ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

List of current ES350 TSIBs

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-17, 11:10 AM
igzy
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

There are about 150 TSBs for ES now. Anyone keeping up this list?

The one TSB that I used in recently is for 07-08 model where there is excessive vibration under hard acceleration. This was due to the failed active engine mount (aka front insulator): TSB EG023-07. Cheers!
Old 08-06-17, 12:37 AM
es350chuck
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by igzy
There are about 150 TSBs for ES now. Anyone keeping up this list?

The one TSB that I used in recently is for 07-08 model where there is excessive vibration under hard acceleration. This was due to the failed active engine mount (aka front insulator): TSB EG023-07. Cheers!
where can we get the complete list of TSB's?
Old 10-30-17, 10:27 AM
igzy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by es350chuck
where can we get the complete list of TSB's?
https://www.automd.com/tsb/lexus_m/es350_mm/

Are you looking for something specific?
Old 12-26-17, 01:22 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

I went to the dealer today for the transmission shift flare problem
they looked at the car hooked it up to the computer they have and said that I have the current programs latest software available
they did transmissions flush and it made the shifting better however still had an issue so then contacted my service contract company
the dealer said that it seems like a Transmission Clutch issue that I am having
and the service contract company is probably going to send out a used transmission to have put in
the dealer did not charge me for anything they did today and are not going to charge me for the fluid flush because the contract company considers that to be regular maintenance and since I alway do my maintenance they are not going ot charge me for that.
now the contract company said it will take them 24 hours to decide what they are going to do weather it is request the dealer to tear down the transmission to prove it is what they think it is or send out a used or rebuild trans or have the dealer put in a new transmission that's what I'm waiting to find out now.
Old 01-26-18, 05:29 AM
igzy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
I went to the dealer today for the transmission shift flare problem
they looked at the car hooked it up to the computer they have and said that I have the current programs latest software available
they did transmissions flush and it made the shifting better however still had an issue so then contacted my service contract company
the dealer said that it seems like a Transmission Clutch issue that I am having
and the service contract company is probably going to send out a used transmission to have put in
the dealer did not charge me for anything they did today and are not going to charge me for the fluid flush because the contract company considers that to be regular maintenance and since I alway do my maintenance they are not going ot charge me for that.
now the contract company said it will take them 24 hours to decide what they are going to do weather it is request the dealer to tear down the transmission to prove it is what they think it is or send out a used or rebuild trans or have the dealer put in a new transmission that's what I'm waiting to find out now.
Yeah, the infamous ES flare. I just live with mine now. I too had the latest software loaded but it still persists. It happens first thing in the morning on a cold day, it flares up on the first upshift and doesn't again for the duration of the drive. I guess it gets it out of the way and then is all good, until the next cold start

What happened at the end with yours? Did you get a rebuilt transmission?
Old 01-31-18, 07:33 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Yeah, the infamous ES flare. I just live with mine now. I too had the latest software loaded but it still persists. It happens first thing in the morning on a cold day, it flares up on the first upshift and doesn't again for the duration of the drive. I guess it gets it out of the way and then is all good, until the next cold start: rolleyes:

What happened at the end with yours? Did you get a rebuilt transmission?
My Service Contract Company i have would not pay for a Remand or rebuilt they wanted to try and save money.
So they ended up shipping a used trans from another 07 ES350 with 102k on it they purchased that trans from the vendor in Texas for 1400.
Then they paid the dealership like 1800 for the labor this included the trans filter strainer to be replaced like 11 or 12 qts of new fluid a trans flush and some other stuff like seals and stuff needed for the strainer to be replaced and trans and seal and stuff.
the Lexus dealership in salt lake got the trans in got it running
noticed some very loud noise sounding like the pump was bad
called my service contract company again. they contacted the vendor they got the trans from they sent another inspector out
once the inspector got there a few days later to inspect started it up heard the noise and a few moments later it started to spit and puke trans fluid all over

The vendor sent another Used transmission this time it was from 2009 it had 125k on it service contract paid for labor again another 1800 for the entire job to be done twice now after the second one came it was installed and runs quiet shifts smooth no issues. no cold start up jerking no shift flares I can put it into gear like less than 1 minute after starting it on a morning when its 20oF outside and it is smooth no issues at all no high idles or anything.

so 5,000 dollars latter I have a used trans that runs great.
they could have spent like 4500 and got a remaned one the first time but try to save some money and this stuff happens.

Last edited by ThumperPup; 01-31-18 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-01-18, 11:33 AM
igzy
Lead Lap

Oh wow, what a saga, hopefully they gave you a rental in the mean time and this one serves you a long time!

Similar happened after my accident on the Maxima I had: rear beam was bent in the accident, they replaced it with a used one which was also bent, ended up replacing it again but with a new one after I insisted on it so to avoid the 3rd repair. The part cost wasn't in thousands like an AT would be, but my thinking way was the same as yours
Old 02-01-18, 12:50 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Oh wow, what a saga, hopefully they gave you a rental in the mean time and this one serves you a long time!

