ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Where to get a good deal in So cal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-06, 02:03 AM
AudiMan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get a good deal in So cal?

Hey fellas, I've been trolling this board for a few days now. Looking to buy an ES350 for my dad. The car i built on the lexus website came out to 40,999 and the invoice price is 36,545. Whats the lowest price i can expect? The dealer offered 1500 below MSRP but i thought that was a rip off. Gonna get SMG/Black. Thanks for all your help!
Old 09-05-06, 03:02 AM
ZaKapitan
Driver School Candidate

looks like I got the best deal on mine so far... I don't know if you'll be able to duplicate it because we were buying two, on the day the dealership opened, on the day before the end of the second fiscal quarter....

But you can call Newport Lexus in Newport Beach and look for Casey, he'll probably be able to work the best deal possible for you.
Old 09-05-06, 08:45 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

I heard Glendale Lexus gives awesome deals. Try them!
Old 09-05-06, 09:31 AM
CaBlonde
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim Falk Lexus in Beverly Hills. Just call the fleet manager, tell him exactly what you are looking for and have them fax you a quote. Be sure to call other dealerships and do the same to compare.

Good luck.
Old 09-05-06, 01:42 PM
AudiMan
Driver

I got quoted 38,272 on an MSRP of 41,499 (@ Valencia). Which is weird, why is the MSRP on the car i configured $500 less than what the dealer has? That is 1700 above the invoice price. UNACCEPTABLE! This was the first price I was given. I'd buy the car for $40.5k OTD TODAY! But I don't see that happening as of right now :-(
Old 09-05-06, 01:54 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

As long as you do your homework and know what the MSRP and possibly invoice price are, you are ahead of the game. Go through their internet sales department and haggle away. No need to waste time going to the dealership.... You can do all of your negotiating via email... When the deal is done, so pick up your car and sign papers... Should take no more than 30 minutes at the dealership.

Lexus of Glendale seem to have really great deals.... check them out. If you need to talk with a sales consultant, ask for Ben Ferrer. This guy is way honest....
Old 09-05-06, 02:06 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiMan
I got quoted 38,272 on an MSRP of 41,499 (@ Valencia). Which is weird, why is the MSRP on the car i configured $500 less than what the dealer has? That is 1700 above the invoice price. UNACCEPTABLE! This was the first price I was given. I'd buy the car for $40.5k OTD TODAY! But I don't see that happening as of right now :-(
When I was shopping for our car I came up with that $500 difference too. Come to find out, for some reason, parking assist got in the mix and that was the $500 difference. I was just at the delaership where we got our car in May, and they had only one unsold ES 350 on the lot - And it's a big dealership. Supply & demand - I bet it's tough to get any kind of a deal there right now.
Old 09-05-06, 02:16 PM
AudiMan
Driver

Yah you're right, I just found out the $500 was for park assist. Thats not a problem, its a handy feature to have anyways. I'd still pay 37.5k plus TTL. I have emailed a few dealers, gonna get one of them to come close to that. I have no problem paying a few hundred dollars above invoice. Some douche tried to sell it to us for 40k plus TTL at Keyes yesterday.
Old 09-05-06, 04:10 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Yah you're right, I just found out the $500 was for park assist. Thats not a problem, its a handy feature to have anyways. I'd still pay 37.5k plus TTL. I have emailed a few dealers, gonna get one of them to come close to that. I have no problem paying a few hundred dollars above invoice. Some douche tried to sell it to us for 40k plus TTL at Keyes yesterday.
At this point in time, if you want to get an ES350, you might pay a couple thousand above invoice. I believe the difference between MSRP and invoice is roughly $5500....more or less. The average deal people have been getting is about $2000 below MSRP. California has more dealerships, so you'll get a better deal, but I have never heard of anyone getting lower than $4800 below MSRP, and that is still about $700 above invoice, and the dealer made decent money from the trade-in for that deal.

