ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Bravo Dealer!!! Best Halloween Ever!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-06 | 12:25 AM
Inocen1
Driver School Candidate

Hi Bob,
I've been a watcher of your threads for about 3 months now as I wait for my ES to come in. Your posts are going to arm me well when I go to pick up my new ES. I wanted to thank you for that and say CONGRATULATIONS on this great resolution to your problem.
I do wish we could get some pictures of where the plugs need to be for the wind noise problem, and maybe pictures of possible fixes for those who are still suffering with it or will be possibly facing it in the future like myself. it would be awesome if you could do anything like that.
Either way, enjoy your new ES!
Matthew
Old 11-01-06 | 01:37 AM
Celibon
Driver

Congratulations man. After what you've been through, you really deserve a ride that's a true example of Lexus quality.
Old 11-01-06 | 04:22 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Way to go Bob! Congrats!! Now go out and enjoy your new ride.

Can't wait to hear details. Not your original dealer? Wish we had some Lexus dealership competition in this area.
Old 11-01-06 | 05:24 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by e-man

This thread is worthless without pictures. Congrats Bob.

e
e-man, Mr. FG, Twister,

Pics when I can, not set up for that but will at some point post some, PSP has a car like mine I believe and has posted a shot or two to give you an idea in the meantime.

I really like the side mouldings, give a sportier look to the car and they appear great for another vehicle opening the door against the car. And you need shades when viewing the car in bright sunlight as the chrome pops big time against the black.

Kaius..thanks and yes darn near all of them but others have as many and we all have to be supportive of them, that is one thing about this forum, though distressed there are people rooting for you and it helps.

Inocen...There are many on here who will help you when you need it, just post for it and they will respond, me included. I believe you can rely on your dealer, if you are not sure of plugs even after help here, call and ask can you stop by for twenty minutes as a courtesy call not an official svc. dept appointment and they will help you.

Celibon..Thank you and for sure thank you for that poll you constructed, when I was the most down about my car I could look at it and see where others are dealing with their cars and it did help me to understand I could deal with mine if they could. Great poll by the way and oh yes I used it to demonstrate I was far from alone with concerns. Some dealers review this and they learn from it, I see JM Lexus on here a lot, probably one of the hardest working dealers at least where Shannon lets members know they are on here by posting and interested. I'm sure there are other dealers who review and learn too.

Mack..I intend to relish this new car experience, the other was anything but as you know, right now though I really cannot stop smiling. And no, not original dealer which is the most amazing part, a real whirlwind of immediate resolution to months of car misery, over within hours. And best, a guarantee, I bought it there, I service it there and they handle everything, I don't need to ever again. And on a humorous note, from one there, proudly announced "OUR cars are gremlin free" which cracked me up and was said only as a joke not serious since it was Halloween.
Old 11-01-06 | 06:07 AM
dreyfus
Racer

Very, very good news. We're all glad to hear it. You were overdue.

So was this Lexus of Orlando? What exactly did they do for you? Details, man! It sounds like they traded your lemon for a new ride. How did it all go down?
Old 11-01-06 | 07:17 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dreyfus
Very, very good news. We're all glad to hear it. You were overdue.

So was this Lexus of Orlando? What exactly did they do for you? Details, man! It sounds like they traded your lemon for a new ride. How did it all go down?
dreyfus,

Yes it is Lexus of Orlando and I can tell you they practically gave me a car to replace the one I had.

Here is how they operate from all I can tell and witnessed: I was not happy, they knew of it no matter what the reasons were, and were, pardon the analogy, as the Borg from Star Trek Voyager, I will be assimilated into an extremely happy Lexus owner, period. Simply put, they want only happy owners no matter who sold the original, they didn't care about that at all, didn't even phase them they didn't make a sale months ago, though one did say ...OUR cars are gremlin free, always buy them here...LOL. And that service department there for more than a decade has had me bragging on them to anyone who would listen as it was and when I was in trouble with this car they treated me as though their dealership sold me the car, no difference though initially I had concerns about that since they didn't sell it to me, but unfounded concerns they were, and extremely patient people.

It started by me more recently asking of that dealership was there anything reasonable that could be done, a return call from me yesterday and the whirlwind of resolution. They went above and beyond and then some in response!!!!
Old 11-01-06 | 07:35 AM
Mr. M
Driver School Candidate

Congratulation Bob. i'm really happy for you.
Old 11-01-06 | 07:41 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. M
Congratulation Bob. i'm really happy for you.
Thank you Mr. M it is nice to hear from so many on here.
Old 11-01-06 | 08:51 AM
coolcow
Driver School Candidate

Congratulations, Bob! Enjoy your new ride! Really happy for you. :-)
Old 11-01-06 | 10:47 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

All I can say is....

