ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Nav. System Data Disc

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-06, 08:30 AM
old timer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nav. System Data Disc

Can anyone tell me the latest version of the Navigation System Data Base. My March build date has a .05.1 disc. I recently had Nav. system up-graded for the improved VR functions. Now VR function works pretty good but when Nav. screen is displayed the tip of red indicator/pointer does not line up with street intersections. (Seems to indicate actual location is several hundred feet before you get to intersection when you are actually in intersection.
Old 10-09-06, 10:16 AM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Try to re-calibrate and see if that solves your problem.
Old 10-09-06, 10:42 AM
old timer
Driver School Candidate

Default Nav. System Data Disc

Originally Posted by jeffofla
Try to re-calibrate and see if that solves your problem.
I tried that and it only "holds" the re-calibrated position for a very short time. Do you think my described condition is normal?
Old 10-09-06, 11:52 AM
chaunceysf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by old timer
Can anyone tell me the latest version of the Navigation System Data Base. My March build date has a .05.1 disc. I recently had Nav. system up-graded for the improved VR functions. Now VR function works pretty good but when Nav. screen is displayed the tip of red indicator/pointer does not line up with street intersections. (Seems to indicate actual location is several hundred feet before you get to intersection when you are actually in intersection.
My ES was special ordered from Japan and has an August build date. It came with the newest nav system build - 6.1. You can check the generation of your nav system through one of the "set-up" menus (I don't remember exactly which one).
Old 10-09-06, 12:19 PM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I just had the VR warranty change done as well on my May build date and have noticed the exact same thing. What's up with this?
Old 10-10-06, 02:51 PM
old timer
Driver School Candidate

The more I work with the Nav. system the more I believe the original Gen 05.1 data disc is not totally compatable with the improved VR unit. For the first several blocks the position indicator shows the car running parallel to the street and always a couple of hundred feet from the street. Position shown after stablization is always short of intersection. Question? Without the VR improvement do owners with either Gen 5 or Gen 6 units have units that provide exact intersection locations when parked in intersections?
Old 10-11-06, 03:06 AM
cleblanc
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dreyfus
I just had the VR warranty change done as well on my May build date and have noticed the exact same thing. What's up with this?
This is one more reason I'm glad I didn't do this. I had it scheduled for a couple weeks ago and backed out the day before when I read that it would disable the Volume override sequence. What is up with that?
Old 10-11-06, 05:58 AM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The more I work with the Nav. system the more I believe the original Gen 05.1 data disc is not totally compatable with the improved VR unit. For the first several blocks the position indicator shows the car running parallel to the street and always a couple of hundred feet from the street. Position shown after stablization is always short of intersection. Question? Without the VR improvement do owners with either Gen 5 or Gen 6 units have units that provide exact intersection locations when parked in intersections?
My Nav was spot on before the VR fix. Now the map runs a few yards behind the actual position.