ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Lexus loaners

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-06, 11:27 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus loaners

So far I have had an RX330 and an ES350 loaner. I was hoping they might have other models....like a hybrid or IS350. I am kinda curious about the IS-class because I see so many of them around. They are the size of a Honda civic, but with a very powerful engine. My friend says I'm too big to drive an IS-class.... I'm only 5'9", 170 lbs.....I've seen guys much bigger get into these things.... Anyway, I pray that my 5k service loaner is an IS350 (or 250).
Old 08-30-06, 05:50 AM
Carbsumer
Driver School Candidate

I'd like an SC as a loaner, but it ain't gonna happen. At least at my dealer, they only give out RXs and ESs. You can always ask for a test drive, though.

And, you may be too old for the IS, but you're not too big. It does have a tighter, almost cramped feeling, but I'm 6'1" and had no problems.
Old 08-30-06, 08:30 AM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Since you drive the ES350, you'll probably not like the IS. It's a completely different drive. With the IS, you feel the bumps and roughness of the road...a sporty ride compared to the smooth ES. Also, it's RWD. I chose the IS because I like my cars sporty, at the expense of smoothless. My husband, on the other hand, prefers the ES over both IS and GS because of leg/head room and ride. ES is better when you have a family of more than 2 because the back is a joke. But I don't care since I'm the only one in the car 99% of the time, and the kids prefer the ES because of the panaramic view. But, I do see tall guys driving IS. My husband is 5'11", and he claims the IS does not give him enough head room to drive comfortably. Others tall guys on the IS forum said they are comfortable in it. I guess it depends on your body proportions.
Old 08-30-06, 10:23 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaius88
So far I have had an RX330 and an ES350 loaner. I was hoping they might have other models....like a hybrid or IS350.
Probably won't happen. Lexus uses the RX and ES since they are produced in high volumes. You may see an IS250, but probably not an IS350 or either of the hybrids. My dealer uses the RX and ES as well, but has one '06 GS300 available.

Just be glad your dealer has Lexus loaners. At my old Lexus dealership, they use to give out Corollas as loaners
Old 08-31-06, 07:42 AM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the IS just may be the best looking car on the road today - one man's opinion. Fast, too, if you get the IS350.

But the ride was too stiff, the visibility too restricted, the rear seat room non-existant, and the overall feel was too snug for me.

Add to that the cost of ownership (multiple-sized tires, mpg, etc.) and I figured the ES350 was a better choice for me.
Old 08-31-06, 08:21 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dreyfus
I think the IS just may be the best looking car on the road today - one man's opinion.
Make that two men's opinions!

Feast your eyes on this baby and tell me it ain't the hottest car you've ever seen! (wish it was mine!)
Old 08-31-06, 09:41 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexucan
Make that two men's opinions!
Make that three! I spent alot of time in the IS forum while I was waiting for the ES to come out. BUT, so glad I waited.
Old 08-31-06, 09:45 AM
Celibon
Driver

Originally Posted by Macklin
Make that three! I spent alot of time in the IS forum while I was waiting for the ES to come out. So glad I waited.
Make that four! If I didn't have to take the rear seat space into consideration I would have bought the IS instead. Not saying the ES is less, because I'm absolutely in love with my ES. It's just that the IS would fit my image better.
Old 08-31-06, 09:53 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Depends on the dealership.

I got an RX400H for my last loaner, although the bulk of their fleet are ES350/ES330 and RX350/RX330. They have had IS300 / IS300 Sportcrosses in the past and suspect they'll do some 2ISs. Never have seen a GS, LS or SC in the loaner fleet.
Old 08-31-06, 05:55 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

How do dealers determine which car to assign to you as a loaner?? I would assume that if you come in for a service with an ES, they would probably also assign you an ES as your loaner..(keeping you in the same class).. I really hoped I could get a GS loaner. I wonder which so-cal Lexus dealers have the largest number of new car model loaners (es350, 2is, 3gs...etc).
Old 08-31-06, 06:55 PM
Lyn06
Driver School Candidate

When I took my ES350 in to have Sirius radio installed, I was given a Camry. I was disappointed but it was late aftertoon and I got what was left. When I came back the next day to pick up my car, I noticed quite a few new
ES350s were being returned by people picking up their cars. I also saw a GS sitting on the line. I would have liked to have had that one since I was considering that model before buying the ES. This is a dealership in San Diego which boasts it has the largest volume in San Diego. Which I think it does. Driving that Camry really made me appreciate my new Lexus. I'm not Toyota bashing. I still own my 2001 Avalon XLS. It's now my teenage daughter's car.

Last edited by Lyn06; 08-31-06 at 06:59 PM. Reason: left something out
Old 08-31-06, 10:21 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dreyfus
I think the IS just may be the best looking car on the road today - one man's opinion.
Make that "5"!
Old 09-02-06, 03:20 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

My dealer uses es350's as loaners. Drive so smooth and is suprisingly quick on the highway I love the keyless start and bluetooth
Old 09-02-06, 03:35 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

at Lexus of Orlando in FL, the dealer told me that if they have a high performance vehicle as a loaner (IS350), people would simply "beat it up". they did have 2 IS 300 a couple of yrs ago and i had one as a loaner and guess what? i had some fun with it. so it perfectly makes sense that they dont lend out a 40000+ car just for people to have fun for the night
Old 09-02-06, 05:44 PM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My ES350 is in for service and unfortunately they'll have to keep it until Tuesday. I miss my car!

I have an IS250 as a loaner. It's a base model that has been through a beating and is so lacking refinement on the inside that I'm not interested in driving it. Johnson Lexus here in Raleigh usually gives out RXs, but I saw at least four IS250s in the loaner pool.

However, the outside is simply stunning. Silver with a black interior. Man, that is one nice looking car!

Quick Reply: Lexus loaners