Based on your numbers, you are getting the Premium Plus w/ Nav right? You'll have no problem getting it for $37.5k + TTL.... I got my 1st PP+ with no NAV for $34,300 + TTL, so the added NAV + PA shouldn't add more than $3000 to the price. Get lotsa quotes..... im sure you'll score a deal in due time. I suppose supply might affect the equation a bit.... these cars are selling really fast these days.
Old 09-05-06, 04:18 PM
AudiMan
Driver

I got three quotes so far:

1) 38,272
2) 38,372
3) 38,445

Invoice on the car i want is 36,945. Looks like I'm still off by $772 from my ideal price of 37.5k. (MSRP of 41,499)
Old 09-05-06, 08:58 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CaBlonde
Jim Falk Lexus in Beverly Hills. Just call the fleet manager, tell him exactly what you are looking for and have them fax you a quote. Be sure to call other dealerships and do the same to compare.

Good luck.
I recommend against giving Jim Falk Lexus the chance to get the business. I did exactly that, had two conversation with the man I spoke to at Jim Falk Lexus (I won't name him in fairness to him as has no way to defend himself here). He made multiple committments to follow up after I told him exactly what I wanted and that it would be a straight sale (no trade-in) for the ES 350. He never followed up on two different times he promsed to call me back, nor did he return any faxes. When I bought my ES 350, I told him I was a 2nd Lexus owner and wanted to let him know he lost the business. He told me he was really business, I got the UL package, chrome rims, and XM radio at my current dealer (where I purchased my first Lexus). Because I always service my vehicles where I purchase them, not only did Jim Falk Lexus lose the sale on the ES 350, but also years of service on it as well.

This is just my experience. But it's why I'll never give them another consideration again.

Last edited by jeffofla; 09-05-06 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-05-06, 11:05 PM
savon
Rookie

Hey fellas, I've been trolling this board for a few days now. Looking to buy an ES350 for my dad. The car i built on the lexus website came out to 40,999 and the invoice price is 36,545. Whats the lowest price i can expect? The dealer offered 1500 below MSRP but i thought that was a rip off. Gonna get SMG/Black. Thanks for all your help!
You can get the price you want if you are a good negotiator. I am not a good negotiator but I was able to get $3500 off msrp 2 weeks after the car was in the market. Look at edmunds.com or on this forum on what prices people have paid. print out the lowest price people have paid and go to any dealer and ask what price they can give it to you. Try to negotiate and if they dont give your price ( majority of them will refuse your offer) show them what people have paid. When I got my deal, I emailed to 2 different dealership and ask them if they will beat the offer. Both of them said yes. I probably could have got another $500 off. Information is power. If you are financing, make sure you know lowest rate you can qualify before starting to negotiate. Sometimes they give you $1000 off, but then they make financing rate higher. Good luck.
Old 09-05-06, 11:46 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got three quotes so far:

1) 38,272
2) 38,372
3) 38,445

Invoice on the car i want is 36,945. Looks like I'm still off by $772 from my ideal price of 37.5k. (MSRP of 41,499)
my cousin just got one w/ the same MSRP for $375 above invoice at Glendale. she was also offered $500 above at Longo. it took a little bit of persuasion. the other thing is SGM is very hard to come by, so that might be an issue. it's a very popular color now, so dealers cannot easily trade for it, and some won't discount it much. but her deal from Longo was for a SGM/gray. she ended up getting a silver/black from Glendale.
Old 09-06-06, 02:17 AM
cocopops
Pole Position

I got my SGM at below 38k at Crown Lexus @ Ontario in the last week of June. You could try there as well. I have a great experience with my sales guy and could PM you his info if you want. Longo wanted 500 more for the same MSRP car. Try shopping for the car at the month end and also the quarter end as they would probbaly be more willing to deal with you to increase their sales and get better allotment from Lexus. Cerritos is one of the worst and I wouldn't even want to talk abt it. Someting good abt so-cal is the number of dealers we have, so just shop around.
Old 09-06-06, 08:48 AM
CaBlonde
Rookie

Originally Posted by jeffofla
I recommend against giving Jim Falk Lexus the chance to get the business.
Opps, sorry for the bad experience Jeffolfa. Maybe it was just timing or a different guy than I used. Anyway, they worked for me. That is why I recommend getting quotes from different places. You can see who is serious about selling a car. Using them against each other is good too.

Quick Reply: Where to get a good deal in So cal?