ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Still waiting for delivery....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-06, 06:12 AM
Vandam
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Still waiting for delivery....

I ordered my UL Ruby back in the middle of July. It's been 2 months, and they still have not put my car into production...the latest news as of yesterday is that it won't be built until the end of September. That would put delivery to around the end of October.

I keep reading that our friends in the U.S. are able to get right from the lot, although perhaps not the exact model they wanted. Here in Canada there are no ES' available it seems. All the incoming units to my dealership are all already spoken for...this sucks!

At this rate, I won't be getting my ES until right around the time that the snow starts to fly...nice.

Have any other Canadians had better luck sourcing a unit earlier that what I am experiencing? I really want the ES, but I am having a hard time waiting another 6 weeks...

*sigh*
Old 09-14-06, 06:23 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandam
I ordered my UL Ruby back in the middle of July. It's been 2 months, and they still have not put my car into production...the latest news as of yesterday is that it won't be built until the end of September. That would put delivery to around the end of October.

I keep reading that our friends in the U.S. are able to get right from the lot, although perhaps not the exact model they wanted. Here in Canada there are no ES' available it seems. All the incoming units to my dealership are all already spoken for...this sucks!

At this rate, I won't be getting my ES until right around the time that the snow starts to fly...nice.

Have any other Canadians had better luck sourcing a unit earlier that what I am experiencing? I really want the ES, but I am having a hard time waiting another 6 weeks...

*sigh*
Vandam,

It is too bad you are having to wait so long but there might be a bright side to it, maybe your car's transmission will arrive absent the defects in many already built have. And maybe they will adjust the window gaskets etc. for excessive wind noise many already built have, assure no squeeks and rattles many cars have.

In short, your having to wait may save you a lot of headache with defects in a vehicle ironed out before your's hits the assembly line.

I sincerely hope so for you as a result of your having to wait.
Old 09-14-06, 06:43 AM
hoover698
Driver School Candidate

In Texas, the lots are empty. The only cars they have in stock are the GS and RX.
Old 09-14-06, 07:11 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Vandam
Last time I was at the dealership (a month ago) there were two ES350s sitting there just waiting for someone to come along and purchase them. One was a MSM with UL package and the other was an AP - don't think it was UL, if I remember correctly. That was at the Port Moody dealership here in B.C.
Not sure if they are still there.
Old 09-14-06, 08:37 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

That would probably explain the lack of ES's on the road lol. I've only seen a handful and the dealerships here (west of you... by the sea lol) only have one display model.
Old 09-14-06, 09:22 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm actually seeing a lot of ES350 cars on the roads here in Coquitlam and around Vancouver. Lexus of Port Moody had a Tungsten Pearl UL model on the floor earlier this week, it's probably still there. Lexus of Richmond usually have a lot of ES cars as well.
Old 09-14-06, 11:19 AM
BobBass
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

If it makes you feel any better, my dealer has absolutely NO ES350's on the lot other than the demonstrator. Not even any non-UL's.

These cars are still hot and practically go right from the trailer to a buyer. Ticks me off because if there was a glut on the market, I'd buy one NOW.
Old 09-14-06, 01:09 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wanderer99
I'm actually seeing a lot of ES350 cars on the roads here in Coquitlam and around Vancouver. Lexus of Port Moody had a Tungsten Pearl UL model on the floor earlier this week, it's probably still there. Lexus of Richmond usually have a lot of ES cars as well.
Maybe they're all in Coquitlam then lol. I haven't seen very many, especially in Richmond which would be the first place to look for any new car haha. So far, I've seen 1 Amber Pearl, 1 base SGM, 1 Golden Almond premium, several TP in premium and UL form, and two MSM both premium pack. A Ruby Red resides in Rmd Lexus but I don't know if it's still there.
Old 09-14-06, 03:04 PM
Fat Cat
Driver School Candidate

Just spoke to the salesman on the weekend. The ES are in short supply. If we place the order now, delivery will be sometime in December!!!
Old 09-14-06, 05:32 PM
Vandam
Rookie

I phoned the Port Moody dealership based on advice given above. They have 1 UL in stock...Moon Shell Mica. I think I'm gonna pass on this one. The tester unit I drove before ordering my RR was MSM and I wasn't too crazy about it.

I may have to keep telling myself that 6 weeks..isn't very long..yeah right!

Old 09-14-06, 06:18 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

wow. heh, yeah it's quite pink. It's a nice colour for sure, very soft and elegant but not something I'd choose.

It's okay. I ordered my Prius on 15th Sept 2004 and got it on 25th Oct 2004 so I waited nearly as long.
Old 09-15-06, 10:16 AM
Vandam
Rookie

Update...

I spoke with the dealer I have the RR on order with. They are prepared to provide me with a rental car until my Lexus finally comes in. My main concern with waiting another 6 weeks is that I have already sold my existing vehicle, and would be without transportation shortly. They've stepped up and offered this to keep me happy, and to help me during the wait.

Overall I feel that this is good customer service, and not something I asked for, nor expected. Kudos to Lexus!

Now all I have to do is wait...
Old 09-15-06, 12:39 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

wow! That is good customer service. It's the little things that they do just to make life that bit easier and less stressful.