ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Seat Uncomfortable

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-06 | 08:55 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
Kaius I love the keyless entry. It's the keyless start I despise. I want somewhere to keep my damn keys! And before you say "your pocket" be aware that I carry around my home keys (3)...(top and bottom lock and mailbox key), my office keys (4)...(ouside door, inside door and two file cabinets), and my magnetic pass to get in from the garage. All in addition, of course, to the huge Lexus key fob .

Not terribly pocket friendly.

I WANT SOMEWHERE TO PUT MY KEYS WHEN DRIVING!!!!

And the cupholder is just plain stupid to use for that purpose.
How about one of those retractable metal key chains that hook on your belt? Very durable I bet. Although the over sized key fob might be too heavy for one.

Last edited by LexBob2; 11-14-06 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-14-06 | 09:00 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexBob2
How about one of those retractable metal key chains that hook on your belt? Very durable I bet. Although the giant key fob might be too heavy for one.
The damn key belongs in a nice little hole on the dashboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;~))
Old 11-14-06 | 09:41 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

;~))
I guess a big metal key ring like night watchmen use, is out of the question then??
Old 11-14-06 | 10:07 AM
onsknht
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I guess a big metal key ring like night watchmen use, is out of the question then??
They should just implant a chip in customer's necks, then no need to worry about a fob... Or maybe make them more fashionable so people would wear them, a few examples.

key-fob watch
key-fob broach
key-fob earings
key-fob navel jewelry
Old 11-14-06 | 10:24 AM
dreyfus
Racer

Or just screw a small hook onto the dash or center section and hang your keys there.
Old 11-14-06 | 10:25 AM
dreyfus
Racer

Originally Posted by onsknht
They should just implant a chip in customer's necks, then no need to worry about a fob... Or maybe make them more fashionable so people would wear them, a few examples.

key-fob watch
key-fob broach
key-fob earings
key-fob navel jewelry
key-fob tongue post!
Old 11-14-06 | 10:55 AM
josephlee
Driver

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
The only thing I notice about the seats in the 350 compared to the 300 is the last upright position in relation to the headrest position, not something not to buy a car over and not something you are going to notice while previewing a demonstrator that you do not take time to adjust exactly to you for a 5 minute test drive.

I don't think anyone was suggesting they were going to run out and buy a Volvo, they were complimenting it's seats, and in my case complimenting the 07 G35 seats which you notice a difference the instant you sit down after driving an ES350 for a while then getting in one.
oh hey, dont get me wrong man. I'm just saying, heck, you already own a ES350...try to get along with it. I mean for me, it'll be another 3 or 4 years before I am trading in for another car in replacement to this (well, i have 2 other cars which I am going to do a trade-in soon). Just to clarify, the ES is only a entry luxury sedan. Its no sport luxury sedan nor luxury sedan. Compare to other cars out there, this already have a lot of features and options packaged.
Old 11-14-06 | 11:13 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by onsknht

key-fob watch
key-fob broach
key-fob earings
key-fob navel jewelry

I suggested a hook is needed up there by the start button

Or a FOB belt buckle

Or add a clip to the back and it looks like a pager

Or everybody can post to psych that those are NOT cupholders, no way are those cupholders, those are FOB rests or also called FOB nests and Lexus went a step further and provided 2 in case you are right handed or left handed so you would never have to reach too far...LOL.....But by goodness they could double as a convenient cupholder too
Old 11-14-06 | 11:20 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

I WANT SOMEWHERE TO PUT MY KEYS WHEN DRIVING!!!!
Under your hat

There's also a more secure place to put them but it might make sitting very uncomfortable!

Last edited by Lexucan; 11-14-06 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-14-06 | 11:21 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by josephlee
oh hey, dont get me wrong man. I'm just saying, heck, you already own a ES350...try to get along with it. I mean for me, it'll be another 3 or 4 years before I am trading in for another car in replacement to this (well, i have 2 other cars which I am going to do a trade-in soon). Just to clarify, the ES is only a entry luxury sedan. Its no sport luxury sedan nor luxury sedan. Compare to other cars out there, this already have a lot of features and options packaged.

Joesph,

I'm pretty much used to them, but when I take it for it's service I will ask about back rest section mechanical adjustment to see if it is possible which seems so, but I don't want to go at it myself.

What are you going to trade your other cars on?
Old 11-14-06 | 11:39 AM
CyclopStan
Rookie

"I WANT SOMEWHERE TO PUT MY KEYS WHEN DRIVING!!!!"

Have you tried the little sliding tray in the armrest compartment?
Old 11-14-06 | 03:13 PM
cowdung
Rookie

Originally Posted by CyclopStan
"I WANT SOMEWHERE TO PUT MY KEYS WHEN DRIVING!!!!"

Have you tried the little sliding tray in the armrest compartment?
Double sided velcro.
Old 11-14-06 | 04:28 PM
BillP
Driver

Back to the seat issue. I picked my ES up at Ray Catena Lexus in New Jersey and drove 5 1/2 hours straight back to Yorktown, VA. My back felt pretty good; better than after driving my wife's G-35 coupe for a few hours and about the same as driving my old 92 Volvo 960. Over all I felt less fatigued after my trip than just about any other car I've driven.

I leave my keys in the pocket of my notebook. Now that I'm used to the keyless entry and start feature I really like it.
Old 11-14-06 | 06:26 PM
dreyfus
Racer

I've never had a problem with the comfort of the ES350 seats, I've got mine dialed in just right.

Having said that, on long trips I'll vary one or two of the settings (tilt, lumbar, thigh extention, etc.) every hour or so to give my muscles a bit of a break. I find moving the seat around like this during long trips makes for less fatigue.
Old 11-14-06 | 08:25 PM
onsknht
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dreyfus
I find moving the seat around like this during long trips makes for less fatigue.
Cha-Ching!

I add a little lumbar after awhile, then take it out when it annoys me.

Quick Reply: Seat Uncomfortable