ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Dealership games

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-06, 05:07 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, I heard of these "free vacation giveaways". We used to get tons of calls "You have won a vacation". True, you win a free stay in the hotel, BUT that has a catch too where they book a flight for you (and will charge you triple price), and you will have to pay taxes while staying. They can also give you $10 certificate to some restaurant (obligating you to go in there cause you have a certificate) while you end up spending $200 minimum cause its way overpriced.

The only time we "won" a short vacation was during one of those "timeshare" presentation trips. We went to some fancy place in MA (close to ski resort), spent 3 hours going through presentation, told them we are only there for a free "vacation" and don't care about timeshare ownership, and after that had a great couple of days staying in a very fancy place and even getting a free food voucher
Old 09-17-06, 05:32 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by twister
Oh, I heard of these "free vacation giveaways". We used to get tons of calls "You have won a vacation". True, you win a free stay in the hotel, BUT that has a catch too where they book a flight for you (and will charge you triple price), and you will have to pay taxes while staying. They can also give you $10 certificate to some restaurant (obligating you to go in there cause you have a certificate) while you end up spending $200 minimum cause its way overpriced.

The only time we "won" a short vacation was during one of those "timeshare" presentation trips. We went to some fancy place in MA (close to ski resort), spent 3 hours going through presentation, told them we are only there for a free "vacation" and don't care about timeshare ownership, and after that had a great couple of days staying in a very fancy place and even getting a free food voucher
I also went to a timeshare presentation in Sedona, AZ and was told that I'd receive $100. After spending over 3 hours listening to their pitch they finally gave me a check for $100. The only problem was that it had to be cashed in Scottsdale, AZ........about 100 miles away! Oh well, you live and learn.
Old 09-18-06, 02:01 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just for this I am NEVER buying a Mazda again. Well....actually I'd never buy a mazda again anyway cus once you drive a Lexus, you'll never go BACK!