ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

HELP *me* make up my mind!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-06, 05:36 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your dealer is not the one who supposed to make a call about defective or not defective. They supposed to diagnose and document the problem. The reason why they didn't make a call about replacement is because this gets authorized from a corporate Lexus office (along with 100k free extended warranty). You also might have a less severe problem that some others are having. Trust me, your dealer is smiling in your face and giving your reassurance they are doing their best, while behind they are cursing like sailors about this problem and what they have to go through. Personally, I felt almost as bad for myself as I did for my dealership. They are nothing but a re-selling tool of Lexus. When problem happens, they are on a front line taking all the yelling and complaining from customers.

Also, you are taking this ES vs GS thing too personally. This is not supposed to be an argument of someone from GS board defending their car against someone in ES board. I'm simply stating the fact based on being an owner of both (or former owner of one). Comparison here is apples and oranges. IMHO, ES is a better value and more luxurious ride, while GS is far superior in performance and handling. I never test drove GS before I did ES, and only ended up making this decision (looking into GS as an alternative) because of all the problems I had with ES. On my personal level, I'm very happy with GS and enjoying now more than I did my original ES when I first got. Thats all. Oh, and temperature setting is identical to ES, you have up/down buttons on each side of the screen for a passenger and driver. The airflow and fan speed is the one which requires a touch of "Climate" and than touch screen selection. I prefer that better because of a big bright buttons on a big screen (great especially at night).
Old 11-24-06, 07:41 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by twister
Your dealer is not the one who supposed to make a call about defective or not defective. They supposed to diagnose and document the problem. The reason why they didn't make a call about replacement is because this gets authorized from a corporate Lexus office (along with 100k free extended warranty). You also might have a less severe problem that some others are having. Trust me, your dealer is smiling in your face and giving your reassurance they are doing their best, while behind they are cursing like sailors about this problem and what they have to go through. Personally, I felt almost as bad for myself as I did for my dealership. They are nothing but a re-selling tool of Lexus. When problem happens, they are on a front line taking all the yelling and complaining from customers.

Also, you are taking this ES vs GS thing too personally. This is not supposed to be an argument of someone from GS board defending their car against someone in ES board. I'm simply stating the fact based on being an owner of both (or former owner of one). Comparison here is apples and oranges. IMHO, ES is a better value and more luxurious ride, while GS is far superior in performance and handling. I never test drove GS before I did ES, and only ended up making this decision (looking into GS as an alternative) because of all the problems I had with ES. On my personal level, I'm very happy with GS and enjoying now more than I did my original ES when I first got. Thats all. Oh, and temperature setting is identical to ES, you have up/down buttons on each side of the screen for a passenger and driver. The airflow and fan speed is the one which requires a touch of "Climate" and than touch screen selection. I prefer that better because of a big bright buttons on a big screen (great especially at night).
Dealers are having just as hard a time as owners, both are victims of Lexus lack of quality control on ES350.

I agree with you that dealers are upset themselves over these issues whether they show it or not, though there are some that have no problem spewing the BS corporate party line on customers regarding some of the issues and then they pay for it in survey responses and reputation questionability.

Example: dealer has a survey after each service, which they conduct, imagine being the service manager or tech supervisor who cannot find or silence rattles or squeeks and then take it on the chin in after service survey responses though it was not for lack of trying on their part. Same for diesel engine knocking tapping, the dealer gets whacked for no solution offered the customer even if it was Lexus who told them to tell the customer it is normal for an ES to have diesel engine sound for miles or minutes, also even if it was a Lexus official who claimed this as normal, dealer gets it for that BS as well.
Old 11-24-06, 08:33 AM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, you are taking this ES vs GS thing too personally. This is not supposed to be an argument of someone from GS board defending their car against someone in ES board.
Nope, not a big deal to me...to each their own. But if I offended you, I'm sorry. I was just stating the facts of my bad experience with a GS350 loaner.

Regarding the transmission, when the fix comes out, I'm sure my dealer will fix the transmission issue. Your prior post stating a re-design only for the 08 es350 while leaving 07es350 owners without any recourse is just speculation on your part. It doesn't make much sense for lexus to do this.
Old 11-24-06, 09:41 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, its a speculation on my part because we are talking about '07 model released in March/April and still having an unresolved possibly random or maybe design (???) tranny problem? OK, I'm done ranting. Just hope corporate Lexus is reading these forums...
Old 11-24-06, 10:10 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Yes, its a speculation on my part because we are talking about '07 model released in March/April and still having an unresolved possibly random or maybe design (???) tranny problem? OK, I'm done ranting. Just hope corporate Lexus is reading these forums...

Twister, now that your problem is resolved I have to tell you that when first reading your subject title I did think of that Geico commercial where Little Richard says . ......Help me...