Similar happened after my accident on the Maxima I had: rear beam was bent in the accident, they replaced it with a used one which was also bent, ended up replacing it again but with a new one after I insisted on it so to avoid the 3rd repair. The part cost wasn't in thousands like an AT would be, but my thinking way was the same as yours
Yes the dealer had me in a rental from Hertz for the first like 2 days until they got a loaner for availabel for me then for the next almost 4 weeks they had me in a brand new 2018 NX. I leave the state a few times a month so i had to get permission from the dealer every time i wanted to take a 90 mile drive up idaho and wyoming lol.
had like 19 miles on it when i got it had like 3900 when i returned it.

i have had times where i have had to insist on the insurance company using new OEM parts because i was able to show how in previous times they had used Capa new , OEM Refurbished and used parts and they never lighned up right so usualy when i show them proofe they just say the hell with it and aprove new OEM right off the first time.
like for example i have hit 2 dears and had 1 at fualt accident and one wealther damage claim that caused them to have to replace the Bumper 3 of those times and the headlamps each of those times.
the first two times they started off with Capa bumpers and aftermarket Headlamps and they had to do it again each time to get it righ twith OEM parts.
the last 2 times they had to replace them i was able to tell them what old claims to look through and see how it just cost them more money for extra rental days and more money for them to have to have the work done twice so for now on they just always replace them with NEW OEM parts.
Old 02-01-18, 02:29 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

It's good that you got a rental and a loaner. Sounds like an inconvenience and PITA overall.
Old 02-01-18, 03:20 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by LexBob2
It's good that you got a rental and a loaner. Sounds like an inconvenience and PITA overall.
yeah it was a PITA for sure.
also when i got it back i noticed the engine light was on there was a missfire Coil F needed to be replaced with 192k almost i was ok with that out of pocket for he coil
i also saw when i went to change it that the conector had been appoxied onto the coil that upset me and i know the only place that ever did anhyting with the plugs was the dealership in Florida when i had the plugs changed 3 years ago so i called and complained and then the other day they called me back i said look this isnt right im upset that you did that and didnt tell me that they where damaged tried to hide it from me and they are sending me a check to cover what it woud have cost for labor to have it done evne though i did that myself.

also the A/F Sensor on bank 1 that was replaced last year when i replaced the manifold went bad the dealership replaced that again under warranty since it was just may last year when i replaced that

one of the there techs damaged the plastic cover that covers the drive side of the engine compartment so the dealership is ordering a replacement cover and going to call me when that comes in no charge.
so yes PITA
Old 02-01-18, 03:23 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Might be time to start looking for something else?
Old 02-01-18, 03:51 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Might be time to start looking for something else?
I was thinking about that I have a few different vehicles that I'm looking at I would want to stay around 15K to 17k and id like it to be a L Certified I know that's not to easy to do but I found a few that I liked

I was looking at a 2012 ES350
a 2012 CT200H
and a 2010 or 2011 HS250H this would not be certified because of age.

I could get a 2012 CT200H Local non certified with 83k on it so it still has some of the Hybrid warranty on it for 11k locally and there is a 2012 CT200h and never about 8-hour drive from me this certified for 16k right now.
I applied for a loan yesterday through my credit union they turned me down because of my monthly income right now
and I was approved through capital one auto and chase auto loans but the interest rate they offered me was too high like 16% I'm not willing to do that
If I wait another year I have a bankruptcy that will will be 10 years old and then it won't be on my record anymore so ill have a better chance at getting a better rate then so i think I'm going to wait till than. and try again. The Credit union told me that if i wait a year and also increa my income by a few hundred a month ill probably get approved through them for like a 8% loan depending on what the prime rate are so i just need to wait till November of this year
Old 04-23-18, 03:05 PM
luvmyes350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticky Dash but too late

Well, looks like I'm too late to get Lexus to cover my 2007 ES350 with the sticky dash. Called corporate today and they said no, but will cover my 2009 RX350. My question is, since I'm not going to pony up $2000 to get it replaced, is there are really good dash cover out there that doesn't look like junk ? My car even after 11 years is primo so I don't want to put some ugly looking dash cover on there.

Last edited by luvmyes350; 04-23-18 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 08-22-21, 10:03 AM
xjokerz
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by luvmyes350
Well, looks like I'm too late to get Lexus to cover my 2007 ES350 with the sticky dash. Called corporate today and they said no, but will cover my 2009 RX350. My question is, since I'm not going to pony up $2000 to get it replaced, is there are really good dash cover out there that doesn't look like junk ? My car even after 11 years is primo so I don't want to put some ugly looking dash cover on there.
What did you end up doing with the dash?