ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Bluetooth address book

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-06 | 03:11 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Default Bluetooth address book

I cant seem to find the answer to this anywhere, so if yall can help me out.

I just got an "import" phone from my T-mobile dealer. They were not willing to give me a Razr after only 1 year of contract expiration, since they already gave me a nice samsung phone a year ago. Anyway, I took the import, which is the Motorola L6, with all the bells and whistles but no warranty. It's cool since it only costs $100 to get another one if it breaks....cant complain.

Ok....so i was trying to transfer my contact list. It only allows me to transfer 1 name at a time. Is this a phone issue or the bluetooth program issue? It is a real pain, but i think i can eventually finish...

The sound quality is awesome...both ends. The person on the other end couldnt tell i was inside my car. The sound placement feels as if the voice were coming straight out of the speaker in front of the steering wheel. Right now the control feels a bit cumbersome, but i think its due to lack of practice. Can anyone give any special tip on using the bluetooth phone system efficiently? Thanks.
Old 10-22-06 | 04:30 PM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Kaius88, My experience would indicate that the Lexus system seems to be very picky on the format of the phone book for a sucessful transfer. I have a Treo 700p and initially had the same issue as you. It would only transfer two entries from my phone. I found that I had to reformat my phone book to not use parenthesis or spaces. In other words, I had to change from a format of (xxx) xxx-xxxx to xxx-xxx-xxxx. After I changed the format on the phone, it uploaded the entire phone book with no problems. You might try a few and see if that helps.

Pete
Old 10-22-06 | 04:57 PM
dreyfus
Racer

Because I have Verizon and they don't allow phone book transfer I had to type my entire phone book in by hand. Then I had to type it all in by hand again after they changed out my display in the VR fix. Arrgghh!

So transferring only one name at a time doesn't sound too bad too me (though I agree that it should all simply transfer at once).
Old 10-22-06 | 05:03 PM
ESsearch
Pole Position

My Treo is on Verizon and I was able to transfer an entire category of the phonebook (102 records) at once after reformating as previously described.

Pete
Old 10-23-06 | 07:26 AM
dreyfus
Racer

Originally Posted by ESsearch
My Treo is on Verizon and I was able to transfer an entire category of the phonebook (102 records) at once after reformating as previously described.
Really?!! Phonebook transfer is disabled on mine. You can't even start it.
Old 10-23-06 | 12:40 PM
SDLS430
Rookie

Originally Posted by dreyfus
Really?!! Phonebook transfer is disabled on mine. You can't even start it.
me 2. Maybe we need to downloan the latest software.

sam
Old 10-23-06 | 02:12 PM
static
Driver

This link will take you to a lexus site where you can get info about the car / phone capabilities.

Some phones can synch the entire address book, some only single entries and some (like my blackberry) can't do either.

http://www.lexus.com/models/ES/acces...bluetooth.html
Old 10-23-06 | 03:49 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Kaius88--I can't speak about the Moto L6 since I've never operated one in-depth, but I can offer that w/ my Moto V3i (unbranded), it is not possible to BT-transfer its entire phone book to the ES 350 in one shot...I don't know for sure if it's just a function of my particular phone model, the Lexus BT functionality, or if I just haven't yet discovered exactly how to transfer the entire phonebook at once. However, it is possible--at least with my V3i, I must emphasize--to transfer two (or was it 3--I have a pretty bad memory) numbers at once...if they're attached to the same contact; i.e., if you had a name entry that had multiple phone numbers (e.g., home/work/cell), the Lexus BT will accept a transfer of three phone numbers at once.

It sucks that with my Moto V3i it is either not possible to transfer the entire phone book at once or I just haven't figured out how to do so...but at least it sure beats transferring your phone book one telephone number at a time!
Old 10-23-06 | 04:42 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by toneman
Kaius88--I can't speak about the Moto L6 since I've never operated one in-depth, but I can offer that w/ my Moto V3i (unbranded), it is not possible to BT-transfer its entire phone book to the ES 350 in one shot...I don't know for sure if it's just a function of my particular phone model, the Lexus BT functionality, or if I just haven't yet discovered exactly how to transfer the entire phonebook at once. However, it is possible--at least with my V3i, I must emphasize--to transfer two (or was it 3--I have a pretty bad memory) numbers at once...if they're attached to the same contact; i.e., if you had a name entry that had multiple phone numbers (e.g., home/work/cell), the Lexus BT will accept a transfer of three phone numbers at once.

It sucks that with my Moto V3i it is either not possible to transfer the entire phone book at once or I just haven't figured out how to do so...but at least it sure beats transferring your phone book one telephone number at a time!

I am under the impression that the Lexus bluetooth system can accept whatever gets transmitted to it. I mean, it actually waits for a transfer to happen during transfer mode. If only I could highlight more than one name on my phone, then I can just choose to transfer data and we should be all set. Oh well...not too bad. I can live with transferring one at a time, because after the first few it gets kinda easy to do.... i think it's 3 taps on the nav screen and 2 taps on the phone.
Old 10-23-06 | 07:14 PM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Maybe it worked for me because the Treo is a PDA type phone. From the "Contacts" feature, the menu allows you to transfer the entire list (or a sub-category if you set the phone that way) via infrared or Bluetooth.

Pete
Old 10-24-06 | 09:02 AM
Mr. M
Driver School Candidate

I have Nokia 7610 and i couldn't transfer the whole contact list or even more than one name i only could transfer one name at a time .
Old 10-28-06 | 07:05 AM
Hennessy
Driver School Candidate

FOR KAIUS88
If your salesman have been working for Lexus since 2004. Ask he or she if they have a Sony-Ericsson T-608 or T-610, this was the very first phone that Lexus recommended. Just pair this phone to your Navigation and take out your SIM-CARD and put it in this phone. This phone will transfer the whole phone book. If not, you can buy one from E-BAY that can read, T-Mobile, Cingular, AT&T and Alltell SIM CARDS.

Last edited by Hennessy; 10-28-06 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-28-06 | 07:09 AM
Hennessy
Driver School Candidate

KAIUS88, if you live in CA, please call LONGO LEXUS @ 626-580-6200 and ask for the Korean Fleet Manager, his name is Yong Chung, he have the Sony-Ericsson T-608 phone that can transfer the whole phone book.