ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Preparing for arrival...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-06, 11:19 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandam
I *was* planning on buying the extended warranty. Now, I'm not too sure. The price to extend it to 7 years is roughly $1800 Canadian. Not chump change for sure. I'm kind of waffling back and forth, as I really don't know if I need it.

I'd appreciate hearing from some of you that have faced this same decision. Did you or didn't you?

Oh, while I think about it, what about the paint protection package..is this worth the investment as well?

I didn't buy any additional warranty or paint protection because I felt I would likely trade within the time frame of existing of free coverages listed below. If you plan to keep it for 6 years plus or put more miles than 70,000 within 6 years then maybe but you could likely bank the 1800 and draw interest to cover stuff after that runs out or view the 1,800 you might have paid would go a long way to pay for something that might happen and save the expense of not spending it now.

The basic coverage is 4 years 50,000 miles

powertrain 6 years 70,000 miles

corrosion and perforation 6 years unlimited miles
Old 11-16-06, 12:33 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Vandam,

Isn't today the day? We want details!!!!
Old 11-16-06, 05:10 PM
Vandam
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Vandam,

Isn't today the day? We want details!!!!
Well, it was supposed to be today, but my ES won't be arriving at the dealer until Monday. I had a call from my salesman yesterday morning with the good news...it is confirmed on Monday's truck!

I'll be getting a call once the truck arrives at the dealership. I only work 5 minutes away, so I'm hoping to be able to get there while they are taking it off. I want to get some pictures from start to finish.

They have to do the PDI, install the XM satellite and also do the 3M hood protector, so I have to wait until Wednesday afternoon to pick it up. My appointment is at 2:00...

I recently got a new Canon D-SLR camera so pictures to follow I promise!

Old 11-16-06, 05:46 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Well, it was supposed to be today, but my ES won't be arriving at the dealer until Monday. I had a call from my salesman yesterday morning with the good news...it is confirmed on Monday's truck!

I'll be getting a call once the truck arrives at the dealership. I only work 5 minutes away, so I'm hoping to be able to get there while they are taking it off. I want to get some pictures from start to finish.

They have to do the PDI, install the XM satellite and also do the 3M hood protector, so I have to wait until Wednesday afternoon to pick it up. My appointment is at 2:00...

That's good news, finally a set arrival.
Old 11-16-06, 06:59 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smart move on the 3m bra. I have it, I do a lot of highway miles and the front of my car looks NEW at 5K miles.

By the way, what color interior did you choose? I saw a Ruby/Black UL. The black looked so good with the glass roof on the ruby!! I was jealous. I am sure the tan interior looks great also.
Old 11-16-06, 07:32 PM
Vandam
Rookie

Originally Posted by MD350
Smart move on the 3m bra. I have it, I do a lot of highway miles and the front of my car looks NEW at 5K miles.

By the way, what color interior did you choose? I saw a Ruby/Black UL. The black looked so good with the glass roof on the ruby!! I was jealous. I am sure the tan interior looks great also.
I ordered Ruby UL with the black interior. Most of the pic's I've seen of the Ruby were with the Cashmere interior, so I was a little nervous special ordering without actually seeing it first. I do hope it looks good!

MD, did you get your side mirrors 3M'd as well, or only the hood? I asked my salesman if they did the mirrors as well, he said no, but if I wanted it he would get it done at their expense...not sure if it's a good idea or not.

Oh, BTW, how is the XM satellite? Do you like it?

Last edited by Vandam; 11-17-06 at 06:02 AM.
Old 11-17-06, 08:32 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

I ordered Ruby UL with the black interior. Most of the pic's I've seen of the Ruby were with the Cashmere interior, so I was a little nervous special ordering without actually seeing it first. I do hope it looks good!

MD, did you get your side mirrors 3M'd as well, or only the hood? I asked my salesman if they did the mirrors as well, he said no, but if I wanted it he would get it done at their expense...not sure if it's a good idea or not.

Yes, my side mirrors, hood, headlights, and full bumper are all covered. I love it and recommend it highly.

I love the XM, had it on my previous Acura. The display on the NAV is fantastic, it displays the artist and the name of the song. Very happy with the service from XM. I am sure Sirius is just as good.

As to Ruby and black, I have seen it in person. Very sharp!! With the black glass roof on the black interior, it will look GREAT!! Just my opinion!!
Old 11-18-06, 08:12 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Vandam and MD,

If it is easy for you to do what would be great to see is pics shot from driver seat looking up and out glass, that perspective, so if you can manage a few of those to give the rest of us an idea of driver persective and view that would be nice. Of course taken while parked not while driving...LOL
Old 11-18-06, 09:03 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Vandam and MD,

If it is easy for you to do what would be great to see is pics shot from driver seat looking up and out glass, that perspective, so if you can manage a few of those to give the rest of us an idea of driver persective and view that would be nice. Of course taken while parked not while driving...LOL
View from the inside is the exact same as a non UL model. We have the same cut out for the front sunroof. I did read that the headroom in UL models is slightly larger.
Old 12-29-06, 08:08 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

These are all great tips!

In addition to listening for the diesel engine clatter at cold start, you should also observe the transmission for any spiking or slipping between gear shifts.

I would also check to make sure the front and rear doors are aligned!
Old 12-29-06, 08:57 PM
Patric
Pole Position

I don't believe you have to buy the extended warranty right away. I think you can wait until the factory warranty is about to expire before doing anything but I could be mistaken about this.

I would drive the car awhile and see how I felt about it before I made my decision.

Pat
Old 01-20-07, 10:59 PM
LS4Lexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by psp
11. Assure that you have the cargo net, floor mats, and leather key fob cases.
The ES350 comes with leather key fob cases??
Old 01-21-07, 04:34 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS4Lexus
The ES350 comes with leather key fob cases??
Mine did.
Old 01-21-07, 05:50 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by amf1932
Mine did.
Mine too. Never use 'em, but got 'em.
Old 01-23-07, 08:28 AM
static
Driver

Lots of good info here, but for my new Lexus all I did to prepare was kick the jeep out of the garage!

Next new one, I'll check this website first.