ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Taking advantage of your new ES350

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-06, 10:42 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking advantage of your new ES350

There was this lady driving a big SUV while yapping away on her cell phone. She had no regard for the road or other drivers, as she was going 20 mph on the left lane during light traffic period. I was right behind her and was getting real annoyed. So I floored it and cut her off from the right side. From the rear view mirror, I saw her jump and drop her phone. I thought to myself "wow....the power of the ES350" I went from 20 mph to 40 mph in literally 2 seconds, which I would never have been able to do with my previous car. This was on a slight incline also, so it takes real power to accelerate like that.

5 hours later, as I was driving home, some freak made a left turn from the right lane on a 3-lane road. I was in the middle lane, so I hit the brake as he zoomed by. That was scary. The brakes on this ES350 is really impressive actually.

Trying to calm my nerves, I turned on the ML to volume 30 for the first time. Ya know what? I heard sounds that I never heard before. I guess the subs dont really kick in unless you crank it up a bit. Now I can FINALLY appreciate the ML sound system, as I couldnt really distinguish the ML performance vs. the standard audio before.

Conclusion, you appreciate this machine more if you correctly take advantage of its potentials. I suspect many users, like me, don't really push this car to its limit. It's an amazing car!
Old 10-20-06, 01:35 AM
cocopops
Pole Position

haha. Kaius, you are a very interesting guy. Great to have you as an active poster and contributor to the ES350 forum. Do be careful when driving in the stop and go traffic that we have here though I dont have ML so I wont dip into that. Keep it up, mate.
Old 10-20-06, 05:29 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, there is one and only Kaius!!! How is your wife doing? I do miss those early stories
Old 10-20-06, 08:47 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol. Don't bug him.

Well, you found out 3 things in one day? Not bad hehe. You can thank the woman on the phone and the idiot in right lane haha
Old 10-21-06, 02:31 PM
MR.FG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have to agree with you on the power, it is right now stuff I don't have ML so I have to crank the premium up, this car is smooth, fast and fun.
Old 10-22-06, 01:14 AM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

agree about that power... giving rides to my freinds i love to show off the car a bit by flooring it on an empty street... though i really wish to have the car chiped to get ride of the delay you get betwwen flooring it and the power kicking it.... but as far as teh braking goes... i must say the ES350 brakes feels really spongy....
Old 10-22-06, 12:34 PM
glock22x
Driver School Candidate

I definately love the power, great for merging on highways or passing those idiot drivers on the road. Last time some guy on the highway with a Passat wouldn't let me merge for some reason, he just kept speeding or slowing down to block me So I just stepped on the gas and cut him off. He had the 'wtf' look on him when I did. Guess he never expected such a large car to have such power.
Old 10-22-06, 03:14 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by glock22x
I definately love the power, great for merging on highways or passing those idiot drivers on the road. Last time some guy on the highway with a Passat wouldn't let me merge for some reason, he just kept speeding or slowing down to block me So I just stepped on the gas and cut him off. He had the 'wtf' look on him when I did. Guess he never expected such a large car to have such power.
What a coincidence...a Passat driver was doing that to me on a local street last week. I couldnt pass him cus it was 1 lane each direction. He was driving extra slow to **** me off. Then when the road branched, I pulled next to him and he stuck his tongue out at me and sped off. This was west hollywood...and it was a passat with a dude driver. Someone was feeling catty that morning.
Old 10-22-06, 04:29 PM
glock22x
Driver School Candidate

Hey Kaius88, I guess Passat drivers have something against people driving SGM colored ES350 with grey interior hahaha
Old 10-23-06, 09:51 AM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

You guys who enjoy cutting people off, you better be careful, especially here in Los Angeles/Orange County. I was driving the ES350 with a friend two weeks ago, and this crazy woman in a Mercedes was going like 45 in the fast lane of I-5 hitting south to OC. Of course, everyone in OC drive fast....and I'm no exception, but 45 in the fast lane is pushing it when the speed limit is 65. Anyway, I moved over to the right lane and then cut her off in the fast lane....well, not quite cut her off because I did signal. She was also concentrating on the cell phone and didn't pay attention to the road. She was totalled ticked when I did that. So, she got off the phone (I could see the steam on her face), went to the right lane, speed up and cut me off on the fast lane. That was totally uncool since I almost hit her. I honked....then she slowed down to like 40 again....just to tick me off. The idiot just wouldn't move any faster, so I gave up, trying to avoid a road rage and moved over to the right lane. Well....what do you know? The idiot cut me off to the right and went 40 again. Okay, at that point, I knew I was dealing with a pyscho. So I changed lane to the right, and there she go again, tried to cut me off, but this time I was totally prepared and then speed up to proceed back to the left lane using the ES350 aceleration power and speed up to like 95 before losing her.

So, the moral to this story.....please be careful. It would had turned out pretty bloody ugly if I continued playing her game.....although I was in a way wrong for cutting her off in the first place. Most of the time, it's just not worth it.
Old 10-23-06, 10:09 AM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Ever since that incidence, I'm banned from using hubby's ES350. He thinks I'm abusing the power of the ES.
Old 10-23-06, 10:42 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, you ES350 drivers really become maniacs behind the wheel...hehehe

You know the old saying "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" ?

Well maybe there should be new saying - "Lexus power corrupts...with STYLE!"
Old 10-23-06, 02:16 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Cali_Girl

So, the moral to this story.....please be careful. It would had turned out pretty bloody ugly if I continued playing her game.....although I was in a way wrong for cutting her off in the first place. Most of the time, it's just not worth it.
I hear ya caligirl. LA is one wild place for road rage. I guess you just gotta be crazier than the next driver. It pays to be psycho here!
Old 10-23-06, 02:17 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by glock22x
Hey Kaius88, I guess Passat drivers have something against people driving SGM colored ES350 with grey interior hahaha
its the same guy! was your guy kinda chubby with a goat-T and glasses? He musta been dumped by his boyfriend recently.