ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

New Low 0-60 Mark...6.1!....

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-06, 12:11 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by onsknht
That slip is from another Camry owner, I'm not sure what equipment they ran, but I would assume based on the timing marks provided he's on a pro tree... I think that owner lives in CA?

When I run in the spring it will be at....

http://www.chicagolandspeedway.com/c...=ZIqabif2k&N=f
I must have got confused when I read where it says my time slip...my bad.

I looked throught their site for the speedway, and it looks like they only use the pro tree system, which is a major PITA for a lot of vehicles. Basically as soon as you see those lights flash, you better go.

I prefer a sportsman system, where I can regularly clock with .500s.

This can have a drastic effect on times in competition, but if you just run solo (if possible) then you try both power braking and my way of give it just a little gas and then mashing it.
Old 10-12-06, 12:39 PM
onsknht
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexmex
I must have got confused when I read where it says my time slip...my bad.

I looked throught their site for the speedway, and it looks like they only use the pro tree system, which is a major PITA for a lot of vehicles. Basically as soon as you see those lights flash, you better go.

I prefer a sportsman system, where I can regularly clock with .500s.

This can have a drastic effect on times in competition, but if you just run solo (if possible) then you try both power braking and my way of give it just a little gas and then mashing it.
No my bad, I should have quoted rather than highlighted... lol

Anyway, since I'm only going to "use" the facility on test and tune nights, I'll get to experiment a little... TRAC ON vs OFF, Burnout vs No Burnout, Brake Torque vs No Brake Torque, Intake vs Open Intake, lose some weight (thinking rear seat removed, spare w/carpeting and divider removed, small amount of fuel) and adjusting tire pressures.

I'll definitly try bring the rpm up below the converter lock and give it a whirl too! I race a lot of straightline on the ice with snowmobiles, there's definitly merit to bringing the rpm up below clutch engagement. In fact, I'm labeled a cheater many times because I can get such a good hook on most guys... In many cases I literally jump 4-5 sled lengths within the first 75ft!

Should be fun and I think my boy will get a kick out of it... I look forward to discussing my results on these forums.
Old 10-12-06, 02:11 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

No my bad, I should have quoted rather than highlighted... lol

Anyway, since I'm only going to "use" the facility on test and tune nights, I'll get to experiment a little... TRAC ON vs OFF, Burnout vs No Burnout, Brake Torque vs No Brake Torque, Intake vs Open Intake, lose some weight (thinking rear seat removed, spare w/carpeting and divider removed, small amount of fuel) and adjusting tire pressures.

I'll definitly try bring the rpm up below the converter lock and give it a whirl too! I race a lot of straightline on the ice with snowmobiles, there's definitly merit to bringing the rpm up below clutch engagement. In fact, I'm labeled a cheater many times because I can get such a good hook on most guys... In many cases I literally jump 4-5 sled lengths within the first 75ft!

Should be fun and I think my boy will get a kick out of it... I look forward to discussing my results on these forums.
In my RX I have PWR/SNOW and I leave it on SNOW with the overdrive button off. My idle is 750 rpm and I bring that up to just a little over 1,000 RPM.

Snowmobiles are far out man. My father grew up in Calumet City and there was a park near there that we would take a snowmobile when we would go up to visit my grandmother.

I was leaning toward using this turbocharger in a project I want to use with my RX300, but notice the snowmobiles they turbo with it.

http://www.hiperturbo.com
Old 10-13-06, 07:07 PM
onsknht
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexmex
In my RX I have PWR/SNOW and I leave it on SNOW with the overdrive button off. My idle is 750 rpm and I bring that up to just a little over 1,000 RPM.

Snowmobiles are far out man. My father grew up in Calumet City and there was a park near there that we would take a snowmobile when we would go up to visit my grandmother.

I was leaning toward using this turbocharger in a project I want to use with my RX300, but notice the snowmobiles they turbo with it.

http://www.hiperturbo.com
Ooooohhhh yeah buddy!!! They're putting them turbos on 4-strokes with two settings... Trail and YOW! 185HP for running and 245HP for lake racing, and RELIABLE too! On a 600lb machine, it must really be fun and in fact may be a new project in the near future for me, I've been 2-stroke N/A all along buying machines with 150+HP out of the box... Simple tweaks net more, but clutching is where it's at most of the time. I will step up to 4-stroke turbos soon! BTW - Just recently heard a 1000cc 2-stroke hit 303HP with a shot and that included well over 180ft/lbs of push!
Old 10-14-06, 12:40 AM
SDLS430
Rookie

Dudes are running their Camrys at the track and getting real good results... I live about 5 miles from Rt66 raceway and will try a few runs during their test and tune sessions. Unfortunatly these are closed for the season so I'll have to wait until the spring... Below is from one Camry owner's timeslip.

This is exactly how my time slip reads and these are altitude corrected times:

My reaction time was .111

I1: 2.259

I2: 6.227

I3: 9.429

MPH (I3): 77.039

I4: 12.084

E.T. 1/4 Mile: 14.456

MPH: 97.839

Remeber that this run was with half a tank of gas on 91 octane with no octane booster and traction control on.

I will be going back to the track sometime next week and will run it with a little less than a 1/4 tank with 104 octane booster, removed spare tire, and disabled traction.

Hopefully I'll be somewhere in the very low 14's.

BTW that night I beat many G35's that had an intake.

Another thing some of you ES owners might want to be aware of... The airbox intake is highly restrictive having two parts, a low speed and a high speed intake circuit... There is no cutting/modding involved, but holding a flapper valve open, removing resonators and covering holes with tape has netted some real good results... Look for the aftermarket to provide a complete solution soon, but basically all this crap being removed is there to keep intake noise down. If you can deal with a little more noise for some more HP, I'm betting intake and exhaust mods will get Camrys breaking into the 13s.
I remember going to the track back in the 90's and watching vettes, RX-7's, and turbo Z's running times like those.