Ziebart

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-06, 10:51 PM
future2020
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ziebart

Hi all

I am thinking seriously to have full car polish and wax for my brand new ES 350 2007 both interior and exterior from Ziebart in order tp protect the paint and seats,

have any body tried them ?

I need your advise and comments

Thanks
Old 11-21-06, 07:07 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All new ES350s already come with a fresh layer of wax, at least that's what I've been told. Not sure what they use and if its enough before the winter to protect from salt and other weather elements.
Old 11-21-06, 06:21 PM
Sickwitit
Driver School Candidate

I plan to put on several layers of wax and sealant before snow falls, granted I've only had the car for less than a week but in order to help combat the elements up north and as as well as I only have one garage and my Benz get's the honors of being kept inside I'd like to give my lex a fighting chance in the harsh elements.
Old 11-21-06, 08:14 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

they have been around for awhile, check what kind of wax they are using, I know several people who get their cars detailed for about 1000 every year and you can use a hose to wash the car, nothing sticks

I've seen detail shops with outrageous prices and they uses waxes right off the shelf from the local parts store
Old 11-27-06, 03:49 AM
future2020
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys

Still waiting for more comments or advises
Old 11-27-06, 06:53 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by future2020
Thanks guys

Still waiting for more comments or advises
Something like Ziebart for the interior and exterior is a personal choice. You have to decide if it's worth it to you in terms of effectiveness and cost. Personally, I don't see the value in it. With todays clear coat finishes, if you keep the exterior clean, wash it regularly, a coat of wax once or twice a year, and keep the interior clean (use winter floor mats), before it gets too dirty, your car will look good for a long time. IMO there's no substitute for keeping a car clean from the start. It's a lot easier to keep up, if it never gets too dirty.

Last edited by LexBob2; 11-27-06 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-27-06, 05:11 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the manufacturers website (Lexus Brothers, not Ziebart) they recommend waxing the car monthly. Yes monthly.

1) What kind of wax should be used on a Lexus vehicle? 2) How often should a Lexus vehicle be waxed? 3) Will it hurt the paint to wax a brand new Lexus vehicle?
1) Lexus does not manufacture a specific wax for Lexus vehicles. Lexus recommends high quality wax, such as pure carnuba wax, to maintain the original beauty of the exterior finish. 2) In normal conditions, Lexus recommends waxing the vehicle once a month or when water no longer beads on the paint.3) It will not hurt the paint to apply wax to a brand new Lexus vehicle.

Emphasis mine
Old 12-02-06, 11:43 AM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope you didn't already have this done. It's a ripoff, and unncessary. I don't want to write a novel here, so here's the abbreviated version:

- No wax or sealant can last longer than a year.

- No interior protection is any better than spraying with a can of scotchgard from a store shelf, and most Lexus have leather anyway. All you can do for leather is use a good cleaner and conditioner - you can do this yourself in 30 minutes or less, and it needs to be done at least a couple of times each year.

- The dealer makes huge profits off of these sealants, which are $15 a bottle at most and can do at least 20 cars.

I'm a car care nut, and do it all myself often. The dealer WILL swirl your paint, and the "service" they're selling you doesn't include polishing the vehicle to remove imperfections. The five-year warranty REQUIRES annual reapplication at the dealer. Do yourself a favor - save your money, and apply a decent wax and/or sealant yourself.

I hate seeing people get ripped off with this stuff.
Old 12-03-06, 07:21 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Originally Posted by 15951
I hate seeing people get ripped off with this stuff.
Isn't that the truth!

Go to the Automotive Care and Detailing forum. There is great information there! Have lots of time on your hands before you do though.

Then get yourself a Porter Cable 7424 buffer. It was by far my best investment in the time and energy it saves. I am a DIY kinda guy when it comes to keeping my cars and boat looking good. I would wax the Lexus every month if I could find the time, but I do detail it every couple or three months which is a must with the type of weather we have in Virginia. Especially here at the oceanfront.

A once a year application of ANYTHING simply will not hold up....wherever you live.

Get to work!

Last edited by Macklin; 12-03-06 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-03-06, 05:59 PM
mattssi
Pole Position

I did them for Window tint on my 01 IS300. Worst Experience. Pre-cut film had jagged edges all around windows.

Took it back

2nd time had uneven gaps on all the windows

Took it back

Still wasn't perfect, but was so annoyed and just left it alone. I'd recommend another shop - although for detailing, supposedly they are good at that... I personally would look elsewhere.
Old 12-03-06, 08:26 PM
josephlee
Driver

Originally Posted by Macklin
Isn't that the truth!

Go to the Automotive Care and Detailing forum. There is great information there! Have lots of time on your hands before you do though.

Then get yourself a Porter Cable 7424 buffer. It was by far my best investment in the time and energy it saves. I am a DIY kinda guy when it comes to keeping my cars and boat looking good. I would wax the Lexus every month if I could find the time, but I do detail it every couple or three months which is a must with the type of weather we have in Virginia. Especially here at the oceanfront.

A once a year application of ANYTHING simply will not hold up....wherever you live.

Get to work!
Hey Macklin,

for the PC7424, how do u know which speed you have to use for cleaning, waxing, sealing, etc? And which pads do you use specifically for each step?

Joe
Old 12-04-06, 04:37 AM
Macklin
Advanced

I use the red pads that Griots Garage sells....not sure what they call them. They also have a pretty good deal on the buffer. I only use the buffer to apply the wax. I use soft cotton cloth and buff the wax off by hand.

I have never used sealer. (Although some of the photos from the guys who do use it over on the Detailing forum are spectacular!) I haven't seen the need since I do wash and wax so often.