Congratulations!!!!
Old 11-01-06 | 12:59 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Does that mean the end of all those "whiny" posts about how Lexus isn't giving you a fair shake regarding your vehicle issues? j/k!!!

Congrats on finally winning the war after "losing" all those battles dealing with your original dealership and w/ corporate!
Old 11-01-06 | 01:52 PM
e-Mel
Rookie

Thumbs up Conratulations Bob

Hope you finally get to enjoy just how nice an ES really is. I too have the black (but black interior) and you are right - the gloss of the black paint and trim chrome is outstanding. The polished graphite wheels also pop out. Black does require more maintenance than light colors but IMHO nothing looks better when clean. I wash mine by hand every week. The panels on the ES are all smooth so washing it is a breeze. Again best wishes.
Maybe you will start posting some of your (knock on wood) upcoming positive experiences. God knows this forum can use them.
Old 11-01-06 | 02:18 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by e-Mel
Hope you finally get to enjoy just how nice an ES really is. I too have the black (but black interior) and you are right - the gloss of the black paint and trim chrome is outstanding. The polished graphite wheels also pop out. Black does require more maintenance than light colors but IMHO nothing looks better when clean. I wash mine by hand every week. The panels on the ES are all smooth so washing it is a breeze. Again best wishes.
Maybe you will start posting some of your (knock on wood) upcoming positive experiences. God knows this forum can use them.
cool..I'm already enjoying it and thanks

md....I'm still smiling, soon all the neighbors will be wondering what I'm up to smiling so much.

Tone...it is a relief and I can tell you the neighbors, several friends and my entire family are in awe of the dealer. As for whiny posts, well, I can tell you that if you had a car like mine was, whining might have been taken to a whole new level...LOL....BTW: Whisper quiet is the new LS cold started on the showroom floor with me within 15 feet of it thinking they should not start it in the room for the noise it would make, whisper quiet is what was at start and it is as it rolled outside.

e-mel...Yes, the black is hot, the side mouldings look really good, I suggest anyone thinking of adding them or ordering with, go right ahead, they do give a sportier look to the car. As for needing positive posts on here, I hope this one of mine falls under that catgeory for sure. When I first came here though the fact I was not alone with engine and wind noise concerns at that time, later other issues, made me feel a whole lot better. I suppose for those who got good cars it can be taxing, but believe me dealing with posts is a cakewalk when compared to having a car with issues which is in a word, horrible. Hang in there e-mel over time the posts will improve.
Old 11-02-06 | 10:32 AM
sk72
Pole Position

Bob...

First of all.. congrats on your new vehicle.. I am sure you must be still smiling and all of us are very happy for you.. Patience Pays Off.. a lesson I will never learn haha ..

Anyways I am just curious as others here.. the guys over at Orlando just swaped your car 1:1 ? which I am sure no other dealer offerred you? no money out of your pocket? .. if this is true.. bob.. trust me I will be smiling for a long time

Take care and enjoy your new ride.. Lexus.. boy they rock!!
Old 11-02-06 | 12:13 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sk72
Bob...

First of all.. congrats on your new vehicle.. I am sure you must be still smiling and all of us are very happy for you.. Patience Pays Off.. a lesson I will never learn haha ..

Anyways I am just curious as others here.. the guys over at Orlando just swaped your car 1:1 ? which I am sure no other dealer offerred you? no money out of your pocket? .. if this is true.. bob.. trust me I will be smiling for a long time

Take care and enjoy your new ride.. Lexus.. boy they rock!!
sk72,

Yes I am still smiling and while nobody asked me not to discuss financical details I just don't like doing that anyway. But see original post content, only a total moron would not allow them to trade out of a car.

They are amazing people there and as I said I had bragged on the service department there for more than a decade as it was to anyone who would listen. Now I'm bragging on the sales side too...LOL

They don't get into things like what may or may not have been wrong with the other car, instead, they look you right in the eyes, smile and say you will be happy, it's very important that you are happy.

I'm certain there are other dealers of cars out there who are as thoughtful, but for me, if it is on wheels and has a Lexus emblem on it, it will forever be purchased and serviced at Lexus of Orlando. I will NEVER forget or fail to mention to others, thinking of buying a Lexus or other in that class, what they did for me.