ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Tint experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-06, 03:17 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First car that was the same color as mine that i have seen tinted. Looks great. I've been too scared to do it, just because of the bubble issue.
Old 11-15-06, 03:30 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh forget the bubble issue tint it man!
Old 11-15-06, 03:43 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jeffofla
First car that was the same color as mine that i have seen tinted. Looks great. I've been too scared to do it, just because of the bubble issue.
Jeff are you in the LA area or up north? Song's is in LA and many so-cal members here have used them. They are true masters of this skill. They guarantee their work so no worries. you shouldnt worry about air bubbles if its done right. My tint is fully cured now (4 days no touch no roll). The wet streaks are gone and it looks fantastic. Now i get less morning sun in my face when i drive... a great investment indeed.
Old 11-16-06, 07:33 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

heh.. it would be cool if me, kaius and jeffofla arrive at the same time.. we all have SMGs, though mine is only a PP+. Kaius, how long do you have to wait over there?
Old 11-17-06, 12:02 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cocopops
heh.. it would be cool if me, kaius and jeffofla arrive at the same time.. we all have SMGs, though mine is only a PP+. Kaius, how long do you have to wait over there?
Coco, you need to call them first to make appointment if you plan to do it during the weekend. They get pretty busy so you wanna reserve your time slot. Their facility can accomodate 2 cars at a time. It takes 2 people 2 hours to finish the job. You can wait in TV area and watch TV or take a nap. I walked outside to see if i can hangout somewhere.... nay....unless you like hanging out at a liquor store across the street selling $1 beer (24 oz.). That area is a rough neighborhood....so go there before dark.
Old 11-17-06, 03:47 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I might do it... if I could stop traveling so much. For example, right now I'm in Boston and my pretty little SGM ES is sitting in a parking garage at LAX.

Seriously though, what did you pay Kaius88.

The three of us should form a convoy on the 405 with out tinted windows and then people will think we're something important
Old 11-17-06, 04:26 PM
Vandam
Rookie

Anyone with Ruby Red get the windows tinted?

I'd love to see pictures if at all possible.
Old 11-18-06, 07:46 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vandam

I think any UL with tinted windows will look great with the dark tinted glass roof.
Old 11-18-06, 06:35 PM
Sickwitit
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vandam

I'll post in a few day's
Old 11-18-06, 06:41 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

On my previous Acura TL, I tinted the windows and over time the tint got grooves (vertical lines) in it from the window going up and down. Happened on all 4 windows. Dealer said it was the design of the car. Window tint guy said it was the car too. Nevertheless, I lived with it. You could only see it from the inside.

My question is this.....is anyone experiencing this on their ES350? This is the only reason I have been holding off on tinting my windows.
Old 11-19-06, 10:16 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MD350
On my previous Acura TL, I tinted the windows and over time the tint got grooves (vertical lines) in it from the window going up and down. Happened on all 4 windows. Dealer said it was the design of the car. Window tint guy said it was the car too. Nevertheless, I lived with it. You could only see it from the inside.

My question is this.....is anyone experiencing this on their ES350? This is the only reason I have been holding off on tinting my windows.
A little too soon to tell.... maybe eventually but lets hope not.

I took my car to the dealership for 5k service. I told them to refrain from washing the inside of my windows cus i got new tints. The guy said they have to wipe the inside after putting car thru wash because they dont want any water buildups around the edges. I told him if they use any liquids in conjunction with wiping, and he said windex. I'm like uhhhhh wouldnt that ruin my tint? He said most of the cars here have tints, and it has never messed up anybody's tint before. I figure that was a reasonable answer.... cus my tint isnt any more special than anyone else's tint....i guess they have exercised enough caution? What do yall think?
Old 11-20-06, 09:15 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kaius88
A little too soon to tell.... maybe eventually but lets hope not.

I took my car to the dealership for 5k service. I told them to refrain from washing the inside of my windows cus i got new tints. The guy said they have to wipe the inside after putting car thru wash because they dont want any water buildups around the edges. I told him if they use any liquids in conjunction with wiping, and he said windex. I'm like uhhhhh wouldnt that ruin my tint? He said most of the cars here have tints, and it has never messed up anybody's tint before. I figure that was a reasonable answer.... cus my tint isnt any more special than anyone else's tint....i guess they have exercised enough caution? What do yall think?
I was told to use any kind of "foam" auto glass cleaner.
Old 11-21-06, 12:59 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MD350
I was told to use any kind of "foam" auto glass cleaner.
Stoner's Invisible Glass is a great glass cleaning product, IMHO; granted I'm being a bit subjective w/ my comment but I can definitely say that, as far as cleaning auto glass is concerned, it definitely does a better job overall than Windex...that's for sure!
Old 11-21-06, 01:18 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by toneman
Stoner's Invisible Glass is a great glass cleaning product, IMHO; granted I'm being a bit subjective w/ my comment but I can definitely say that, as far as cleaning auto glass is concerned, it definitely does a better job overall than Windex...that's for sure!
I too have had good results with Stoner's and Rain-X foams. If you use a liquid glass cleaner on tinted windows, avoid the blue liquids, like Windex blue. Most of them have ammonia which harms the tint. Usually the non-blue liquid products will say no ammonia or something like that. I sometimes use a green Windex product that doesn't have ammonia it works good too.
Old 11-21-06, 06:57 PM
Vandam
Rookie

Any better pictures yet Kaius?

Quick Reply: Tint experience