ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

iPod shuffle onnection

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-06, 09:44 AM
OAKPLANK
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink iPod shuffle onnection

Does anyone know if the iPod shuffle can be connected to the auxiliary iPod port and if yes, will the steering wheel buttons control the iPod shuffle ?

I didn't order the Navigation and Levinson system on my ES350.
Old 10-15-06, 10:40 AM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OAKPLANK
Does anyone know if the iPod shuffle can be connected to the auxiliary iPod port and if yes, will the steering wheel buttons control the iPod shuffle ?
It is my understanding that the iPod aux port allows no control over the iPod whatsoever, other than perhaps volume. You'll have to operate the iPod directly. That's why Dice & VaisTech have a market for their products, which will work with non-nav equipped cars.

The iPod Shuffle should connect and work as well from the aux port as any other MP3 player would.
Old 10-15-06, 01:51 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used the Shuffle in the ES350 and confirm its operation. In fact it is such an "easy" load that it sounds terrific. Better with the ML than with the stock, but I am biased.

In case you are wondering, you will need a 3.5mm male/male interconnect of 3 feet or less (you don't want a whole bunch of wire to tangle with) -- try radio shack or any old electronics store, it does not have to be an expensive one. I ran the volume control on the Shuffle at about 2/3 of max volume and adjusted the volume with the cars volume control.

To my knowledge there is not a VaisTech unit compatible with the shuffle (other than on an open aux input, if applicable).
Old 10-15-06, 03:53 PM
OAKPLANK
Rookie

Originally Posted by psp
I have used the Shuffle in the ES350 and confirm its operation. In fact it is such an "easy" load that it sounds terrific. Better with the ML than with the stock, but I am biased.

In case you are wondering, you will need a 3.5mm male/male interconnect of 3 feet or less (you don't want a whole bunch of wire to tangle with) -- try radio shack or any old electronics store, it does not have to be an expensive one. I ran the volume control on the Shuffle at about 2/3 of max volume and adjusted the volume with the cars volume control.

To my knowledge there is not a VaisTech unit compatible with the shuffle (other than on an open aux input, if applicable).
How do you power the iPod shuffle ? When you mentioned that I will need a male/male 3.5mm interconnector, I'm assuming that this is to connect the earphone to the Lexus's audio input. The iPod Shuffle has a USB power connector.
Help me understand your connection.

oakplank
Old 10-16-06, 06:33 AM
psp
Pole Position

There is no power connection for the Shuffle in the car. You will need to charge it the old fashion way. And yes, I used the headphone jack on the iPod to the aux input in the center console. I have not looked in some time but there may be a car lighter power adaptor for the shuffle that you might use.
Old 10-16-06, 09:06 AM
sk72
Pole Position

Originally Posted by psp
There is no power connection for the Shuffle in the car. You will need to charge it the old fashion way. And yes, I used the headphone jack on the iPod to the aux input in the center console. I have not looked in some time but there may be a car lighter power adaptor for the shuffle that you might use.
I just installed Dice Electronics on my ES330 for my IPOD nano. The fix takes about Hour but the end results are superb..

1. IPOD charges with the connection
2. IPOD turns off when you shut off your vehicle
3. Full Control of IPOD is available either through your HU or Steering Wheel
4. PlayList Navigation
5. Song Navigation
6. Has extra Aux Input on device

Best part.. it is 159.99 a lot cheaper than Vaistech.. for those who cannot afford Vaistech..
Old 10-16-06, 10:16 AM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That's a significant price savings. Does the Dice unit also have the I AGREE button auto selection?
Old 10-16-06, 12:35 PM
psp
Pole Position

The Nano is not the Shuffle, two entirely different beasts. The connector for the shuffle is a male USB connector, not the same as the Nano or the 5th gen. No interconnect cable is needed on a PC, just plug the unit into the USB port