New ES350 with a short 10-day supply

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-06, 09:01 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts
Default New ES350 with a short 10-day supply

http://www.autospies.com/news/As-pre...-records-8011/

When we told you that the Lexus strategy of having two separate cars in the same price range with two totally different customer targets was brilliant, the naysayers came out in droves.

It's not sporty enough, it doesn't handle like a BMW, its design isn't that striking, it's just a re-badged Camry, were just some of the comments we heard in our blogs.

So who is laughing now?

The management team at Lexus.

Because the new ES is FLYING off the shelves.

There is less than a ten day supply at dealers and they are reaching younger buyers with this new model.

The rest of the manufacturers abandoned the 'luxury only' customer base with cars like the G35, TL and others.

But when you walk in a Lexus dealer if you are looking for sporty, you go for the IS-series and if you want luxury you choose the ES350. We applaud Lexus for seeing an opportunity and capitalizing on it.

Not everyone needs or wants a BMW 3-series or a G35.

Unfortunately for the others, they are just letting these luxury only seeking customers just walk out their doors and over to the local Lexus dealer.

Another coup for the team at Lexus and a new confounding problem for all their competitors...
Old 08-28-06, 09:16 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In posting this you may have answered my question as to why I have been repeatedly mislead by Lexus as to when my defective car will be addressed. They don't have enough vehicles to properly address the serious issues with mine, and/or there may be a short supply in part because they are replacing many vehicles. Mine has engine issues, transmission issue, other issues, but those two are the biggies with mine.
Old 08-28-06, 10:23 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
In posting this you may have answered my question as to why I have been repeatedly mislead by Lexus as to when my defective car will be addressed. They don't have enough vehicles to properly address the serious issues with mine, and/or there may be a short supply in part because they are replacing many vehicles. Mine has engine issues, transmission issue, other issues, but those two are the biggies with mine.
Bob, that's unfortunate that you have to go through all this trouble. Lightning struck you twice: I'm pretty sure that such issues will be resolved and won't happen again.

Perhaps you will get a brand new replacement if you car turns out to be a lemon. Otherwise, I hope that all your issues will be addressed as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Keep us posted.
Old 08-28-06, 10:31 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

I hope the new ES350 doesn't become TOO popular, and they're all over the place. In our neighborhood, which isn't too big, there are already 4 ES 350's. As nice as they are, our area is loaded with RX's and they blend into each other.

Last edited by LexBob2; 08-28-06 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-28-06, 10:53 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I hope the new ES350 doesn't become TOO popular, and they're all over the place. In our neighborhood, which isn't too big, there are already 4 ES 350's. As nice as they are, our area is loaded with RX's and they blend into each other.
Same problem with G35... you see them EVERYWHERE. I was gonna get that but after i test drove both, the ES350 was the winner hands down. The G35 only looks good in coupe flavor, which is not possible for me because i have a little toddler. The sedan version looks a bit weaker. So ES350 wins.

Speaking of too many around...wasnt there a time when camrys were all over the place?
Old 08-28-06, 10:55 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Bob, that's unfortunate that you have to go through all this trouble. Lightning struck you twice: I'm pretty sure that such issues will be resolved and won't happen again.

Perhaps you will get a brand new replacement if you car turns out to be a lemon. Otherwise, I hope that all your issues will be addressed as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Keep us posted.
Thanks Philip for the thoughts on my behalf.
This is the third Lexus ES series for me and I am as shocked and dumbfounded as anyone else might be over my plight.
I should be on here bragging about how great they are, or at least be able to over some kind of significant response, having now owned 3 of them, instead of kind of sad over the lack of follow through and overall circumstance.
Old 08-28-06, 11:20 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

camry has around a 10 day dealer lot lifetime also, theres a thread in car chat. Great news for toyco/lex

IS and ES is a good recipe for the entry level, and it appears to be working great, not all people want sport (BMW) so now you get to pick from two trees with lexus, instead of one tree with everyone else. Magazines said the ES350 is basically unchallenged in the entry luxury market for a car more luxury less sport, and it looks like they were 100% right

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 08-28-06 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-14-06, 09:27 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

And it continues......

Old 09-14-06, 09:35 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

Half the buyers are collecting Social Security... yikes!
Old 09-14-06, 09:56 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PaJaHa1
It's probably a little less than 1/2. There are most likely a good percentage of owners in the 56-62 range (too early for SS) which would bring it the % down a bit. No surpirse though, that the ES skews towards an older buyer group.
Old 09-15-06, 04:18 AM
P0747
Driver School Candidate

Most popular color is black....I wouldn't have guessed that
Old 09-15-06, 05:57 AM
Carbsumer
Driver School Candidate

Seeing those age stats crushed my wife (we're in our early 30s). She thought she was buying a cool car, only to discover that it's the Japanese Buick.
Old 09-15-06, 06:01 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

The data is not surprising. Obviously most people on forums tend to be younger so the polls on this site with color, age etc. should be taken with a grain of salt.
Old 09-15-06, 07:46 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

The data is not surprising. Obviously most people on forums tend to be younger so the polls on this site with color, age etc. should be taken with a grain of salt.
The ES has always skewed towards an older demographic, just like the Avalon. I'm sure the new models of each will bring the average age down a little bit (I'm sure Toyota would like that too), but overall both will tend to be an older owner vs. many other models. As someone mentioned in another thread - Tiger Woods in a Buick???
Old 09-15-06, 08:13 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
The ES has always skewed towards an older demographic, just like the Avalon. I'm sure the new models of each will bring the average age down a little bit (I'm sure Toyota would like that too), but overall both will tend to be an older owner vs. many other models.
The new Lexus designs are bringing younger people to Lexus across all models. Lots of younger people are buying IS, and a more "mature" crowd is getting the ES. This "mature" crowd is really much younger compared to the buying population of the old ES.

I see the same thing will happen with the LS. "Old money" folk used to buy the LS. Those consumers, along with "New money" folk, will but the new LS.

THE OUTCOME:

If these cars provide all the amenities that this "younger" population want, they'll continue to stay with Lexus in the future. That provides pretty good security for Lexus in maintaining the lead in the U.S. luxury market.

Off-topic:

LexBob, how is the ES trauma coming along?

Quick Reply: New ES350 with a short 10-day supply