ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Sun Shade for the front

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-06, 06:08 AM
rboyle23
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sun Shade for the front

So while I was at the dealership the other day, I went to get a sun shade for the front while my car is parked at work. I asked the parts guy if it would fit and he said yes. Well, this morning, I went to put it on and it is too small and wont sit in the front correctly.

My question is, does anyone have one that fits right and could they point me in the right direction on which one to get.

Thanks
Old 08-28-06, 06:31 AM
PDG810810
Rookie

Default Sun Shade

What I use on my 350 is generally available at most auto parts stores. They are a flexible rectangular silverized material that can be twisted into a pair of 14" round disks. They then store neatly behind the back seat of the passenger side. I find they fit very well, are inexpensive compared to the Lexus fan fold type, store easier and manipulate well into place.
My 2 cents.
Old 08-28-06, 06:34 AM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

What do you guys/gals think about this?

http://www.autogeek.net/ecsun.html

I want to order one for both my IS and ES.
Old 08-28-06, 07:44 AM
PDG810810
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cali_Girl

Interesting design, but I personally think this solution is better suited for an SUV. It looks like the front windshield vision may be obscured abit on the left and right sides when the shade is retracted. If you end up getting one let us know how it works out.
Old 08-28-06, 07:52 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PDG810810
What I use on my 350 is generally available at most auto parts stores. They are a flexible rectangular silverized material that can be twisted into a pair of 14" round disks. They then store neatly behind the back seat of the passenger side. I find they fit very well, are inexpensive compared to the Lexus fan fold type, store easier and manipulate well into place.
My 2 cents.
EXACTLY the same I'm using!!! I got this flexi-shade at Target for about $8, works great!!! One warning, they have two sizes for a car and for a truck. The "car" size lists ES300/330 as one of the models. I got that, and its too small cause our windshield is slopped down and bigger than a regular one. Exchanged it on spot for a "truck" size and it fits like a glove!!! I'm especially happy since its silver and matches my TP
Old 08-28-06, 10:25 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cali_Girl

It looks like an air-filter. Hmmm....

Not my cup of tea. Keep it simple with a flat sunshade.
Old 08-28-06, 06:24 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CanvasWorks? They do custom shades. They're ok but they tend to sag when it gets hot.
Old 08-28-06, 10:19 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I've had to park in the sun I've worked out where the sun is, then parked my car with the front pointing away from the sun. I then press the rear sunshade button and turn the vehicle off with the sunshade up. This blocks the sun coming into the vehicle through the back window.

Each time I'd done this the vehicle has been really cool inside when I've returned after a few hours. Of course I don't live in Vegas, Arizona or Texas, so this might not work too well down there
Old 08-29-06, 12:21 PM
CaBlonde
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wanderer99
When I've had to park in the sun I've worked out where the sun is, then parked my car with the front pointing away from the sun. I then press the rear sunshade button and turn the vehicle off with the sunshade up. This blocks the sun coming into the vehicle through the back window.
I do the same thing every time I park, at least until the hot days are over. It really does help. I wish they had an automatic sun shade for the front too. One that lowers into a pocket in the dash so you can't see it. Of course, it would only activate while you are in park and automatically go down when you shift into drive. Add that to the Lexus wish list.
Old 08-29-06, 12:44 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wanderer99

Each time I'd done this the vehicle has been really cool inside when I've returned after a few hours. Of course I don't live in Vegas, Arizona or Texas, so this might not work too well down there
wow. thats a great idea. so many ways to keep this car cooler. Ive never owned a dark colored car before this one, so it takes a little learning to keep it cool. So far it has been parked indoors 90% of the time, so havent felt the heat absorption yet.... Summer ends next week...yay... Im sick of the heat. I wish it would snow and rain more often here in LA. I dont really appreciate sunny warm weather.