint
Attached Thumbnails My Tungsten Pearl with 35% tint-tp-es350-4.jpg  
Old 08-26-06, 01:37 PM
rx7_fan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

twister, I have TP too and I was wondering what color is your tint? Is it black? I was thinking of getting light blue for my TP, the same color BMW and MB usually tint their cars. Should I do that or just get the typical black color?
Old 08-26-06, 02:32 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Tint it black. I would not recommend you getting a blue tint. At least, BMW/MB I've seen with a tint doesn't really have a tint film, but rather a factory polarized glass (that light tint is "baked" into the glass). I don't think a light blue film on top of your windows will look good on TP. Just my opinion.

BTW, it was very tempting to go with a darker low percentage tint, but I wanted to keep front windows lighter so that cops can see a "driver" - me
Old 08-26-06, 02:36 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the pics, I just picked my TP up today. On my previous auto, the tint had lines on the inside caused from the windows going up and down. It happened to all 4 windows and the dealer said it is the design of the car and the tightness down in the window well behind the panel. It was an Acura.

So, my question is this......have you seen any lines in your tint as of yet, caused by lowering the windows?
Old 08-26-06, 03:09 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

That is a BS. Was dealer the one who installed the tint? Any reputable place with an experience will do a perfect job with a lifetime guarantee.

Either way, I had a tint on my previous car for 8 years ('98 Altima SE) and I have seen some terrible jobs on other Altima's. There is no problem in here. I did wait for 2 days before rolling the windows down. Also, it probably took a total of 3-4 days for all the moisture bubbles to disappear. Now, its perfect!!!

Just for the reference, the whole job here in Central Jersey cost me $190.
Old 08-26-06, 05:10 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

congrats bizarro bro. looks great! how long did it take to do the work? can you wait while they do it? Thats not a bad price at all....im tempted.
Old 08-26-06, 05:50 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

The place where I got it done is really popular with luxury cars, and they do tinting only on Wed and Sat. Dropped it off in the morning, went with my wife and daughter to Sesame Place, and picked it up at the end of the day (I did it last Sat). I'm sure different places have different policies, just make sure they have been around for awhile and offer lifetime guarantee.
Old 08-26-06, 05:56 PM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice looking car there, Twister. The tint really contrasts well with the silver.
Old 08-26-06, 09:37 PM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Very very sharp looking.

Great pics BTW.

This reaffirms my sense that tinting really does become a lighter color car.

And for under $200!?

Very nice deal there.
Old 08-26-06, 11:21 PM
rx7_fan
Driver School Candidate

I've been reading tint on the detialing lexus club forums, and those guys are talking about ceramic tint that cost $400? is that worth it?
Old 08-27-06, 03:58 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Very nice, I drive around Jersey alot and I went with 15% all around, the next time I will do 5% in the back and 15% up front, and if I ever do have a problem with the cops I'll have my eye doctor write me a note

Tint is the last thing a cop will just write a ticket for but when and if you get pulled over just put the 2 front windows down, I have gone through several check points and never a problem

Price will vary but I perfer to pay more and have a good job then pay bargain prices, could you mention what place did it
Old 08-27-06, 05:27 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tinting a nav car

Has anyone heard of using a special kind of tint material on cars with nav? A buddy of mine has nav in his car and the tint shop said they must use a tint with a certain kind of material. Anyone else heard this?

Quick Reply: My Tungsten Pearl with 35% tint