ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Speakers just stopped

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-06, 12:45 PM
blissful
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers just stopped

As the title states my speaker just stopped operating yesterday. I've had the car for about only 3 weeks. My mp3 was playing perfectly fine when the speaker stopped producing any sound. The radio, aux, and cd are all operating perfectly fine since I see it running on the screen, so I believe the speaker is the problem. But the sounds for the navigation and phone works perfectly fine. What could be the problem?
Old 10-20-06, 02:48 PM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blissful
As the title states my speaker just stopped operating yesterday. I've had the car for about only 3 weeks. My mp3 was playing perfectly fine when the speaker stopped producing any sound. The radio, aux, and cd are all operating perfectly fine since I see it running on the screen, so I believe the speaker is the problem. But the sounds for the navigation and phone works perfectly fine. What could be the problem?
When you say, "speaker" I assume you mean all the speakers.

If you're still getting sounds through the speakers via other sources, then it must be the audio unit. It could be as simple as a loose connection or as serious as a failure in the audio system's output.

Looks like a trip to the dealer is in order.
Old 10-23-06, 10:39 PM
blissful
Driver School Candidate

Just got it back from the dealers today, but they were not able to fix the problem because it occured due to a Sirius radio installment. Well, I never installed it personally so they believe the dealer I purchased the car from, Longo Lexus, must've installed it before the car was delivered to us. I hope that is the only problem. :T
Old 10-24-06, 05:04 AM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blissful
Just got it back from the dealers today, but they were not able to fix the problem because it occured due to a Sirius radio installment. Well, I never installed it personally so they believe the dealer I purchased the car from, Longo Lexus, must've installed it before the car was delivered to us. I hope that is the only problem. :T
They "were not able" to fix the problem or they "wouldn't" fix the problem? Are they saying you have to go back to Longo Lexus to get this resolved?
Old 10-24-06, 07:42 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The issue is whether the repair is covered by warranty, thus a free repair.
Old 10-24-06, 08:10 AM
Lyn06
Driver School Candidate

When I had Sirius installed this summer by the dealer, the same thing happened to me. On the drive home after having it installed, the audio went out. I took it back and they said it was something with the install of Sirius. Once they pulled the Sirius out, the audio worked fine. They re-installed Sirius with the correct part and everything has been great.