ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Dealership games

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-06, 01:46 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership games

ok this might be a little off topic, but it involves an auto dealership so in a way it's related.

I just got a game piece in the mail from Browning Mazda. It says if the scratch 'n win game piece is a winner, then I get $7500. Well i scratched and won. So I called to see if they are full of ******. The promoter told me to come down to Browning tommorrow and claim my prize. I told him that nothing on the game piece indicates that I need to do anything besides just come down and claim my cash. He says they will honor it, and hope that I would consider putting my winnings towards a brand new Mazda....if not it's okay also. Then I bluffed I'll prolly bring my lawyer just in case. He responded "good...he can help you count the money".

I am skeptical, but I am also curious. I wonder what length they would go through to deny me the $7500 winning. I am prepared to make some complaints if they wanna play games. So I will drive 30 miles to see if this is legit. If not, then I just wasted a few gallons of gas and 1.5 hours of time. If it's legit, i'll be real glad. I mean when i see stuff like this I usually toss in the trash can. One time a vacation promoter said I won a Jeep and all I have to do is go and claim my Jeep after a 4 hr orientation. I passed, but my friend went. It turns out, after 4 hrs, they enter your name in a drawing for a Jeep, so no guarantees. I wonder if I'm gonna get played this time around. We'll see... I'll keep you guys posted.

To get back on the subject.... I think Lexus is having a special promo event for the new 2007 models where they'll give out cash and prizes...can anyone confirm?
Old 09-15-06, 02:01 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't believe it.......in this world you get nothing for nothing.
Old 09-15-06, 02:30 PM
jegoodman
Driver School Candidate

Get your microscope out to read ALL the terms and conditions. There's got to be a catch.
Old 09-15-06, 02:54 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

come on now, nothing is free in US
Old 09-15-06, 03:03 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

I hate to add to the scepticism but yeah, check for other strings attached such as $7,500 cash (back) if you buy a base Mazda3 or something like that. But then again, it could very well be a nice gesture from Browning Mazda. Keep us posted.
Old 09-15-06, 03:08 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

exactly...nothing is for free.... thats what I say. But im curious to see how they attempt to weasle out of this one. I have combed the flyer and game piece with a magnifying glass and cant see anything suspicious. So if they deny this ticket, I have grounds to complain to the BBB or make a really big deal out of it. Look for me on national NEWS!
Old 09-15-06, 07:11 PM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

You'll get $7500 alright. If you consider $7500 off the price of a new Mazda. I can almost guarantee you that's what's going on here.

Mazda has been running huge promotions so I'm virtually certain this has something to do with the purchase of a new car.

You'll see.
Old 09-15-06, 07:57 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaius88
... It says if the scratch 'n win game piece is a winner, then I get $7500. Well i scratched and won.
Here is my guess as to what will happen: You will find you have indeed won $7500, No strings attached. $7500 Mazda Money that is.

Unless the ticket mentions cash, they can probably give you any type of $$ they want. Including something they had printed up on their copy machine.
Old 09-15-06, 08:09 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

I'll bet you $7500 that every game piece they mailed out (prolly thousands of them!) is a "winner". Don't fall for it. It's a scam, a sham, and a no good con game!!!

But in the unlikely event that you do actually get the money...can I have half?
Old 09-15-06, 09:54 PM
Celibon
Driver

Even if it means you get $7500 off a Mazda car's MSRP, it's still too great a deal. There must be a catch.
Old 09-15-06, 10:42 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

the thing is...im curious to see what the catch is. I have scrutinized the game piece and flyer for a long time, and based on what I know about advertising law, they gonna have hella time wiggling out of this one. So even though I am skeptical, I'm really curious how they plan to deny me. If they can legitimately turn me down, that's one more lesson learned for me. Browning is the largest Mazda dealer in LA....so i am really looking forward to this fight.
Old 09-16-06, 01:47 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any updates? Did you visit the dealer today?
Old 09-16-06, 03:53 PM
wdlugitch
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

He went to the dealer, they took his game piece, and put him in the trunk of the Mazda...........and that is where he is now.
Old 09-16-06, 09:24 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Son of a gun....they must have had a bunch of lawyers' input on this. It's a scam....but a legal one. You see, the game piece says if you match 3 symbols, you win $7500. But it doesn't say what symbols. When I went to the dealership, there was this little poster at the prize desk. My game piece has 3 gold bars. The poster indicates that in order to win $7500 cash, you gotta have 3 money stacks. So I argued I have 3 symbols as required on the game piece to win $7500, but the lady tells me everyone has matching symbols and the difference is the level of prizes. I guess someone can sue them if people were mad enough. Apparently the gold bar prize seems to appeal to most of the people there.... It's a 3-day 2-night stary at Windham Hotel at any city of your choice. Since I dont travel much, I dont really consider this a cool prize or anything. So I left with the hotel certificate, and yelled "This is bull******....". So as expected...it's a scam.
Old 09-17-06, 04:53 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kaius88
Son of a gun....they must have had a bunch of lawyers' input on this. It's a scam....but a legal one. You see, the game piece says if you match 3 symbols, you win $7500. But it doesn't say what symbols. When I went to the dealership, there was this little poster at the prize desk. My game piece has 3 gold bars. The poster indicates that in order to win $7500 cash, you gotta have 3 money stacks. So I argued I have 3 symbols as required on the game piece to win $7500, but the lady tells me everyone has matching symbols and the difference is the level of prizes. I guess someone can sue them if people were mad enough. Apparently the gold bar prize seems to appeal to most of the people there.... It's a 3-day 2-night stary at Windham Hotel at any city of your choice. Since I dont travel much, I dont really consider this a cool prize or anything. So I left with the hotel certificate, and yelled "This is bull******....". So as expected...it's a scam.
What a great way to earn contempt, scorn and anger for the marque you represent. If Mazda USA is aware of this they should be mortified. If they're not aware of this someone should bring it to their attention and this reprobate dealership should be severely censured.

Dispicable, just dispicable. The State Dept. of Consumer Affairs should be appraised of this, as should the State Attorney General's office.

Quick Reply: Dealership games